Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Hi guys I need help!

I just ordered 5010xx 6x6 from selfedge. I'm debating if I should pre-soak the jeans. I want the jeans to shrink in terms of length and I really don't want my honeycombs to move northwards after I wash it 6months later. At the same time, I'm afraid that the pre-soak will soften the jeans. I'm a big fan of stiff and rigid jeans.

What should I do??

i think skulls shrink quite alot with a soak. they do for sanfo jeans. you could soak them for the first time, it wouldnt get all the starch out anyway, unless you kept changing the water and soaked them for aaggeess. i think the skulls are better afetr a soak imo. it brings the lovely denim to life, and if your worried about your combs not setting, they will set starched or not.

id probably do it longer than that, maybee 45 mins, it wont lose much starch because the starch will be in the water, soaking into the jeans, if you change the water and soak again that would lose the starch. i think a first soak 45 mins, warm water, if you want them to shrink a bit......thats what i would do anyway if they were raw. if they are one wash you wont get no shrinkage out of them, its all been done.

How to achieve high contrast fades like this?? ^^^

Patience, persistence and a strong nose.

photoshop?

Nope(0).

Yep, i think so... used colour saturation?

Nope(0).

he posted those before and they were super contrasty. I think the color is spot on considering seeing his last pictures.

Yes!! ^^^

Evolution from this

dsc0210kc.jpg

dsc0197x.jpg

5010XX about 10 months.

To this

Skull 5010XX ~1 year of wear

DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

look pretty normal with a wash sometime between those picture sets.

Great work Jun.