Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Conversation with the seller of Take5 while we talke about the collab product Yamane X Take5.

Plus the owner of Take5 once said because of certain reason, the collab will be Yamane not Evisu.

So, IF above is confirmed, Evisu Japan will be something similar with Evisu Europe.

I had thought that the Take5 collab had to go under the Yamane brand because it's essentially a project with Evisu Japan in the territory of Evisu International (or Evisu HK whatever...). Anyway, this is quite the bombshell you're dropping.

Hold on a sec....can someone tell me what the hell I just read? Is evisu.jp still all good? Is this why what Warakia translated comes across as a bit Evisu Japan brand re-invention?

So months of watching Ebay paid off as I finally got my favorite pair again:

20130325_175624.jpg

Actually if I could find a pair of 0005's in a W29 that would be perfect but for now this'll do too. I already owned this one and wore them for 1,5 years, beautiful fading. Bummer an incident with the tailor meant they are no longer in my possession so my excitement when these popped up on the 'bay was big as you can imagine :D .

Now since my 2005's are also coming in this week, the question is whether I am going to save these until the summer and get them painted in Japan, or start wearing them already..

So I got my 2005's in today. Beautiful, awesome camo inner pockets. Unfortunately I seem to have lost more weight than I thought so these are too big on me :( . My loss is your gain, so anybody interested in a pair of Evisu 2005 No. 2, W32, unhemmed and unworn with white handpainted gulls? Will be listing these in the marketplace soon too. Up on the marketplace: http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/147749-bnwt-evisu-2005-no-2-white-gulls/

Edited by Warakia

So I got my 2005's in today. Beautiful, awesome camo pockets. Unfortunately I seem to have lost more weight than I thought so these are too big on me :( . My loss is your gain, so anybody interested in a pair of Evisu 2005 No. 2, W32, unhemmed and unworn with white handpainted gulls? Will be listing these in the marketplace soon too.

Just Pm'd you.

Really shouldn't be enquiring as my 2001s landed on Tuesday. 32 waist.....but measured 30! Thankfully with a soak and some stretch they fit like a glove. Pics to come when I can sort a hosting link and a camera....

0005 sample denim (green and black selvedge, guys at Evisu couldn't tell me much more about it either when they sold it to me), about 1 year of wear. First pair of Evisu's actually, absolutely loved them to bits although now they turned a little bit too gray and grimey for my taste.

IMG_8588.jpg

IMG_8589.jpg

IMG_8590-1.jpg

Edited by Warakia

0005 No.2 greencast, about 6 months of wear. This denim is interesting, really heavily greencasted and much to my surprise fading rather quickly. Currently wearing these as I'm in between pairs although I kind of have a love hate relationship with how green they are, some days I like it and some days I feel it's too much.

IMG_8585.jpg

IMG_8586-1.jpg

IMG_8587.jpg

Now my favorite pair with by far the most wear (1,5 years) was my other 0005 No. 2, but as I've probably said too many times already (still bothers me it seems eh) those are lost forever at the tailor and I never took proper pictures of those.. I did buy them again recently so at least there's that. Some of the other pairs I lost too much weight for (31 0005's for example) so they never saw wear for more than a couple of months.

Edited by Warakia

Thanks, it's really hard to capture the color of those green casts.

It's not that I'm not interested in No.1's, but especially in the past I disliked cuts that were 21cm or bigger leg opening, which ruled out all the No. 1 models.. However nowadays I'm a bit more open to it so who knows, might get a pair of 2000 No. 1's someday. Also, the sizing on No.1's always seemed like such a pain in the ass and very prone to missizing, which would be a bit of an issue with a ¥30.000+ pair of jeans. Anyway, all in due time, actually atm mostly excited to check out the new '66 inspired cut evisu is launching in person this summer.