Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

I've been wearing my Cougars just about every day for two weeks now since they arrived. To break them in I did a couple treadmill workouts which helped to soften the material. I love the fit and the cut of these jeans but they may be taking a back seat to the Roy's i'll be getting in a few days.

I've been wearing my Cougars just about every day for two weeks now since they arrived. To break them in I did a couple treadmill workouts which helped to soften the material. I love the fit and the cut of these jeans but they may be taking a back seat to the Roy's i'll be getting in a few days.

Plan to order Cougars soon. Any fit pic? :)

i actually could have gone with a size down. my true waist size is a 34 but i got a 36 in ande's since on his site he said he measures the exact length not like some other brands that are marked 2" down from their actual measurement. I wish i had bought a 35 since the 36 stretched a little too much and these jeans don't look good if they sag :/ but a belt fixes that.

damn $33 to ship to the US

damn is right! That's a bummer. The free shipping always sweetened the deal a bit for me.

I remember when Ande wasn't selling selvage models yet and the prices were under $200. I completely understand that prices have gone up (so has the quality!), and I'm more than happy to pay those prices. He makes the best jeans, and I'm sure we all want Ande to be able to support himself. But when it comes time for me to order my next pair, I will sure miss that free shipping. Maybe by then that old rumor that SENY would sell Ande Whall's will come true and I won't have to worry about it!

I'm planning on getting Rakers. My true size is 32. should I size down to 31? How much shrinking will there be when i soak them?

Cheers!

I've never owned Rakers, but from what I've heard, you don't want to size down. Unless you are the skinniest person ever. I'm sure someone here can give you more detailed info, but from what I understand, most people find Rakers to be skinnier than they originally thought.

There will minimal shrinking (less than an inch) which will be negated by stretching after a day or two of wear.

Should I size up then?

I don't want to speak definitively since I've only owned Grifters and Slackers, but I would say just go true to size.

Sizing down would be skin tight, sizing up would possibly allow them to sag a bit (if thats your thing). If you're going for just a nice slim fit, just go TTS.

Anyone with more Raker experience care to elaborate?

Is there a reason why Ande Whall doesn't use chainstitching like other brands do?

he did for a while, not sure why he stopped. his rolled hems produce a similar effect, don't let something as simple as chainstitching stop you from buying a true artisan product. ande's about innovation as much as he is about a quality product. his seams and stitching are testament to that.

Im thinking of buying a pair of ande whalls but I have problems with the sizing. If I measure my true waist I get like 36 inches. On all of my other denim my waistsize is 32-33. I think its weird to order waistsize 36. Can someone give me some help please?