3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

Both the ST and SL versions of the Kibata jeans are now in our online store.

I mean, c'mon guys.  Kibata has been released for a couple weeks now.  I know some of you have fit pics.  

Sorry, too busy wearing them!  Honestly though, at this point fit pics from me would be pretty similar to what's already on the Self Edge website, just lower-res and with a less attractive model.

They are awesome though.  I already knew I liked the ST cut, and the kibata denim is really nice.  Crazy easy to break-in and super comfortable after just a day or two.  I was expecting way worse based on my experience with the +21bsp (well worth it, but they took months to soften up).

Of note, YMMV but I didn't get much shrinkage out of mine after a hot soak.  Maybe half a size?  I haven't taken measurements or anything but they're fitting slightly looser than I had expected.  We'll see if they shrink up any more after the second wash.

Edited by cthip

Has anybody picked up the Indigo Star Short Sleeve Workshirt?

The measurements for an XL look good for me, but it's hard to figure how it will fit through the midsection based on the photos. So, I'm curious if it's cut slim/tapers from the chest down. I've found this to be an issue for me with RGT shirts that fit in the shoulders and chest, but narrow too much through the waist.

Also, @kcrunner, 3sixteen posted some picks of a worn-in sample 120xk: http://www.3sixteen.com/blogs/news/33967556-wear-specimen-st-120xk

Has anybody picked up the Indigo Star Short Sleeve Workshirt?

The measurements for an XL look good for me, but it's hard to figure how it will fit through the midsection based on the photos. So, I'm curious if it's cut slim/tapers from the chest down. I've found this to be an issue for me with RGT shirts that fit in the shoulders and chest, but narrow too much through the waist.

Also, @kcrunner, 3sixteen posted some picks of a worn-in sample 120xk: http://www.3sixteen.com/blogs/news/33967556-wear-specimen-st-120xk

Wow, what a coincidence. I just received the Indigo star short sleeve workshirt in the mail today. I was worried also. Previously, I bought the XXL size of the indigo dyed t-shirts from self edge and those t-shirts fit real well with room. I just tried the XXL size of the workshirt and there definitely isn't as much room as the t-shirts but still, I felt that, for me, it was at the edge of feeling comfortable. Once I figure out how to get my phone photos onto this site, I will upload the photos

is the 32bsp same as ST 100x?

i got a size 30 in st 100x shld i get size 30 for the bsp as well?

No not at all. the thighs are much larger and the rise is higher.

I wear a 34 in the ST cut and i wear a 32 in the 32 / 30 bsp cut.

• 2 weeks later...

So I recently got some 21bsp and sold my 130x and decided to take some comparison pics before I shipped out my 130x. 

21bsp 18oz vs. 130x 17oz 

(Notice the leg twist on the left pair)

ji2w0ZO.jpg?1

Top:21bsp, bottom: 130x

HQf2yzR.jpg?1

Denim comparison

AGdl7XG.jpg?1

Sorry for the horrible editing on this, was a bit underexposed

sW5lsu5.jpg?1

Edited by noobedloser

Nice choice, I'm sure you'll be happy with the 21bsp!

I definitely am. The denim on the 21bsp is just amazing and a huge difference between the 17oz denim on the 130x. I would highly recommend anyone debating on getting the 130x to actually drop the extra cash and get the 18oz 21/11bsp jeans. You will not regret it.

I definitely am. The denim on the 21bsp is just amazing and a huge difference between the 17oz denim on the 130x. I would highly recommend anyone debating on getting the 130x to actually drop the extra cash and get the 18oz 21/11bsp jeans. You will not regret it.

Nice!  Not sure how you're managing to wear them in summertime though.  I did that one summer, never again. . . . 

• 2 weeks later...

So about a month ago I went ahead and purchased a pair of 3sixteen ST-120x as my first pair of raw/selvedge jeans.  I got a size 30 as I was advised to get a snug fit in the waist because they stretch up to about an inch.  Initially I was worried that they were too tight around the waist but after two weeks of wear, they've not only stretched in the waist but also become incredibly comfortable through the legs.  I have skinny legs so they're not too slim/tapered on me but I absolutely love the fit and the feel of the jeans in general.

I'm sure I don't have to tell most of you, but I'm incredibly satisfied with my purchase.  If there's anyone out there on the fence about this pair or any other pairs of 3sixteens, I'd suggest you go for it.  

Also, the fade pictures I've seen for 120x series are definitely among my favorite that I've seen for any brand and I can't wait until mine start to look like some of yours.

I've been looking into getting another pair of jeans and as much as I love these, I'd also like to explore other brands of (preferably) Japanese denim.  At the moment I'm favoring The Flat Head's 3002 and Samurai's 711 cuts, but I'd like to know what other brands have jeans that fit similar to 3sixteen's Slim Tapered cut.

Glad you like your ST's dude, I think mine are great too. I wear them a bit gently it has to be said, but even so there are plenty of amazing shades popping out of the creases and fades. I also have 3sixteen t's and a hoody and have nothing but good things to say about their quality and fit.

You might get a better response for this particular question by posting in 'small questions' at the top of the thread list.

I've been looking into getting another pair of jeans and as much as I love these, I'd also like to explore other brands of (preferably) Japanese denim. At the moment I'm favoring The Flat Head's 3002 and Samurai's 711 cuts, but I'd like to know what other brands have jeans that fit similar to 3sixteen's Slim Tapered cut.

Edited by Artisandenim

2vkdq1u.jpg

fonmgn.jpg

Hope you don't mind pictures from my MacBook camera. I got them chain-stitched at Self Edge LA to a few inches longer than required for the length of my legs cause I like to cuff my jeans a little wider than normal. I wear them pretty gently too since I work a desk job, but again, the break in was pretty painless and they've become very comfortable over a short period of time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...