Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

hi i got a gift of a pair of hawaii. i thought it was the one-wash version since that is what's readily available from big and selfedge (this pair was from singapore). but the tag says it's a SC40401N, which historypreservation says is the tag for the unwashed version.

i've measured the jeans and all the measurements are a bit bigger than the measurements on big's one-wash size chart (by 0.5 to 1 inch).

what do you think? is this indeed the unwashed version? the waist is perfect for me at the moment (measures at 33.1 inch for its tagged size 32 (big's one-wash size chart has the waist measurement at 32 inch), i haven't soaked it). i suppose if i cold soak it, it might shrink but will stretch back to what it is now.

so, should i soak it? would inside out be best for the hawaii?

thanks!

hi i got a gift of a pair of hawaii. i thought it was the one-wash version since that is what's readily available from big and selfedge (this pair was from singapore). but the tag says it's a SC40401N, which historypreservation says is the tag for the unwashed version.

i've measured the jeans and all the measurements are a bit bigger than the measurements on big's one-wash size chart (by 0.5 to 1 inch).

what do you think? is this indeed the unwashed version? the waist is perfect for me at the moment (measures at 33.1 inch for its tagged size 32 (big's one-wash size chart has the waist measurement at 32 inch), i haven't soaked it). i suppose if i cold soak it, it might shrink but will stretch back to what it is now.

so, should i soak it? would inside out be best for the hawaii?

thanks!

For SC, "N" represents non-wash and "A" represents one wash. Soak away!

I found some rainbow Oki's but there are 2 websites that are giving me different measurements.

One has Sz34 which measures 82cm( about 32 inches) across

The other has Sz34 which measures 86cm (33.8 inch) across.

Both are washed.

Can any of the owners help me out with some measurements?

Hey onehundy - Size 36 O/W, after numerous washes, line dry and about 1 1/2 years of wear - As I recall, they were tag size when new but do stretch 1" or so with wear. Dimensions following a wash.

waist - 17 1/2

FR - 12

BR - 16

Thigh - 13 1/2

Knee - 9 1/2

LO - 8 1/2

Inseam - 33 1/2

Hey fellas.. just wondering about shrinking on my raw 1947's.. i did a good hot soak.. with a little agitation and I am currently fairly happy with the fit. However, if they shrunk a bit more, that would be even better. I am wondering if the 47's have "stages" in their shrinking? My roy's were treated the same way, worn a few months and so stretched out i thought i might have bought the wrong size.. warm washed them.. and yikes!.. i was amazed at the shrinkage! I am wondering if the 47's may be similar.. or if i will just buy 1 size down next time. Thanks!

OK.. Maybe i will try a pair of raw 33's next time.. but so far I have had your experience tiger.. not a whole lot of shrinkage. But, i have heard stories from others that they could not button the top button after a hot wash. I think I will wear mine for another month, then give them a hot wash and see what happens. I really like this 47 cut because of the way they hang on my hips.. it is really nice to not have to wear a belt! It makes them my most comfortable jeans by far.