Evisu is still loved!

benzak

benny.take5.co.jp/?eid=387#sequel

Aaah thanks. They look sweet!

Will they be available online or just in the store anyone know?

Edited by dant87

They look pretty average, I reckon. That model has been around for some time, and the collaboration doesn't make them any more appealing to me personally.

Been a while since I found any old Evis goodness (although, to be fair, been a while since I looked!) but will post pics tomorrow of an Evis Type II jacket with light blue gulls on the pockets and the collar. No leather patch but red Evis tag still there. Would fit a 40 chest - if interested, drop me a line as otherwise it's going on eBay this week.

They look pretty average, I reckon. That model has been around for some time, and the collaboration doesn't make them any more appealing to me personally.

Been a while since I found any old Evis goodness (although, to be fair, been a while since I looked!) but will post pics tomorrow of an Evis Type II jacket with light blue gulls on the pockets and the collar. No leather patch but red Evis tag still there. Would fit a 40 chest - if interested, drop me a line as otherwise it's going on eBay this week.

I wish I could pick up the bargains you sometimes are able to find crash!

Can anyone help, I don't know if these are real evisu listed on ebay

Evisu Indigo Japon Genes Japan Vintage Lot 0041 No.3! Rare Mens 38 X 36 (34x34)

http://bit.ly/124LuLd

Item number 290869446556

Very grateful for any help!

They're real, but they're European and not even repro - and the seller is trying his luck asking for an opening bid of fifty quid! and what the fuck is he on about with 'rare orange stitching'? He's having a fucking giraffe :D

If you're after a pair with that specific design then keep watching eBay 'cause they pop up all the time and for a far lower asking price than those...

greetings,

thanks for the heads up on the 30% off.. ive never been able to get my hands on the MiJ evisus before.. so was hoping ya'll could help me out on the size.. I tried the browser translator on the website and couldn't really fully understand it all.. wanted to get a pair of the 2000 no.1.. im about size 29 on the 0005 fit.. figured i'd go for 31-32 on the no.1's.. but i'm not sure what it says on the website.. something about just choosing your size? so if i'm trying to aim for around size 30, should i get a 32 or just 30 (although its unavailable)? Thanks in advance!

greetings,

thanks for the heads up on the 30% off.. ive never been able to get my hands on the MiJ evisus before.. so was hoping ya'll could help me out on the size.. I tried the browser translator on the website and couldn't really fully understand it all.. wanted to get a pair of the 2000 no.1.. im about size 29 on the 0005 fit.. figured i'd go for 31-32 on the no.1's.. but i'm not sure what it says on the website.. something about just choosing your size? so if i'm trying to aim for around size 30, should i get a 32 or just 30 (although its unavailable)? Thanks in advance!

Most no.1 denim shrinks about 2 sizes but I think the redline selvage denim has been known to shrink even more. I'd of thought it would stretch a little though to be about 2 sizes down after shrinkage in the end.

To give you an idea I had the same battle.....I was wondering what size to get knowing my waist to be a 32. I was advised 34 will be the best as like I say they shrink 2 sizes. After the 2 washes they have had (no.1 lot 2000) they fit me perfect now all the shrinkage is out.

My advice would definitely be to go for a 32 if your aiming for an overall 30. It will take a little time (washes and soaks) but eventually they should fit perfectly as i found with my pair. Lot 2000 is nice.

So my 2005's showed up at my friend his house today, shitty picture he took:

130226_203501.jpg

The only thing I'm a bit worried about is that the waist he measured is 4 centimeters bigger than what the Evisu website said.. 88 for a W32 pair. My current W33 pair (which is too big) is 88 so I hope they shrink in the wash, else these will be up for sale in 2 weeks when I get them.

greetings,

http://shop.evisu.jp/shopdetail/004041000002/order/

All the lower sizes have sold out, you'll have to get a 32. You know they dont post outside Japan right? Just send your proxy an email and send them the link, what size you want, what colour gulls, any reduction to the leg (No.1 will probably shrink 3-3.5 inches in the leg, I think raw for size 32 its 37.5 inch leg) and you are good to go.

So my 2005's showed up at my friend his house today, shitty picture he took:

130226_203501.jpg

The only thing I'm a bit worried about is that the waist he measured is 4 centimeters bigger than what the Evisu website said.. 88 for a W32 pair. My current W33 pair (which is too big) is 88 so I hope they shrink in the wash, else these will be up for sale in 2 weeks when I get them.

Dude you've gone for more 2005? Those taken in Japan yah?

What's the tab just Evisu? Or you managed another jp tab?

Yeah got another pair of 2005's, I just can't get with 21cm leg openings and the rest of the jeans are pretty much the same so figured I'd give these another shot since my last pair is way too big for me now (unfortunate side effect of losing weight eh). Also, a fuck up from the tailor led to the fact my beloved hand painted pair are no longer with me (but I got a cash compensation) so it felt right to spend it on some more gulls again.

I assume these'll have the normal tabs since the Japanese tabs were a 2010 special edition (that's what someone on here said). Btw, what size are yours? Could you post measurements perhaps?

Edited by Warakia

Yeah got another pair of 2005's, I just can't get with 21cm leg openings and the rest of the jeans are pretty much the same so figured I'd give these another shot since my last pair is way too big for me now (unfortunate side effect of losing weight eh). Also, a fuck up from the tailor led to the fact my beloved hand painted pair are no longer with me (but I got a cash compensation) so it felt right to spend it on some more gulls again.

I assume these'll have the normal tabs since the Japanese tabs were a 2010 special edition (that's what someone on here said). Btw, what size are yours? Could you post measurements perhaps?

Yeh your right the 2005 is for the absolute win. It's a shame about the problem with the others or I would have had them off you just for the tab, they probly would have fit anyway given I've stretched my 2005s in the waist a little from being stubborn they fit awesome, love the cut so bad.

What measurements ya need? straight off I can confirm theyre tagged 32x35 no2 obviously. i'm rocking 16.5" waist. But everytime they soak that's down to a 16" and then back out again after about 4-5 wears.

Like I say shame about your old ones, id have had them loved that tab.

Can anyone explain to me how the sizing for the MIJ No.1 and No. 2 denim works? Is 2000 a straight cut or relaxed cut? I understand that the sizing for Evisu International is relaxed (2000 cut), straight (2008 cut), and skinny (2010 cut). Is that the same for the MIJ version?

Can anyone explain to me how the sizing for the MIJ No.1 and No. 2 denim works? Is 2000 a straight cut or relaxed cut? I understand that the sizing for Evisu International is relaxed (2000 cut), straight (2008 cut), and skinny (2010 cut). Is that the same for the MIJ version?

For MiJ 2005 would be their slimmest cut but only comes in No.2 denim, so if you got 2000 in a No.1, it could be a tossup.

The sizing Q always comes up lol... No.2 shrinks say 5% where No.1 might shrink 15-20%. Just size up 2 for No.1 and true to size for No.2

Yeh your right the 2005 is for the absolute win. It's a shame about the problem with the others or I would have had them off you just for the tab, they probly would have fit anyway given I've stretched my 2005s in the waist a little from being stubborn they fit awesome, love the cut so bad.

What measurements ya need? straight off I can confirm theyre tagged 32x35 no2 obviously. i'm rocking 16.5" waist. But everytime they soak that's down to a 16" and then back out again after about 4-5 wears.

Like I say shame about your old ones, id have had them loved that tab.

I actually still have my 2005's with the Japanese tab, the pair I lost to the tailor were 0005's No.2 (International Evisu). A shame as I put 1,5 years of daily wear in them, and (and I think this is quite rare) they allowed me to get my international Evisu's handpainted when I took them into the shop in Osaka and explained it, so a little bit of East meets West. The only picture I have, that I quickly took in the shop before I left them there:

20130212_155854.jpg

You can see the fuckup job done at the buttonhole.. which wasn't broken for what it's worth.. Well that was only the beginning of the issues with the tailor really.

If you could measure the thigh and knee (blue in green or selfedge measurements, both work for me) that would be great as your measurement of the waist sounds a lot more accurate than what my friend measured, and I ordered the same size. Cheers

Edited by Warakia

I actually still have my 2005's with the Japanese tab, the pair I lost to the tailor were 0005's No.2 (International Evisu). A shame as I put 1,5 years of daily wear in them, and (and I think this is quite rare) they allowed me to get my international Evisu's handpainted when I took them into the shop in Osaka and explained it, so a little bit of East meets West. The only picture I have, that I quickly took in the shop before I left them there:

20130212_155854.jpg

You can see the fuckup job done at the buttonhole.. which wasn't broken for what it's worth.. Well that was only the beginning of the issues really.

If you could measure the thigh and knee (blue in green or selfedge measurements, both work for me) that would be great as your measurement of the waist sounds a lot more accurate than what my friend measured, and I ordered the same size. Cheers

Yeh no worries man, will do it after work tomorow for ya. Your 88cm measurement I think it was sounds a little generous for a tagged 32 to me but ya never know given this is Evisu lol. 88 divided by 2.5 for inches is 35.2 so about 17.5 inches across which seems big obviously as ya know.

You'll probly find that they measure similar to mine hopefully!

For MiJ 2005 would be their slimmest cut but only comes in No.2 denim, so if you got 2000 in a No.1, it could be a tossup.

The sizing Q always comes up lol... No.2 shrinks say 5% where No.1 might shrink 15-20%. Just size up 2 for No.1 and true to size for No.2

Exactly what I'd say too. Having been there and done it blah blah.

What I struggled to get my head round most when I was new to evisu was basically why I'd wanna go spend a load of money on expensive no.1 jeans to get the wrong size by +2 and hope they were right. But trust me it's the truth!

greetings,

Also, in my opinion the 0005's are easily 2 waist sizes oversized so your true waist might be closer to a 31. My W30 0005's fit me so loose I need a belt to hold them up and I'm in between a size 32 and a size 33.. So keep that in mind when buying the No. 1 denim.

Also, in my opinion the 0005's are easily 2 waist sizes oversized so your true waist might be closer to a 31. My W30 0005's fit me so loose I need a belt to hold them up and I'm in between a size 32 and a size 33.. So keep that in mind when buying the No. 1 denim.

As if the poor guy didnt have enough to think about already! Lol