Evisu is still loved!

benzak

.. I bought a pair of 2001 not long ago, a size 35, but they only measured 33"

Also a problem to consider, evisu is like the lottery when it comes it sizing most of the time it seems.

Thanks chaps- a bit of a lottery in some respects! Waiting to hear back from Sutocorp on definite availability, but I think it sounds like 35x35 could work out given the undersized pre soak measurements of Freezie's pair, and the extra shrinkage of redline batch

Will you lot please kindly shut the fuck up?

I've just regretfully retired a favourite pair of jeans and all this talk of MiJ denim has got my wallet twitching...

Crash i bet you have some serious amountage of raw denim still to wear!?

As my other current Evisu's are in need of repairs/reinforcement, due to immenient crotch failure!

I dug this out of my vault to take some (crappy) pics and measurements. These are the 2009 version, so they're not the most coveted... but they will do. :ph34r:

RedGulls_zps198d434c.jpg

GreenSelvedge_zpsc0ca5e60.jpg

As my other current Evisu's are in need of repairs/reinforcement, due to immenient crotch failure!

I dug this out of my vault to take some (crappy) pics and measurements. These are the 2009 version, so they're not the most coveted... but they will do. :ph34r:

RedGulls_zps198d434c.jpg

GreenSelvedge_zpsc0ca5e60.jpg

Love your jawns!!!

Looking good all round. Was helping a friend over the weekend and spilt some battery acid on my No.2's without notice. Now ive got all these burn holes in the legs I have to repair. This is going to be fun...

Lets see!

do evisu stores take phone orders? can I ask them to mail me a hand-painted pair of 2000's?

They won't do international orders, so it depends where in the world you are. A proxy would be your best bet if outside of Japan.

Crash i bet you have some serious amountage of raw denim still to wear!?

Funnily enough, I don't - got a few pieces that I don't wear as much as I should have, but no vast stocks of denim. I am a boot hoarder, but they all get worn when the fancy takes me.

Indeed, and if any of it is in size 32 and you want to sell let me know- Sutocorp got back to me and despite showing size availability, the 2001s are indeed sold out. Good shout from beautiful_Freak!

Would it have to be raw, per se?

Crash - I just figured your wardrobe would be like a denim vault of this and that.....perhaps even containing items that were just previously thought by many just to be rumours!

Would anyone be interested in a pair of W31 0005 No.2's, blank backpockets? Wore them for maybe a month and a half before I had to admit they were too big for me and they've been sitting in my closet ever since, would prefer to see them being worn in by someone as the denim on these produces great results (I sized down to a 30 and wore that one into the ground, great results). Would let them go cheaply.

Edited by Warakia

Interesting items from the Evisu blog;

8574908755_a371712edc_z.jpg

Its name is heirloom (room air). Told for generations, passed down like a family heirloom important are loved it is the nickname of Evisu basic items.

2000, 2001 classic, including domestic production factory Evisu products are in full operation of neonatal Evisu Japan from March to return to traditional price and no. The fact that by the end of February is better to purchase or leave us! ? As you know already the new G WAY of the whole body and production manager Skies , such as domestic debut of Phil ongoing production steadily. It just Do not end.

As a further measure to strengthen nascent Evisu is the name I do not put out a certain designer partnered with increasingly aggressive attitude has shown aggressive. Above, the policy-making!

Looks like new No.1 denim coming soon then. Plus what looks like a "66" cut - G Way Lot 9000 which are up on the online store for about 18000JPY

8574929269_2f9a0d6696_z.jpg

8576024746_368c002acc_z.jpg

8574929549_6cd2ec630d_z.jpg

Edited by Freezie

Well I hope this will make a bit more sense.. It was written in an extremely annoying way with all the breaks in the sentences so the translation isn't that great unfortunately:

The new Evisu style has been decided to become a standard product.

The name is Heirloom.

Discussed for generations, and passed down in the way of an important heirloom and loved, the popular names of Evisu's staple goods.

The domestic Evisu Factory produced Evisu goods, which amongst others include the standard 2000 and 2001 goods, will along with the rebirth of Evisu Japan's traditional production, return to normal prices.

The thing is, until the end of February, the prices were cheap right?!

You've already been introduced to the new product made by chief of production Kaishuu, such as the G-way and other products that will debut later, of which the production is steadily progressing.

And that's not all.

Furthermore, in order to strengthen the new Evisu policies, although the name will not be made public, an unknown designer has linked up with Evisu in order to increasingly display an offensive stance.

Further, company policies!

---

Seems like Evisu Japan is having a bit of a reorganisation, and by the looks of it are planning on introducing a number of new cuts as well. Exciting!

realy ?? i never expected that would happen , do you have a link to the info or was it just in conversation

Conversation with the seller of Take5 while we talke about the collab product Yamane X Take5.

Plus the owner of Take5 once said because of certain reason, the collab will be Yamane not Evisu.

So, IF above is confirmed, Evisu Japan will be something similar with Evisu Europe.