Evisu is still loved!

benzak

ohh no rumor has it ( straight from M.T. former assistant of yamane san now owns the company FC ) company  evisu japan the 3billion yen , but! all denim  and suppliers will be retained  because akihiko the son of yamane will still be creative director of the company.  the denim will not change i think .. but watch out for price increase and a more mellow designs to follow . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2023 at 3:26 PM, Signet said:

ohh no rumor has it ( straight from M.T. former assistant of yamane san now owns the company FC ) company  evisu japan the 3billion yen , but! all denim  and suppliers will be retained  because akihiko the son of yamane will still be creative director of the company.  the denim will not change i think .. but watch out for price increase and a more mellow designs to follow . 

Wasn't Akihiko already in charge since 2021? And the prices for Evisu jeans went already up over the last years to nearly 40.000 Yen for the No.1 models.
You know more about when and if they will become available again?

The directly managed shops have all closed, so I have heard.

Stock at the Tokyo shop was pretty bad back in July , couldn't get my size in 2001/2000 no.1 or no.2 . Last time I was there the shelves were packed but this time there was random stacks of jeans here and there , honestly looked like they were selling off remaining stock before closing 

• 2 weeks later...

I visited 2 out of the 3 remaining Evisu shops In July. Daikanyama (Tokyo) store had a lot of light weight and light coloured jeans some were like chambray. No decent sizes In anything else.

The Chinese tourists are buying everything, the stores are having to wait quite a while for more stock.

The Shinsaibashi (Osaka) shop Is tiny now, I was so lucky that I actually got what I wanted, the 16oz no.1 Special Gatagata with tiger selvedge. Interestingly, they are sans red tab, when I mentioned It the old Levis Issue was brought up, are Evisu dropping the tab, or do I have a sample pair. I don't know but they are great pair of jeans.

What I can say Is that getting Evisu In the models and sizes that you want Is pure luck.

• 2 months later...

That's what I had heard.
The No.1 denim is more difficult to find and pricier, I found.

So these are:
waist- 42cm (I just gave them a wash, so they'll probably stretch a bit again)
front rise- 32cm
back rise- 40cm
thigh- ca. 34cm
hem- 22.5 cm
inseam- 83cm

Overall very good condition.

• 2 months later...

Looks like Yamane Japanese Denims is the new Evisu- Clutch Cafe in London hosting a pop up event tonight, and product includes Labor 7000 jeans (essentially the original Evis 2001). Already sold out in some sizes though! Glad that I’ve kept hold of some vintage Evis and Evisu- best I bust out the deadstock No.2 2004s in homage! 

image.jpg

I would really like to get another pair of 2001s. My friend brought me a pair back from Japan around 2013, but they're just a bit too small for how I prefer my jeans to fit these days. But that cut is so unique with its excessive hip flare and enormous back pockets yet somehow maintaining a proportional balance that still fits well. I actually really enjoyed the No. 2 denim. It was soft and washed well for a sanforized product. I would take any standard indigo denim I can find in my size, the right condition (lightly worn is fine) and at the right price. I'll have to try out Yahoo JP auctions. I've never ventured there out of concern for my wallet.

1 hour ago, Jared_Lee said:

I'll have to try out Yahoo JP auctions. I've never ventured there out of concern for my wallet.

When I bought mine on YahooAuctions a few months ago there were quite a number of hardly worn pants on offer. Many between US$80 and 140.

@Jared_Lee My first choice was also the lot 2001. I have an unworn pair of no.1 2001s which are size 38. The waist is 34 or 35 raw but the all its other measurements is for a 38 so it looks comically big when worn. With the lot 2000 pair I am wearing the measurements was a lot closer to the ones Evisu JP indicated.

Can any Evisu heads help me please? I'm looking at a raw  no 1. 2001 w 42. The Rise is shown as 42 cm. Would this be the front or back rise. Any ideas ? 

Edited by Thor
Clarify

image.thumb.jpg.d3ddc5b9a26ba5c508f437aada386e1d.jpgPicked these up on eBay- thought they were Lot2000 but they are actually Lot9000 which I’ve not heard of before despite my geekery. Any experts got any info? They measure 32 in waist despite 35 tag, so I’m assuming they are a No.1 Tiger selvedge, and coin pocket is non selvedge. Roping on hem is lovely, and because they measure 30 in leg means a small single cuff for my height. 

IMG_0619.jpeg

IMG_0620.jpeg

IMG_0621.jpeg

IMG_0622.jpeg

IMG_0623.jpeg

IMG_0624.jpeg

IMG_0625.jpeg

Edited by EdwardBear
Blank photo

11 hours ago, EdwardBear said:

Picked these up on eBay- thought they were Lot2000 but they are actually Lot9000 which I’ve not heard of before despite my geekery. Any experts got any info? They measure 32 in waist despite 35 tag, so I’m assuming they are a No.1 Tiger selvedge, and coin pocket is non selvedge. Roping on hem is lovely, and because they measure 30 in leg means a small single cuff for my height. 

Waist must have measured 34” raw…

8 hours ago, lee porter said:

Wow they are nice 

Definitely Lot2000 low rise compared to 2001, but great hand painted arcs and in such good condition. Evisu.jp is now gone so it’s good to pick up originals (even the wife approved and knows the difference of original Yamane!)

• 2 weeks later...

Another lucky pick up of early ‘little e’ 2001s in amazing condition- barely worn. Gulls already deteriorating probably due to age and perhaps less robust paint than they used in later years. Lovely slimline tiger selvedge too.7B50B3A4-0F4E-4FB3-A3A5-B468466D96DC.thumb.jpeg.44d5ad9886ab48ebfdc2823201024887.jpegIMG_0677.thumb.jpeg.4bea43a0aed8bc3d4a36e616be7b5b07.jpegIMG_0683.thumb.jpeg.058ede47fa902e1060bc1c96540b1357.jpeg