Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

blackplatano, you had your rant.

Now shut up and fuck off.

Don't get mad cause i schooled you.

next to the thread it said HOT!

but all i see are two little schoolchildren rubbing against each other in effort to gain a precipice of an orgasm.

you're both wrong.

that specific pair of jeans was made ages ago, prior to sugarcane's removal of arcuates on future jeans announcement, but since it's not an extremely popular model, noone bought it.

therefore, arcuates were intact, spe bought it, sent it off to indigo_junkie and the rest we can all say, is present/history.

so you're both wrong. now apologise like good little children and let me never see this happen again.

... oh and...

BOOYAH!

Who says we were talking about those jeans? I didn't mentioned those jeans kiddy i said the 1947. So you really got nothing to say dude.

But yea...

I made my point...So i'm done.

MOre jeans, less talk

cut's not unusual, if anything, it's the same practically

natural indigo is really good, but then again some. (as in, each to his own)

the colour might've put people off, i do quite like it though. the methodology for the colour is unique to say the least.

also, take into consideration that sugarcane isn't a SUPER POPULAR brand in japan. most people couldn't care less about expensive high end denim - they'd just buy levis or anything that fits well. but definately more popular than samurai.

and also, take into account the price -- although it's quite low for a natural indigo, the price in comparison to the synthetic 'pure' indigo models is markedly different.

just a few things.

I thought it was because they were the most colour uniform of all the natural indigos. Does not have the insane vertical contrast of the 40400 Hawaiis for example. Apart from little details like the lined back pockets, the jeans themselves are pretty ordinary looking. The greenish blue indigo is pretty unique though, and not as green as the edo awa.

Sydney winters are supposedly not as cold as Melbourne, but it's been freezing lately (and I ride my motorcycle to work). 21oz denim has let me ride without longjohns underneath, but one time I rode with my new sugarcanes, and my legs went numb from the cold.

Don't get mad cause i schooled you.

Who says we were talking about those jeans? I didn't mentioned those jeans kiddy i said the 1947. So you really got nothing to say dude.

But yea...

I made my point...So i'm done.

MOre jeans, less talk

dude, those were NOT the 1947 that had arcuates, so you've got nothing to say about. and also, whatever i said before applies to every other sugarcane jeans that have arcuate stitching.

they stopped making arcuates a long wHilILLleLEleEEeEE ago.

go back and read.

So i just purchased some sugarcane 1947's.

Does anyone own these jeans or have any thing to say about them?

Any info would be much appreciated..

Lew

so i just noticed your post

does anyone else get irritated when there's 80 pages worth of information (probably 60, taking into account people who shit up the thread like me) in this thread alone, and this newbie here ignores the whole thing... or have anything to say about this?

any info would be much appreciated..

panda.

so i just noticed your post

does anyone else get irritated when there's 80 pages worth of information (probably 60, taking into account people who shit up the thread like me) in this thread alone, and this newbie here ignores the whole thing... or have anything to say about this?

any info would be much appreciated..

panda.

Uh huh. So this guy just upped and bought himself a pair of SUGARCANE 47s without knowing anything about them? I don't know whether to applaud his bravery or ridicule his stupidity. eh. I get more irritated by people asking if SC makes a slim cut or not. SC makes 50 different types of jean all in the 47 repro cut (which I love) and one 66 cut (the 45's a bit slimmer as well, I admit). If you wanted a slim cut, you shouldn't be looking at SC to begin with.

I am a big fan of Sugarcane.I bought a limited edition pair(very military workwearish with 3 different denims and buckle back feature) from them at Mr Freedom"s in Los Angeles.It's also a great spot for vintage.Ask for Cristophe (I believe) super nice guy who owns the store.

Hello All

Ndwbie to this forum. Im a life long 501 wearer and have begun to seek out some sugar canes after being repulsed by the recent offereings from the basic levis (not the lvc but thats another story)

Im thinking about the hard washed 47 and the edos. im a 35-36 inch waist and due to my slight gut, my waist is the widest part of my body. In other words skinny legs. I wear a 46 in the generic mexico/haitai made 501's. Can someone provide some sizing assistance before i drop some hard cash at history presv.

Id like to order the 36's but based on what ive read in the sc thread it looks like the ass and legs may be way to big. However, they dont make a 35. Does anyone think i can get away with a 34. Thanks in advance for any advice.

PS If its a shrnkage issue, i dont mind the washing machine and or the dryer although this may be sacrilege to some here

I got my pair of SCxLees this past week, update on fit:

pre soak:

DSC06311.jpgDSC06312.jpg

DSC06314.jpg

post soak:

DSC06322.jpgDSC06324.jpg

DSC06327.jpg

this is really an exceptional pair of jeans-the fabric is incredible, and the fit is superb. Thanks to DDML and Synthi for their advice, getting a size down was the right thing to do.

nice jeans. how long did you soak them? im wearing my okis for the 3rd day (jeans week at work) and ill prob soak mine this weekend as they could use a little shrinkage overall.

nice jeans. how long did you soak them? im wearing my okis for the 3rd day (jeans week at work) and ill prob soak mine this weekend as they could use a little shrinkage overall.

this is not my usual method, but I soaked them in cool/warm water inside out in the washer for 45 minutes, spun dry and then hung for a day in the shade. It shrank to the perfect size for me.

So i purchased a one wash edo today. Im traditionally a 36 waist. Tried on the 34's and they were unwearable. the 36 fit well the waist. the legs are however, a bit too big.

So folks, for the newbie, to get max shirnkage in the legs ("i know your going to say they will stretch out anyway) with minimal fade (and keeping the waist) should i do a hot wash and hot dryer or just a hot soak. Frankley since im probably in between a 34 n 36 im not afraid of the dryer....thanks all. great forum.

newb