Eternal Jeans

minya

I finally saw some Eternals in person a couple weeks at the local repair shop, very nicely worn in and beat up.

Holding off on any denim purchases for the time being, but I plan on a pair at some point. I love how dark the denim is.

I've soaked my one-wash 883's for like 2 hours a couple of times SuperJackle and experienced little to no shrinkage in the waist and top block.

Maybe an inch of shrinkage on the inseam at most.

Hope that helps.  B)

Flat Head and Eternal aren't exactly the same but they are very similar because IIRC they're made by the same mill... similar texture, contrast, vertical fading, but the faded color of Eternal is a bit more steely-looking, whereas Flat Head has more of a bright blue fade.  Eternal's also dipped a few more times than Flat Head which makes Eternal a slower fader in most cases.

Flat Head and Eternal aren't exactly the same but they are very similar because IIRC they're made by the same mill... similar texture, contrast, vertical fading, but the faded color of Eternal is a bit more steely-looking, whereas Flat Head has more of a bright blue fade.  Eternal's also dipped a few more times than Flat Head which makes Eternal a slower fader in most cases.

Yeah it seems to have more of a silvery color. Maybe it has to do with the core?

any idea where ed was coming from in the blunders thread re eternal denim (i.e. "That eternal jeans are just ordinary jeans Fabric is basic")?

if I had to name a brand that resembled flat heads fabric most it would probably be eternal, but I still think that flat heads look better and that those 8 year old jeans really aren't that spectacular when you consider that they're 8 fucking years old

AFAIK Eternal dips 30 times whereas TFH dips 24 times (?!, Kyle knows the exact number)

Yep, think that's right.

The 8 year-old pair from the last page looks nice but I can think of a lot more Eternals that I prefer over those.

Eternal and FH's fabric looks virtually identical new, the differences are only really noticeable after they've been worn a while.  

I love ah_long's jeans, they're one of the best-looking pairs I've ever seen.  Really shows the awesome results you can get when you wait a long time before the first wash but wash frequently after that.  

Looking at those jeans you can see how Eternal has more of an icy gray color to the faded areas, whereas Flat Head has a bright, almost turquoise blue fade.  The weaving process seems very similar between the two (I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same mill) but I think FH's dye is a bit different.

ah_long's pair....

This is the pair back during the contest that got me hooked on Eternal. After I saw his final submission photos I had to have a pair.

Thanks for re-posting!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone here have experience buying the non-washed 811 from japan ? What was the sizing like, are they true to size after shrinking ?

Secondly, they are 40/50% cheaper than flat heads (in japan) but seem comparable in quality and denim. Are they on par with flat head or does the price reflect a less quality jeans ?

Eternal is very comparable to fh. The lower price may reflect things like lack of details. Flat head has better rivets and buttons imo, and there are details in the construction which are better but that's probably about it. But I love the fit of my eternal 811s better than any fh fits

Seems like they are about 50-60$ cheaper than flat heads... from pics the eternals age well too, and flat heads are amazing. So just get whichever fits better... over the years you will enjoy the jeans the price difference is nothing.

• 3 weeks later...

X-Post WAYWT

picE9sXl.jpg

I actually bought the Eternal Patchwork denim suit. Really fun pieces, lightweight denim in a couple of different colors and shades. Pants are hemmed really short though - I'm not a tall guy at all and they are very short, even on me (as you can see in the picture). If you don't like this asthetic, don't buy them. They are really comfortable though. Perfect for summer or even with a pair of sneakers for an ultra casual look.