Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Finally got around to getting the Lot 2504XX Natural Specials hemmed by the good folk at Ironheart. Took them down to a 34" inseam as still not convinced all the shrinkage is done with these despite my best efforts.

It felt very odd wearing a full-leg cut after so long, but it's nice to have some decent options now with the chunkier boots in my collection. Today was Tricker's day...

Pics, as last time, courtesy of the changing rooms of TK Maxx:

lmro.jpg

And kinda wish I'd picked this up now, a nice, chunky, made-in-England Common People jumper:

jcxy.jpg

Edited by CrashTestBrummie

Fit looks great crash. Looks nice and slim below the knee which I like. Doesn't look too full on you I don't think just right I recon. I always thought the 2504 was "more comfortable" up top but it doesn't look this way on you at all which is great.

Is it slimmer up top than the 2501?

Fit looks great crash. Looks nice and slim below the knee which I like. Doesn't look too full on you I don't think just right I recon. I always thought the 2504 was "more comfortable" up top but it doesn't look this way on you at all which is great.

Is it slimmer up top than the 2501?

Difficult to compare because the shrinkage wasn't nearly as much as what I was originally expecting which is a good thing for my waist due to the rise on these. It's also meant that they're a lot more roomy than my normal jeans and there's much more of a leg opening.

The 2504 is the same silhouette as the 2501 and 2001 anyway.

That's interesting to know. I recently got some 2501xx that I've been thinking of wearing after 2005 however they feel so roomy and although they may not look baggy they feel it in comparison that kind of puts me off. That said still awesome lol

That's interesting to know. I recently got some 2501xx that I've been thinking of wearing after 2005 however they feel so roomy and although they may not look baggy they feel it in comparison that kind of puts me off. That said still awesome lol

Sounds like your perspective is the same as mine. They actually look fine in the pics above, but it was the bigger leg opening that really made me stop and think. To be fair, I've got a lot of chunky boots that haven't had too much wear because they looked silly with my 0005s then 2000s then LVC 606s so it's nice to start giving them an airing.

The denim is amazing...

Pretty much exactly the same as me with the leg opening. I haven't got any chunky boots at the moment they are on my list of things to obtain in the near future. I agree these cuts will go better with bigger boots etc after all they are chunkier work wear cuts tbh.

That said the 2011 cut looks nice and slim below the knee I may try that.

Edited by dant87

• 2 weeks later...

Had something in the post this morning for my growing collection.

E9CA540B-C7C6-4573-80F1-AD6A48890970-356

1E7DF27F-5DE6-4759-855F-61C9B81A2D70-356

Anyone have any info on what the tab reads?

It reads suuuuhkmeeee  by few in a city ruined by all of you , in part .. This label is encoded so anywhere wearer of said item lurks off to he will be spotted as a sellout to his family and a traitor in any country including the one said item previously aforementioned was manufactured and you will grow up to be nothing but a pizza boy dirty rookie cop type but without a girlfriend even on sufu bs'n.

Nah idek wtf it says somethin like that though I'm sure Im so so sure 

EDIT: Why are rep now simply plus or regressive issue , type reps.. What happened to adding a decent comment along with it akin to good 'ol office envir type watercooler talk

Edited by __3xL

Happy Birthday to Yamane-san today! 54 years young...I need to goto Japan and get hand painted gulls from him (calling out Eddie LOL)

Damn straight Ed is one lucky fucker right now.

shameless plug here:

evisu lot 2000 no.1 denim jeans - size 31

worn about 5-10 times, soaked twice.

black hand paint gulls from evisu japan, red tab. almost no wear on jeans.

asking for only $150 shipped

measurements:

w - 14.5", 15" aligned waistband

fr - 10.75" q

t - 12"

k - 8.75"

lo - 7.75"

inseam - 29.5"

Samaurais have been worn over 5 years and going strong. Evisus are sturdy, albeit a bit thinner but fade quicker. Just started consistently wearing my flatheads but I tend to go back to the Samauris out of habit and comfort. Evisus fit was a bit more relaxed as well (#2)

Been wearing scrubs the last 4 years so my rotation doesn't get as much wear anymore. My two favorites.:

1) samurai 0500 have had them for about 6 years

da2f6960_image.jpeg

864c435f_image.jpeg

2) MIJ Evisu I think #2 but I'm not sure of that or the lot since the tag has faded over time the 5+ years I've had them

f5866159_image.jpeg

cc2691c6_image.jpeg

Hi all, I recently bought a pair of 90's selvedge Evis jeans from ebay. The guy I bought then from said they came to him along with some other used designer clothes as his boss didn't wear them any more in the late 90's.

I've spent ages trying to trace the odd back pocket design but i'm having no luck...does anyone have any info on the model?

Any help would be great,
thanks
Dob

20140112_103035.jpg

20140112_103027.jpg

20140112_102832.jpg

20140112_103000.jpg

upside down and back to fron evis tab

20140112_102858.jpg

20140112_102934.jpg

Awesome, thanks for getting back to me guys :) 

off to search for those 2 posts/threads

I came across the (mizuhiki) knot design a few times on google images, but on closer inspection the fragments of stitching left on mine didn't match.

Looking forward to seeing a brand new pair!