What Are You Wearing Today (Denim Version)

inquire

^ Question.

What is more manly: dressing like you do something manly (soldier-boy clothing), or actually doing something manly (cutting a big piece of metal with a smaller piece of metal that's really sharp and moves really fast)?

Not exactly sure which of the two above options is more manly, but I'd think that anything truly manly would involve bacon. I imagine waking up early to chop some wood out back of your cabin in your shirt sleeves; stepping in for a breakfast of strong coffee, bacon, pork sausage -- in both patty and link form, corned beef hash, rye toast, three pancakes with plenty of syrup, three eggs sunny side up, and baked beans; all before an afternoon of fishing with whiskey & beer. Oh right, while wearing a pair of jeans.

That sort of sums of what I have for breakfast, on average.

Said question needs to be changed to masculine, rather than manly.

Not too many people in Superdenim are masculine enough to do manly things, or even be considered men. Don't need to point them out, but you can figure it out on your own. AND IF YOU CAN'T YOUS ONE OF EM

It's like this thing floating around...

http://needsmorederp.tumblr.com/post/3427117169

Who the hell is the fairy on the right, to even be considered manly nowadays???

In short: A lot of fellas today are fetus to me.

so basically manliness involves going into a food related coma inbetween breakfast and lunch?

The short answer: yes. Well, and I suppose it has something to do with all that new-age PC shit too, like actually caring about stuff and comporting oneself responsibly. But more so one's willingness to eat bacon. Oh, and an avocado goes wonderfully with breakfast as well.

Going to completely state the fucking obvious here but whatever the answer is, it would never involve posting about it on the internet. Also I am willing to bet large sums of money that whoever put that blog up that Stuntastic posted looks way more like the guy on the right than vintage Sean Connery.

^love that apartment!

at Aletsch Glacier in Switzerland 2333m.

Carhartt

Penfield

IH 634S

Red Wing

5468888103_5760692b82_b.jpg

Fucking awesome, and best way to conclude the "manly"/"masculine" discussion. Definitely, DEFINITELY on the manly spectrum right there.

Also, for clarity, my post was comparing almostnice to myself - no comment on laxlife. Though WAYWT while actually playing "lax" would fit the bill nicely.

^ so... why are you posting in "Denim Version"

And I quote from the inaugural post in this thread:

I know everyone loves the WAYWT thread, but I don't want to see all the pretty boys/girls in their chinos, stockings, suits, shorts etc.

Yes, it's my own personal soapbox of the moment.

Anyway.

Holy crap that near-boiling, agitated soak shrunk these suckers like whoa!

IMG_0834.jpg

American Optical

kitenge

zissou

ROYxCone

Mount's Bay

IMG_0838.jpg

Lost 1.5ish inches in the waist, and the fit is considerably slimmed down. Didn't measure the inseam but based on the cuffs I'm guessing I lost about 1.5-2 inches. Stoked!

Just back from Tromso and Svalbard..in the Norwegian Arctic. 80 degrees North.

Took my Indigoskins and wore them under snow suits for dog sledding and and a skimobile trip over the Longyearbyen glacier. It is still Polar Night there with the sun below the horizon giving the most amazing blue light at this time of year. Even had a Northern lights display after the solar activity of late.

You cant wear your jeans much harder than this and the minus 43 degrees on the glacier has certainly freshened these babies up as they approach their 5th month of wear. Forgive the extra pics but they place is just breath-taking and wanted to share IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

• sufu1 unpinned this topic