Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

love the really dark color of the denim and the texture. can't wait to see it in person.

Fiddy Would rep, but gotta spread. Those Cougars look good, as does the whole ensemble. I got the Grifters posted a couple pages back and must say that a Cougar sized down one from AW size (true waist) will be my next pair.

that's sort of what i went for only a half size down since i'm in between. should be getting them by next week.

Pretty well.

I realize the term sizing up one is a bit misleading.

For mid rise jeans like my s710s I measure my waist higher (my "TTS" 32).

For the grifters which have a lower rise and can be worn lower on the waist, I measured lower (my "TTS+1" 33).

^^^ how's the waistband fit?

freshdave i would say you dun good. i got thicker legs than you, so it looks like you coulda comfortably sized down one, no? still, tho, very nice to see more new grifter pplz and not a bad fit all around.

ps, moar updatez on the esquivels, son!!1

I never really paid attention to this thread or to ande whall jeans, but i went to the website and have to say I am very impressed with the jeans. The website is one of the best denim sites out there. Just very comprehensive. I like the cougar and miner cuts mostly, but I love the single needle construction of the jeans. That means there is some good time and effort put into them.

Anyways, it looked from the website that the jeans are currently only in a japanese denim, but it used to be some cone stuff or am I mistaken. Are there or will there be an unsanforized denim or are there multiple denim types to choose from.

Sorry for the ignorance, but my ass is lazy and I don't feel like going through the entire thread, when i am sure one of y'all ande whallers can straighten me out quick.

did you not follow his chart? going down 2-3 seems a bit extreme if you looked at the sizing chart, theyre not apc's and don't stretch too much

yea, i don't know. not 3, but maybe 2. i was really thorough about measuring, following his guide. maybe i didn't pull the tape tight enough on my waist but even if i do that, it's like 32.5. i could lightly tug the waistband and have 2 inches of space between my skin and the denim with the 33, at the same spot i measured. waiting to hear back from ande cause my brain is fried from a long day and i'm just confused now.

Rob, are those cougars?!..I hope they go in the sale section cuz I will def buy them! lol

yea, cougar. :/

yea, i don't know. not 3, but maybe 2. i was really thorough about measuring, following his guide. maybe i didn't pull the tape tight enough on my waist but even if i do that, it's like 32.5. i could lightly tug the waistband and have 2 inches of space between my skin and the denim with the 33, at the same spot i measured. waiting to hear back from ande cause my brain is fried from a long day and i'm just confused now.

yea, cougar. :/

my recent story is similar. went with 31 grifters as i measured myself at a pleaseant 31.5 where i like my jeans thinking they would be a little tight, stretch minimally ,etc. i get them and can pull atleast an inch of fabric at the waistline. they are grifters, tho, so because of the cut, even though the waistband is lose, they don't sag and the top block catches my hips somewhere.

been a good 6 months with my grifters, will go 6 more months before a wash. color is beginning to show that beautiful cone blueberry color.

can't wait. i am planning 6 mos - 1 yr no H2O contact (other than nap-time bed wetting and getting pushed into a hot tub full of nude supermodels).

hi guys.. Grifters.. about 1 year. 3 washes? or 4. never soaked. [pickcharrs]

cool username and very exciting results.

my recent story is similar. went with 31 grifters as i measured myself at a pleaseant 31.5 where i like my jeans thinking they would be a little tight, stretch minimally ,etc. i get them and can pull atleast an inch of fabric at the waistline. they are grifters, tho, so because of the cut, even though the waistband is lose, they don't sag and the top block catches my hips somewhere.

i was pretty much floating in the 33 top block with how crispy and stiff the denim is. i pulled the waistband at one side and pinched the excess really tight and it was a good 1.5-2", so since that's only half, i went down 3. don't really understand it but i guess it's nice to know i'm a 30 instead of a 33.