denime xx type & 66xx type 2 year contest

edmond

i got a authentic #13 mike ballack DFB home jersey from the WC qualifiers. i'll be sure to rock it tues for all my duetscher bund homies. muller ( the future of german football) has been wearing the # 13 since the kp boateng foul that put ballack off of the pitch. but it seems bastian and ozil have the midfield rejuvenated and refreshed. but how will they fare against xavi and iniesta? we'll see...

Since the existing Take 5 forum will be abandoned, in this connection, please do not post any photos in the Take 5 forum now with immediate effect.

At the same time, we are working on a new forum.

1. We will open new accounts for all the contestants. We will send you the user ID (same old one) and password through e-mail later.

2. We will move the old photos (not the words) from old forum to new forum.

Sorry for causing you inconvenience.

Gardenerfan

another unexpected run in with salaami & his denime's a little while ago...

i have a bad habit of just showing up unannounced at lendo's crib sometimes when i'm in the hood. although i must apologize for the quality of the trees. i had just picked up from the projects down the street. the weed-chick just kicked her boyfriend out so she lost the connect for the good shit. i repaired the big-ass hole on the right upper-thigh with a peice of 1000xx WH denim. i used the weft-side facing out like i always do when patching an area that is already faded to the white. it visually blends in better color wise. i really need to do something about this hole that my wallet is eating through the back pocket. i'll get around to it within a month or so. the sooner it becomes an annoyance the faster it'll get fixed...

amar, your shits are looking dope, very nice fade progression, and i always love crinkly denim. i've noticed that my pairs denim isn't as crinkly as some of you other contestants. about the red tab, if the wear the jeans actively long enough the tab will become folded back onto itself, and no one who is willing to stoop down or bend over to read or kiss your ass will be able to find out what kind of uber-expensive japanese master-crafted vintage loomed hand-sewn mega-denims you have on. a shame isn't it, but don't go out to procure the anti-depressants just yet, for rest assured it will tear, tatter, and die a slow but beautiful death. mine has been long gone months ago. only tiny red sliver is left.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm at 9 months now, so soon i'll post some updates. the back of the legs are starting to fade in nicely now. after 2 weeks of sweat buildup working in a hotbox these are now in the dryer after a nice hand wash(chandrika soap). i'm heading home now to repair the other gaping hole on the right thigh.

UPDATE: well, i didn't repair that hole, but i did snap some pics to pump some life into this thread... here are the jeans in light from the sun behind thin clouds. perfect lighting imho. jeans look just like this irl...

52508776.jpg

this is for flash, my generous benefactor. this is82899096.jpg[ some of the vintage evis denim he sent a while back. it is just starting to break. it is the softest japanese selvage denim i've ever rubbed with my own fingers. and it fades slow. the sample shown here has taken a beating over the past 3-4 months in a high-abuse area. here's the rear view, similar lighting conditions. a pic is worth 1000 words, but somehow i use 1000 words to describe the pics!

97793456.jpg

ropes:

35874969.jpg

now, the other side of the roping...

34983857.jpg

for some reason i cant upload some of these pics, but here's one of the back pocket. there's a much bigger hole above this one(patched last week with black FC denim) i'll fix this hole one day.

41711565.jpg

traintracks. here are the cortez not shown in today's WAYWT:

43096069.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

nice evo, salaami. do you think you can go through the whole 2 years with them?

i hope so see some more pics from all the other contestants soon,as we are nearing the end of the first year. GUYS, what´s up? where´s your motivation gone?

i, for my part, am waiting for my new camera to arrive at the weekend, and will post pics sooner or later.

nice evo, salaami. do you think you can go through the whole 2 years with them?

i hope so see some more pics from all the other contestants soon,as we are nearing the end of the first year. GUYS, what´s up? where´s your motivation gone?

i, for my part, am waiting for my new camera to arrive at the weekend, and will post pics sooner or later.

Yup, salaami those jeans do look great but will most likely not make the 2 years, not with those repairs!

I really haven't worn my denimes that much during july, too damn hot.

Salaam! mus spread rep boss! I gots to see those in person man!!! must plan trip to RVA! Atzec- I'm back to wearin my D's full time. even in this swamp ass durty VA heat been goin strong. like my man Salaam said, we're gonna cover this from both angles- he's goin for the vintage, i'm goin for the contrast. when is T5 gonna get the new contest page up? i wanna start posting to that page as well. as for pic's. . . i'll get some up in the near future. possible vid to come too!!!!