Evisu is still loved!

benzak

On 6/19/2024 at 3:50 AM, lee porter said:

Yes I have a old evisus no1 new yaman labour and yaman industry and it’s all the same denim will take photos and post when I get time 

do you think the no.0 denim is worth getting from them? i have only had the chance to wear the no.1 denim from evisu and i like it a lot. i am not sure if i should get it again or get the no.0 denim

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2024 at 7:39 PM, mousemouse said:

do you think the no.0 denim is worth getting from them? i have only had the chance to wear the no.1 denim from evisu and i like it a lot. i am not sure if i should get it again or get the no.0 denim

The most recent batch was ‘No 0 Pineapple’, which has pineapple fibers mixed in the cotton. The site said 3% shrinkage, which looks like it’s sanforized, even moreso than No 2 denim. It was available on the .jp site for a while before the site changed to the ‘international’ brand.

Edited by Muck Dynasty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, chicote said:

Too faded?! Those are perfect! But there is definitely a tipping point around that area for everyone. Great job with those!

thanks! I'm wearing the exact same cut jeans as these but made by yamane industries and in no.0 denim. In 16 months i should have comparison photos lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2024 at 9:37 AM, Alec Leamas said:

@Signet I like the look of the No 1 classic straight would love to have a look at a size chart!

These have been in and out of my mind along with other pairs that catch my gaze, so I finally looked around for the sizing out of curiousity. The YAMANE website has a pretty detailed size chart. https://yamane.industries/products/lot-1991-no-1-classic-straight-fit-jeans-washed

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I’m surprised they made denim as heavy as 18oz (especially on a 30s cut) back in 1995. I thought heavier weight denim was a more recent, 21st century phenomenon.

yeah i know what you mean,but i think Yamane used to make some one offs or limited runs back then.

On 10/3/2024 at 11:23 PM, yung_flynn said:

These have been in and out of my mind along with other pairs that catch my gaze, so I finally looked around for the sizing out of curiousity. The YAMANE website has a pretty detailed size chart. https://yamane.industries/products/lot-1991-no-1-classic-straight-fit-jeans-washed

I missed this! Someone else actually linked me to their site as well in the end.

I do love the look of these, the thing that put me off from grabbing some (I was virtually there!) was the shipping cost. If I was more in the market for a pair at this point it would need to be via proxy, which wouldn't probably end up much less to be fair.

19 hours ago, Alec Leamas said:

I missed this! Someone else actually linked me to their site as well in the end.

I do love the look of these, the thing that put me off from grabbing some (I was virtually there!) was the shipping cost. If I was more in the market for a pair at this point it would need to be via proxy, which wouldn't probably end up much less to be fair.

Looking at it again, that size chart is pretty strange too. My 31” waist would need a size 35. Inseam is too short for me anyway