denime xx type & 66xx type 2 year contest

edmond

thanks guys, i'm now taking this as a personal challenge to keep the jeans going the full 2 years using only my hand repairs if possible. i had to use synthetic thread last night to fix both front pocket bags, there isn't enough fabric to pull up to the pocket opening and stitch it( and it would fuck up the fit), so i just sewed the pocket back to the denim wherever it matched up. makes for a much better repair. so now the tops of the pockets are a bit frayed(well, more than a bit) but the pocket remains fully functional. i used hoe's hair weave thread in dark brown. looks black. all of the major seams are yet undamaged( backseam, yoke, inseams, crotch) so they will last longer than most would think. its funny how everyone complains about the cotton thread, but i've worn mine harder than anyone and the thread is less of an 'issue' than wearing holes in the denim. but i tend to do less and less hard work lately so that will make them last longer as well.

you're a fucking beast atzec, you mofos are starting to scare me...i just fixed that other hole since it was getting noticably bigger daily. i just used the black fullcount denim, i wanted to use the vintage wrangler denim supplied by our resident madman professor almostnice, but i lost it and dammit as soon as i finished i found the shit. so the next patch when needed will be with the wrangler broken twill denim. i've switched to an 'every 2 weeks' wash regimen lately since i really prefer the fit once they've stretched out, especially in this heat. so i guess i'm at like 30 or so washes now.

you don't scare me mr. almostnice, not one bit...

cross post from denime thread:

since almost nobody was feeling the last update, i decided to snap a few more pics, this time the jeans are being modeled by an annonymous young lady. imho jeans pics look better with the jeans worn on someone's body, it seems to give a deeper perspective of the fades in a 3-D kind of way. enjoy...i was going to patch this little hole in the denim near the crotch, but i just sewed around the hole to keep it from growing. i figured i needed a vapor-vent near my nuts to keep my swimmers happy...

46806210.jpg

99027213.jpg

vapor-vent:

66836424.jpg

backseam reinforcement done this week. it's a lot stronger than it looks

96617772.jpg

right upper thigh. as you can see it's gotten the business. this is why i'm doing less and less hard labor in these, but yet still giving them regular 14 hour per, 7 day a week wear. so they will still develop despite less dramatic abuse. top patch is 100xx WH denim, bottom is black fullcount, both flipped to weft side to appear less jarring to the eye. on the rear pocket patch i left the warp side out since it will fade soon enough to a nice grey eventually...but it looks raw right now. you can see my handmade key thingy at the top left corner. you can only see a bit, but it was fleshy pink raw leather color only a few months ago. now it's very dark brown. i'll take a good pic of it later.

31419063.jpg

bye bye red tab. i love t5 for selling my my first pair of MiJ jawns with a tab

40921351.jpg

no combs:

39817798.jpg

frontal

43120148.jpg

trust me, this is NOT my ass...my model complained that these jeans must be made for someone without any booty....yeah, ME! shut up edmond...

66543144.jpg

31419063.jpg