Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I find sugarcane denim to be in general underrated. I have the hawaiis in both 50/50 and 100% natural and that denim is IMHO even nicer than the okinawa

the standard 47 denim is fantastic. it looks really irregular and hairy but not over the top like samurai. the color is great too. super dark.

I find sugarcane denim to be in general underrated. I have the hawaiis in both 50/50 and 100% natural and that denim is IMHO even nicer than the okinawa

I guess the next pair for me is the hawaiis. The draw for me in Sugar Cane was the 50/50 blend. so unique. But I have not seen the hawaiis in 100% natural.

the standard 47 denim is fantastic. it looks really irregular and hairy but not over the top like samurai. the color is great too. super dark.

agreed.

I agree, sugar cane in general is underrated. There shoulve been a sugar cane contest already..

I agree that the Okis are really underrated but I think most people know the denim is crazy but the fit doesn't work for them. I had a pair but they were just too big in the thighs and seat. I don't like slim, lowrise jeans but the 47 cut is a little much for me. But the denim was my favorite that I've ever seen for sure.

I agree that the Okis are really underrated but I think most people know the denim is crazy but the fit doesn't work for them. I had a pair but they were just too big in the thighs and seat. I don't like slim, lowrise jeans but the 47 cut is a little much for me. But the denim was my favorite that I've ever seen for sure.

true true.. my okis have taken some getting used to, especially the short inseam length. pretty comfortable and some crazy details: stitching, mabu snake patch, 50/50 blend, pocket bags.. definitely one of the coolest jeans

whoever said not to size down on sugarcane should be cane to death. i sized down on my okis and it was the best choice i ever made.

I have the Edo Ai and want to wear it but it's all single stitched so paranoid of busting threads on it. Wish I had an okinawa or hawaii to wear harder.

Seriously? I mean...really?

I've purchased from this Ebay seller before - keep an eye on his listings. He's got black 29's here now.

thats the guy I got mine from. I actually missed the first pair of 34/34 I was going to get, so I emailed him and asked if he would have anymore on ebay. he said he would within a week. sure enough he listed them. I would send him a question through ebay and ask if he has any 47s in a 29 or if he could get any.

edit: make that sz. 28

I agree, sugar cane in general is underrated. There shoulve been a sugar cane contest already..

I think "unpopular" is a better word than underrated.

Me... I don't care about what's popular. My SC1947s are exactly what I was looking for. I want my jeans as vintage as possible.

i LOVE the cut on the okis. i need another pair with the same cut.

better pictures of fit. I originally did a cold hand wash initially, but they stretched out really huge in the waist, so I did a hot soak when I got home the other night.

19470016e.jpg

edit - also wanted to include measurements

sc47 tagged 34x34

waist: 34

Inseam: 33.25

Knee: 9.5

Front rise: 10.5 (measured from seam to bottom of waistband)

Back rise: 15.5 (measured from seam to bottom of waistband)

Hem: 9

Thigh: 12.5

interesting comparison measurements with my 34/36 LVC 37s

Waist: 34.5

Inseam: 32 3/8

Knee: 9.75

Front rise: 11.25 (measured from seam to bottom of waistband)

Back Rise: 16 (measured from seam to bottom of waistband)

Hem: 9

Thigh: 12.75

^ love the fit and cuffs on those 47's, erk.

here is my patch after a handful of washes and dryer sessions.

DSC_0925.jpg

and the jeans itself. owned for 2 years, wear is probably 7-12, i don't know. lost track. color edited for better viewing and to match its color.

DSC_0915aa.jpg

the part i love the most is the train tracks. hard to see, but i'll update when it's a bit more dramatic.