Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Trying to capture the texture from the weft on my 2000's, I either wash them nearly every week or just spin them in water to try and get the denim to crinkle like coleslaws but they aint having none of that :(

9639492092_f15342d518_c.jpg
Edited by Freezie

Hello all,

Does anyone have more info on the actual shrinkage/stretching of the Evisu Deluxe hank dyed 17oz denim?

The sheet says expect 1.5 to 2 inches in length, and 1 to 1.5 in the waist.

I have gone through this entire thread looking for solid input with no avail, although it is very possible that I overlooked it.

The info I found was either marvelous1200 or setone saying he soaked his but didn't get any shrinkage, but didn't mention if it was hot or cold water, or for how long.

From Tekrah70 aka TEKsevenZERO stating that his were difficult to button after a wash

And blm14 stating he cold soaked the the pair he had for sale to get the shrinkage out, but didn't mention if they shrank.

Can anyone add any clarity to this please?

There is a ton of useful info I this thread, regarding the other denims used, even the elusive #0!, so lets hear some about the hank dyed denim!

I cannot remember how much mine shrank but they did/do stretch out again, I have to say that I have never come across another denim like this though.

Despite being slubby & thick it also has a silky soft velvety quality to it.

I love them and will start to wear them again.

Just buy them and beat the crap out of them and wash when needed the more you love/abuse/love them the better they will be.

Get 'em & wear 'em !!! 

Enjoy

Would you kindly indulge a noob?

I recently bought a pair from a charity shop and was wondering about their vintage.

Definitely genuine (I've looked at the online authenticity guides). Made in Italy, not EU ed, red painted gulls, classic redline selvedge, 5 button fly, Cobra International rivets (including hidden ones). Inside label "Custom Made Evisu Ranch & Co".

Leather patch lot no.s etc are faded. I can just make out ...X35 or ...X39 which seems more like one half of a sizing. They're quite long anyway.

The denim is pretty heavy, hardly worn or faded, slightly hairy. Either way, not bad for a tenner!

Anyway I'm curious about what line of Evisu's denim they are, and how old they might be. Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know if the denim in the 'made in Italy' jeans was woven in Italy or imported from Japan or elsewhere?

Thanks for any help.

I recently bought a pair from a charity shop and was wondering about their vintage.

Definitely genuine (I've looked at the online authenticity guides). Made in Italy, not EU ed, red painted gulls, classic redline selvedge, 5 button fly, Cobra International rivets (including hidden ones). Inside label "Custom Made Evisu Ranch & Co".

Leather patch lot no.s etc are faded. I can just make out ...X35 or ...X39 which seems more like one half of a sizing. They're quite long anyway.

The denim is pretty heavy, hardly worn or faded, slightly hairy. Either way, not bad for a tenner!

Anyway I'm curious about what line of Evisu's denim they are, and how old they might be. Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know if the denim in the 'made in Italy' jeans was woven in Italy or imported from Japan or elsewhere?

Thanks for any help.

Any photos would help fella. There's alot of knowledgeable dudes on this thread who would benefit further from seeing the photos.

The info I found was either marvelous1200 or setone saying he soaked his but didn't get any shrinkage, but didn't mention if it was hot or cold water, or for how long.

Can anyone add any clarity to this please?

There is a ton of useful info I this thread, regarding the other denims used, even the elusive #0!, so lets hear some about the hank dyed denim!

I don't have links to some of my older posts (there was an upgrade to this forum about 2-3 years ago).

So I can't recall exactly what I wrote.

Anyways, I usually hot soak in very hot tap water (not boiling) for 1-2 hours.

Currently after some wear it measures about 33.5 - Originally tagged 32.

I have also machined wash mine at 30 C, once.

I cannot remember how much mine shrank but they did/do stretch out again, I have to say that I have never come across another denim like this though.

Despite being slubby & thick it also has a silky soft velvety quality to it.

I love them and will start to wear them again.

Just buy them and beat the crap out of them and wash when needed the more you love/abuse/love them the better they will be.

Get 'em & wear 'em !!! 

Enjoy

Yes I agree the denim seems super soft even before a wash. I can only imagine what they will feel like after being worn in a while!

I don't have links to some of my older posts (there was an upgrade to this forum about 2-3 years ago).

So I can't recall exactly what I wrote.

Anyways, I usually hot soak in very hot tap water (not boiling) for 1-2 hours.

Currently after some wear it measures about 33.5 - Originally tagged 32.

I have also machined wash mine at 30 C, once.

So about 1.5 over tagged after a little wear. They are about an inch over tagged new pre soak, so they will stretch a little more than that after some wear. Got it.

Your soak seems about the most practical method IMO.

Any chance of a length and or knee measurement from either of you, please ?

Thanks for your responses!

hautbois, on 03 Sept 2013 - 9:30 PM, said:snapback.png

Thanks for any help.

Any photos would help fella. There's alot of knowledgeable dudes on this thread who would benefit further from seeing the photos.

Some pix

one correction: the rivets are 'cobra original'

Early 90s probably. They wouldn't have been modelled on one of the classic Japanese cuts, or if they were then they never made reference to it.

(I think Lot 0001 was the first, and I'm not even convinced that they set out to recreate the 2501/2001 cut when they came up with it, more like came up with the link retrospectively, although this is just speculation on my part)

The Italian-made models started off with lot 'numbers' that were alphanumerical ('Z' and 'X' seem to crop up a lot) and their standard cut was indeed a loose one. What do the gulls look like? Some of the earlier models from this line have a very individual, almost symmetrical, style of gull both on jeans and jackets.

For what it's worth, I rate the denim on these models. Has a lovely hand to it.

Edited by CrashTestBrummie

Thanks both for the feedback - interesting.

The gulls look pretty standard; probably closest to the 2005 version shown here (toward the bottom)

http://blenderagency.blogspot.co.uk/2010_01_01_archive.html.

I'm afraid I've scratched them off - I found them just a bit OTT for my 42 year old hindquarters. I'm not very down with the kids any more. But a slight gull shadow remains for anyone with a keen eye.

I agree about the denim - it has a decent sort of heft to it. It's certainly heavier than my only other pair of aficionado jeans, which are Uniqlo 14oz Kaihara selvedge.

Dates etc - this link says that Evisu's Italian tie-up started in 1997, but I've no idea if this is a reliable source.  http://www.japanesestreets.com/fashion-brands/356/evisu

I did a bit of googleage on Italian mills making selvedge denim - there's Candiani...not sure about any others. So it's possible they made their own, or imported from Kurabo, Kaihara or whoever.

Anyway, it's all good. I never expected to become a little bit nerdy about jeans but it's kind of fascinating.

Any chance of a length and or knee measurement from either of you, please ?

W32 Deluxe

Front Rise = 13

Back Rise = 15.5

Upper Thighs = 12.5

Knee = 10/10.5

They fit me loose/baggy in comparison to my #2000, which has stretched abit

W.33#2000 No.1

Front Rise = 11.5

Back Rise = 14

Upper Thighs = 12

Knee = 8.5/9

W32 Deluxe

Front Rise = 13

Back Rise = 15.5

Upper Thighs = 12.5

Knee = 10/10.5

They fit me loose/baggy in comparison to my #2000, which has stretched abit

W.33#2000 No.1

Front Rise = 11.5

Back Rise = 14

Upper Thighs = 12

Knee = 8.5/9

Thanks! It doesn't look like there is much if any shrinkage in them at all.

Here are raw measurements from a tagged 36, should anyone want to reference them

Evisu Deluxe Hank Dyed 17oz. Tagged 36

Waist = 18.5 " / 37 "

Front Rise = 13"

Back Rise = 16.5 "

Thigh = 13.5 " (Measured from crotch seam to edge of hip)

Knee = 10.75 " (Measured from crotch seam to 13" down inseam)

Hem = 8.5"

Inseam = 35"

also, another cut I haven't seen measurements for in this thread, just to contribute

Evisu Lot 0101 Size 36 Cloth tag in color/colorized (from 2000 or so if I remember correctly)

Waist = 18 " / 36"

Front Rise = 12.5 "

Back Rise = 16.5

Thigh = 14.25 " (Measured from crotch seam to edge of hip)

Knee = 11.75 " (Measured from crotch seam to 13" down inseam)

Hem = 9.75 "

Inseam = 36"

hey guys,

ive been lurking around the blog for a couple of years never quite understood how to attach pics sooo therefore there have never been any posted.

anyway i have dropped a lot of weight and am still in progress but wanted to know whether anyone here can suggest a denim shop or service where i can send my jeans to get them tightened up? i have a couple of size 40s and 38s that i am looking to get sorted. any ideas will be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...