Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

I havent had any experience with the old 7x6 denim, the quality on my 5010xx 6x6 is really good.... no flaws whatsoever... i think it just depends on the batch.. afterall these are handmade... imperfection is beautiful!

I just started breaking in my Flathead 1001s. The lower thigh above the knee is slimmer than I expected. I know that the 16oz denim should stretch some but they feel painted on in that area. The reason why I mention this is because I have a pair of 5010s on the way and I am not sure if they will be the same slimness as the 1001s.

Does anyone have an opinion of the 5010s vs. the 5507s?

just got these delivered.. can only JUST get all buttons done up. with lots of thumb/finger pain. keep or go another size up? sorry for crap picture. iphone + no light.

Fit looks great man. It took me about 10 minutes to button up my Skulls first time, and they stretched out a lot. Sadly, not enough, but I was doing a lot of squats and deadlifts which fucked with things a bit. You should be fine after a month of pain though. Stick it out!

I've had these Skull 6010xx 6x6 in the closet brand new for two years (two years!), and I just brought them out today. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them, because the fit is completely unflattering, there's a gigantic camel toe pouch around my crotch.

Is this an unfortunate side effect of my big thighs or the fact that I sized down one (31->30)? Or will this settle? I've never had this problem with previous raws, so I'm not sure what to make of the extra fabric.

img4497w.jpg

For comparison, here is a pair of similarly sized jeans (ie too small) when I was trying to figure out what was wrong with the fit

img4500.jpg

there's a gigantic camel toe pouch around my crotch.

Is this an unfortunate side effect of my big thighs or the fact that I sized down one (31->30)? Or will this settle?

yes, it will settle. the fly is the thickest part of the jean--5 layers of fabric plus stitching, hardware, etc. especially in combination with the low-ish rise and big thighs if you have them, it stands out quite awkwardly at first. but wear them joints in and it will be fine.

aeglus; great fit! now i want a pair of 5507's as well :D

nicelynice, don't worry about it, as the jeans stretch with wear, the denim bulge will settle and disappear

cheers for the feedback everyone.

not breakin' em to the new year.. want to soak before but im worried ill stand no chance in getting them on!?

Do you mean because of waist or thighs? I had a tough time on my 5010s but I could do it, and technically I'm too big for those jeans anyways. Just try to get it stretched while it's still wet.

hey there

this is my first post here

i've been wearing skull 5010 6x6 raw since aug 28 09..

i'm from Indonesia

i'll post my fit pic next..

thanks...

Hope you get around to it, jeans worn in the tropics are the most amazing that I've seen.

My jeans just about finished drying. Fit changed a little bit for the better. Below the knee taper looks better, and it's a whole different experience breaking in a soaked pair because on my original 5010s I never soaked them, resulting in some hideous pain. These guys are gonna look great in half a year. Easily my favorite fit of any jean I've worn, and comfortable too at that. I can get fits up again but probably better to just wait it out for these guys to settle in a couple weeks. If you've got some slightly bigger thighs, 5507s are great.

Skulls are king, that is all.