Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

aeglus, my pre-soak is almost identical, right now i have them cuffed because the stacking is sloppy. Still debating whether to do a hot soak, and then wear em while soaked or wait till they dry...

How was the shrinking overall?

I measured some, feel free to look at SE to compare with size 30: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=474

After one hot soak for 45 min and hang drying, inseam didn't really change. If I didn't hem them, it'd probably end up being half an inch, but as it is, they lost maybe .2 inches. For reference, I hemmed to 30.5" because I'm a short guy. So at least here you shouldn't worry too much as long as you hang dry (water weight pulls and stretches).

Leg opening originally was 7.8, went down to 7.5. Definitely looks a bit more clean from the knee down, should look even better in a couple weeks once it settles.

Waist shrunk but no idea how much, I think we all know by now to stretch that shit while it's still wet so that we can actually put our jeans back on.

Thigh shrank .1 inches. Actually probably more but I'm guessing it stretched back out to fit me.

Overall if I compare shrinkage to my 5010s, there isn't anything to worry about. On both, the shrinkage is very minor and can be stretched back out if needed. I think the best part of the soak is that it tightens the weave a bit, so the jeans get a bit stronger, and it gets rid of some starch, which means a lot less pain. I think it's a good idea to get rid of that starch anyways because my 5010s without a wash ended up nearly getting cracks in the combs. Too much starch can make the fabric become brittle. Anyways, if you don't soak, nothing really to worry about, and if you do, same. Depends on your preference and pain tolerance.

aeglus: I bought a 31 but my actual measurements differed from SE. Everything was almost dead on but the leg opening was 7.5 instead of 8.0, which i was happy about.

My real question is how do your combs compare to your 5010 without the soak, or how do you thinking they will compare to your 5010?

From just noticing pics posted it seems like there are a lot more tiny combs compared to a few large ones.

and i'm loving the pain especially in the thigh area

Pictures are worth more than words and I know 5507s aren't as numerous as the 5010s here, so I figure just for reference I'll show how things look different after the soak instead of a bunch of numbers that don't mean much to most of us. Differences are subtle but there's definitely a difference in overall fit. Denim feels like it came to life too, much more texture. About the cuffs, still messing around to see what works best.

Pre-soak | Post-soak

frontzpq.jpgfrontpost.jpg

sideyc.jpgsidepost.jpg

behind.jpgbackpost.jpg

Now just to wear the fuck out of these :)

I ve had my skulls for about 1.5 months (never soaked)

They have gotten somewhat softer from regular wear especially in the bottom legs area.

Will a cold soak stiffen them up like how they are brand new??

I just want the bottom stacking area to be more stiffer

They'll get stiffer after a soak because the weave will tighten, but it's going to just get soft again. If you want it to stick you'll have to starch it or something.

Aeglus, haven´t seen many 5507 fits but that´s the best so far. They look more slimmed down than others I´ve seen.

I love my 5010 which are coming along nicely but thinking of a new pair in the future. My 31w 5010 is a good snug fit so would you suggest same in 5507s? Like things slimmed down a bit but not tight tight.

Thanks for the feedback on the cuffs. Doing a beefy single cuff for now instead of that weaker one. For pretty much any other shoe I'll just stack em.

As for sizing, depends on the day and year but I'm 30.5 right now. It took me about a minute to put them on the first time. My 29 5010s took something like 10-15 (yeah I know, it was a big mistake but I was also a little more thin).

The top block is really similar to 5010s, so honestly if you have experience with 5010s I'd get the same size or else you're going to hurt even if the legs fit fine. The way I sized it, they're already very, very comfortable standing, sitting, kneeling, and squatting. If you have thin thighs I don't think this is your jean though.

And also yeah, I was afraid of buying these as a lot of fits never seemed right. Lots of chicken legs. Glad I took the risk though, it's basically like I found my grail as far as jeans go.

So I've had my 5010 one wash Skulls for about 2 1/2 years and after while I fucking hated them. Just wasn't my cup of tea at the time I guess. I think I washed or soaked them one time whichever one I did. I've now resurrected them and rocking them with a double cuff. These always have been stubborn to fade in my opinion. Maybe because they're one wash.

Anyhow, pix:

img1386.jpg img0502tt.jpg img1396do.jpg

So I've had my 5010 one wash Skulls for about 2 1/2 years and after while I fucking hated them. Just wasn't my cup of tea at the time I guess. I think I washed or soaked them one time whichever one I did. I've now resurrected them and rocking them with a double cuff. These always have been stubborn to fade in my opinion. Maybe because they're one wash.

my advice: hold on

this is my pair of one-wash 5010 after 14 months

f_Picture007m_67cc66e.jpg

f_Picture008m_b301aeb.jpg

ups just dropped off my first pair of skulls (i'm usually a FH dickrider). excited to start breaking them in..will post fit pics once i get them back from my tailor.

they're 5010xx raws

^^

Want to see how they will fit on you always like your flathhead fits

What size did you get ?? and how tall are you?

5'3-4 and i left the 37 inseam