Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Got my Sugar Cane 45 yesterday from Caliroots. But there is one weird thing about them; there is no leather patch. The pictures of the model on Caliroots showed no tab either. Anyone know something about this?

http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcfn0007kh7.jpg << I am talking about the thing up in the right corner.

no patch? thats fucked up. i dont see any reason they would remove it.

lees didnt have tabs tho, which is why those had no tab.

no patch? thats fucked up. i dont see any reason they would remove it.

lees didnt have tabs tho, which is why those had no tab.

I wrote wrong, should be patch instead of tab. I mean that the pictures of the 45 on Caliroots showed no patch.

EDIT:

Started the soak 2 hours ago, was looking at them right now and i see some decent twisting. Nice.

EDIT:

Too bad i did not save the pictures on the model from Caliroots. Anyway, i found some other pics from a blog that is co-operating together with Caliroots:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7599/1872/1600/04.27.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7599/1872/1600/03.26.jpg

^ er, you've got the wrong side of the jeans - that's the left back pocket in the picture?

It's the only pictures of the model on the blog. Also, as i said before; there was no patch on Caliroot's pictures. Anyway, I am finished with the soak now, they are drying right now.

EDIT:

Found some on Caliroot's blog:

http://caliroots.blogspot.com/2006/11/new-denim-brand-for-cali-do-you-know.html

I just ordered them from caliroots aswell. In the description it said "sanforized" , but I dont fully trust them.

The caliroots ones are the 420 then?

Have you got your jeans yet? Did you have the patch?

Must solve this mystery with the patch. I also noticed another difference between these on Caliroots and those on rakuten etc. In Caliroots there is a Made in Japan-tab beside the tab with wash instructions etc.

Canes '47 32/34 one-wash two days out of the box. I did an initial measurement before putting them on, and the rear-waist came to just over 15" (so, basically just shy of 31.5" total), and the inseam was around 36". As of right now, the waist hasn't stretched that much, but I expect that to change. I'm pretty happy with the fit, but would like the rear to shrink just a smidge. Softer, "fuzzy" effect on the denim (as has been discussed before). I almost threw some spray starch on them to enhance the fading, but think I'll keep them as-is to see what happens.

Hope this helps some,

Anthony

CanesFront.jpg

CanesSide.jpg

CanesBack.jpg

Edited by TB on Feb 11, 2006 at 01:06 PM

Edited by TB on Feb 11, 2006 at 01:07 PM

Well, after taking a super-vacation from SF, I decided to log back on and give an update for the sake of doing so. Changed my email address in that time, so my username had to change accordingly. Here are my 47's at 7months--I was rotating them (on and off) with my SD-103's, which are proving to be a bitch to break in. Anyone have a thought on how to stave off the destruction of the rear cuffs? I had my mother in law (old school seamstress that she is) throw some stitching on the back a few months ago, but...well, that just didn't work.

140-4058_IMG.jpg

140-4059_IMG.jpg

140-4061_IMG.jpg

Anyone here throw their Canes (with snake skin patch) in a dryer? I'm trying to get maximum shrinkage on my Canes x Begin jean but don't know how the snake skin patch will take to the dryer.

Mahalo!

All the snake skin patches i've seen that have been through a dryer have looked great.. they hold up really well.

I just got my Sugarcane Okinawas-- been wearing them ever since they came in the mail. They're a little long, but I'm at school so I can't really soak them. I have to wait 'til I go home next month. Here's some pics right out of the box:

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

They are one-wash okinawas.. but they're supposed to still have some shrink in them. The tag is 31x34 and they're about 33" so I figure if I soak they'll shrink to a better length for me.

are you sure they are one wash, if they are tagged 31 and measure 33 I would think they are no wash. They also look a little too smooth and unwrinkled for one wash.

I was under the impression that canes shrink to tag size.

err if you are talking about length then they are one wash...

THIS FUCKING INFURIATES ME.

TAKE THAT SHIT TO A SHOE FORUM.

deadstock can refer to anything that has been sitting around for a while in mint condition. There is a big market for deadstock Crown and Talon zippers from WWII. A bunch of them were sealed in wax to prevent corrosion. Sorry to infuriate.

lol i don t even belong to a shoe forum