Evisu is still loved!

benzak

i'm not sure which cut it is but the jeans has an extreme wide leg, painted seagulls and features details like hidden rivets, etc...that's all i can say. it was my first pair of evisu in 1999 and all i can say is that the cut is horrible! ;-)

Anybody has any news about the new Evisu No.1 denim? I see the price has been updated to the usual 30,400 Yen again but the stock remained the same. Can’t believe they are not re-stocking their premium product in a year’s time.

Ordered a new pair of 2000 #1 last week, with arcs this time  ^_^ current pair are a year old now and the only busted stitches are on the hidden rivets, just chucked them in for their umpteenth machine wash as the pocket openings are minging (suntan lotion off my hands).

i'm not sure when evisu international was available here? I bought the jeans in italy back in the days because no store here in germany sold this brand at that time...

probably one of those made in italy evisu that were produced here around 1999-2000.

don't they have a inner tag?

Where did you buy them?

Evisu.jp had a restock last week sizes 31 to 38, I asked ma proxy to double check if they were new stock and get back to me, heard nowt so probably last of the redline. 

It does. But so does the Flathead 3xxx denim. And when I remember correctly, the 3001 also kinda shrinks from tag size like the Evisu jeans (and is a smaller cut overall). From your waist measurements, a size 30 or 31 would be enough, IMO and a 32 would be too big. But it also depends on how you want the jeans to fit.

@bF abundant thx

actually my evisu is already OTW, i just couldnt resist the old silver selvedge..my bad! .>.<

upon hearing your opinion i supposed i wont bother soak the jeans once i receive it

better off put it on the supermarket or keep it for the future in case i ever gain weight

Well if they are already on the way to you, in a few days you will know how they fit and if you could soak/wash them.

That being said, my pair is also the old silver/black/grey selvage. I wear a size 34 in nearly every other brand and a size 35 in those #2000 No.1. My real waist size is around 35".

And the most recent fit pic I got (that said, nearly 2 years old...)

23082011.jpg

and another one :)

05092011.jpg

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

You obvioulsy don't know me well. I'm just here to buy jeans and talk about them. I let others do the dirty work who actually really wear their jeans ;)

I have several jeans with some weeks to months wear on them, not much to show. Only some have seen more wear and also show some fading.

No problem :)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Sized up 3 on mine to a 35, they shrank right down to 31.5" initially, after loads of machine washes they're a bit tight in the waist at first but give an inch after a few minutes, they are a really nice regular straight leg jean albeit with a low front rise (10.25"), comfy as fuck and I don't want to wear anything else.

Buying the No 1 (esp in the slimmer 2000 cut ) unseen is always a challenge....Lot-to-lot , shop-to-shop variation and it seems to have a life of its own in terms of how it shrinks after soak :laugh2:

BTW evisu. jp online store suggested sizing up 2 (according to Google's translation)

Went to Evisu Osaka today to do the same thing I did last year, which is to get my Evisu International No.2's painted. Despite it being the same store the woman was ridiculously rude and straight up refused within 2 sentences.. Despite the fact that I told her I'd gotten it done twice before >_< . Need to go to a store with nicer staff it seems. 

BTW evisu. jp online store suggested sizing up 2 (according to Google's translation)

That bit of info hasn't changed in years, from my experience with Lot 2000 No.1 I would size accordingly:

White/Silver +2

Grey/Silver +1

Black/Gold +3

White/Red +3

anyone here with 2000 no.1 (grey/silver selvedge) sz 32? need to see the fitting 

i just received mine, and its look definitely big for me, now im considering either to soak or sell it...

coz you know it will be easier to sell it UW rather than OW 

That would explain why I am so happy with my grey/silver selvage (apart from its color) and can't comprehend why so many advise to size up that much. Looks I got lucky with my first pair and mild upsizing

Yeah I got caught out with these, they shrank but just stretched right back out so I ordered another pair a size smaller and received the black/gold....  you need to stop fucking around with other brands and just wear yours out  ;)

Funny enough I'm on it :D

The Evisu somehow became my main pair during this week and it fells like they will stay at the top of my rotation for quite some time. I have the image of beatle walking besides the lake with her worn in DD+1 tour jeans and this is my inspiration :D

anyone here with 2000 no.1 (grey/silver selvedge) sz 32? need to see the fitting 

i just received mine, and its look definitely big for me, now im considering either to soak or sell it...

coz you know it will be easier to sell it UW rather than OW 

tbh selling raw jeans that have been soaked shouldn't be a problem - buyer gets to know actual sizing, and frankly, soaking and waiting for jeans to dry is a bit of a bore.