What Are You Wearing Today (Denim Version)

inquire

I thought you guys might be interested in this discussion (from "worst")...

I think that people are often introduced to Supertalk via the denim forum - I know I was. After absorbing much of what was on offer there, people would venture out into other areas of the site - the old "I came for the denim and stayed for the Trash" thing. People would begin with posting their denim fits in the WAYWT but their looks would be refined and evolve over time because they were being developed alongside others coming from different perspectives.

I think that the introduction of the Denim WAYWT thread, along with ones such as "What Are You Jeans Doing Today", have resulted in a stronger community amongst the denim enthusiasts, but a community that tends to not be as critical of its own. People's fits are not subject to the kind of scrutiny they would by those with other perspectives and so they grow in confidence and eventually post in the main WAYWTs at which point they are either ignored and believe what they are being told within their own community, or they are surprised when taken to task for their fits.

One possible solution would be the merging of all WAYWT threads into one super thread in which everyone posts and is able to comment. Of course all three WAYWTs are in the top ten most viewed threads so I don't see that happening but I would be interested in people's thoughts on the matter.

I thought you guys might be interested in this discussion (from "worst")...

Theres some fairness in what is said there, but from my experience of the rest of this forum, and other fashion forums, I just think that the majority of the people that post here on Superdenim are genuinely nicer people. Everyone seems willing to help each other out here with advice and pick ups, and it's just easy to have a go at Superdenim because the level of criticism for criticisms sake isn't as high here.

• sufu1 unpinned this topic