Evisu is still loved!

benzak

You know, there's nothing about those jeans that I think is anything special?

That 2000 model is basically a slightly heavier version but without a red tab. Would you settle for a pair of jeans that didn't have the tab and gave you extra sweaty bollocks on a warm day? I'm not even sure why people who live in less than borderline Arctic conditions would want to wear jeans heavier than 14.5oz unless they're riding bikes in them...

Totally agree Crash- even the handpainted gulls don't look great. I do wonder who is calling the shots there- it's not hard to come up with a way of getting Evisu back into reputable territory, especially if they are turning up to Bread&Butter in Berlin etc. If Evisu Intl want to introduce Private Stock, make it comparable to the Japan version, but even then- I'd rather have the red tab and prestige of not available outside Japan. P.S. still got the jackets you sold me- no chance of any of your 32 waist stash given your fitness drive I suppose?!

Totally agree Crash- even the handpainted gulls don't look great. I do wonder who is calling the shots there- it's not hard to come up with a way of getting Evisu back into reputable territory, especially if they are turning up to Bread&Butter in Berlin etc. If Evisu Intl want to introduce Private Stock, make it comparable to the Japan version, but even then- I'd rather have the red tab and prestige of not available outside Japan. P.S. still got the jackets you sold me- no chance of any of your 32 waist stash given your fitness drive I suppose?!

Undecided on the Lot 2101s, the Leepros. Going to get around to getting the 2504s hemmed (any recommendations, by the way) and then decide from there.

My 2000s are still going strong but I don't think they'll last another five years. I did just treat myself to some Studio D'artisan duck pants when Superdenim knocked a third off recently but I'm still training my way into those... :D

Undecided on the Lot 2101s, the Leepros. Going to get around to getting the 2504s hemmed (any recommendations, by the way) and then decide from there.

My 2000s are still going strong but I don't think they'll last another five years. I did just treat myself to some Studio D'artisan duck pants when Superdenim knocked a third off recently but I'm still training my way into those... :D

Son of a Stag for hemming as they have repaired my 3 year old No1 2000s before. Still breaking in my 2001 No2's - really liking the 2001 cut at mo, especially picking up some Evis versions (1 washed out, 1 one washed) on eBay for cheap recently. Keep me posted on both if you need wardrobe space :-) Edited by EdwardBear

Apparently they're for the older denimhead Ben. Once you reach 40, you start feeling the cold you know! ;)

Pffft, I'll have to let you know. I'll be running rings around you pesky kids at the rate I'm going this year :P

Not so sure about 'kid' in my case, unfortunately I know this through bitter experience!

Thanks Ben, yeah real happy with the lot 00's. Its pretty cold down here so they are perfect at the moment. i'll put them away again in summer and bring them back out again when it gets cooler. They are just at the stage right now where they are starting to develop their own character. Another year and they will look amazing.

Mate whats going on with the ashe's? Your boys must have smashed the poor old aussie's, its all doom and gloom listening to the radio.. heads are rolling.

^Ha, just checked and it's the same temp here at 7am on a later summer's day as it is over your way on a late winter's day!

British sport's been on a bit of a roll since the Olympics, tbf. Of course, if the Scottish people vote 'yes' in their independence referendum next year then things might change on a very fundamental level.

If they do, start keeping anything you have with the Union Jack on as it'll soon have retro status!

still quite the active forum.. great to see. selling some rare evisu items including 2 pairs of the hank dyed deluxe on ebay. as much as they are robbery these days. other denim and items to come. take a peek people! don't be shy. buy buy buy!

seen we where just speaking about these here so figure I would throw it out there.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ghost_deini/m.html?item=290961481073&ViewItem=&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Yes, I bought a pair of 2000#2 last year and it was the same red-line denim as my No.1's. Just for reference I bought a new pair of 2000#1 recently, its still red-line but it was different to mine which I bought last year, seemed a tighter weave with none of the vertical irregularities that mine have, plus I fell victim to sizing as these were 1" under tag size even though I'd sized up 3 again. Ebayed!   :angry:

Hoggy No.2 should be painless, again for reference sizing down felt a bit snug for me so personally I'd go tts on them.

On another note Lot 2011 No.1 is up on the web shop and a pair have been duly ordered  ;)