Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Im no expert on evisu sizing but ... I sized down 2 for my no.2 2000 and still have a comfortable fit ,im not suggesting for you to do the same but it would be wise to get actual measurements before you buy as they can be quite over sized

Seems to be a big difference between production lots , my no.2's measure just over 30 and there tag size 28

I can remember years ago buying a pair of no.2 2001's ( the ones with the bow/knot on the back pocket ) in a 32 and they were really tight in the waist ( true waist 30)

I think yamane is defo still involved with evisu. I follow him on twitter and he is always updating his blog with pictures of stuff....evisu this and that, store photos, new clothes etc etc.

Yeah, Benny at Take5 has quite a close relationship with him (hence the T5 Yamane Deluxe edition which are essentially 2000 No.1) and told me that even if Yamane takes more of a backseat these days, he is very much the owner of Evisu.

They are no.2 denim if my memory serves me correctly. I think the black stitched label on the rear pocket on yamane deluxe signifies no.1, the ones your talking about are a brown stitched label I think.

Edited by dant87

So, it looks like Evisu International are pushing a more premium approach- I know my mate is stocking for A/W 13 along with Oi Polloi, but the retail price for these is an eye watering £550 I'm told. Will see if he can get me some more info when he goes to see Evisu in next week ot so. Still, despite the price, at least it's a step towards a more authentic and original Evisu, Japan made, even if it's way overpriced. I'll be sticking to the original MiJ via proxy.

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2013/06/evisu-denim-premium-collection-for-fall-2013/

Part of me wants to see Evisu get back to a more heritage approach, even though I don't want to see loads of people wearing it- it's for a small appreciative crowd like us who wear it regardless, not just if/when it's back in favour and in the posh shops!

Damn crash you lost some weight? Second for photos of the current collection. Thanks.

Yeah, turning 40 at the start of the year was all the motivation I needed to pick up those dumbbells again (!) and it's all slowly dropped off throughout the year. According to the tailor who handles my alterations and occasionally makes clothes for me, who has a card with my measurements, I've lost four inches off my natural (real) waist so far this year so it's not just jeans that are fitting better, but tees and shirts too. Love handles are almost a thing of the past!

I'll get some pics up, only got four pairs of jeans and a jacket to show off these days though...

Guys just picked these up......wtf is the cut?!

The fit is more relaxed than my lot2000's by a fair bit. I wondered if they were lot2001!? I have never tried lot2001 on before to compare though.

Not much wear on them tbh. Not sure whether to wear them or maybe archive them in my collection.

Leg twist!? No.1!?

null-10.jpg

null-12.jpg

null-13.jpg

null-11.jpg

Embroidered gulls

null-9.jpg

Small e

null-8.jpg

More photos to follow....lot? No? Age?

Edited by dant87

So, it looks like Evisu International are pushing a more premium approach- I know my mate is stocking for A/W 13 along with Oi Polloi, but the retail price for these is an eye watering £550 I'm told. Will see if he can get me some more info when he goes to see Evisu in next week ot so. Still, despite the price, at least it's a step towards a more authentic and original Evisu, Japan made, even if it's way overpriced. I'll be sticking to the original MiJ via proxy.

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2013/06/evisu-denim-premium-collection-for-fall-2013/

Part of me wants to see Evisu get back to a more heritage approach, even though I don't want to see loads of people wearing it- it's for a small appreciative crowd like us who wear it regardless, not just if/when it's back in favour and in the posh shops!

You know, there's nothing about those jeans that I think is anything special?

That 2000 model is basically a slightly heavier version but without a red tab. Would you settle for a pair of jeans that didn't have the tab and gave you extra sweaty bollocks on a warm day? I'm not even sure why people who live in less than borderline Arctic conditions would want to wear jeans heavier than 14.5oz unless they're riding bikes in them...