Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I have the Sugar Cane 1966's, the shrink to fit ones, I wore them in the bath at about 30 degrees for an hour, soaked them in cold water, then left them to dry inside out on the floor, I also kept the selvedge straight so I'd get good trainlines later on, that was about a month ago though, I still have to wear them in more

I have pictures of the wash up on my local Denim stores blog if anyone wants to see them.

I believe Levis had a limited editon of 1947 cut in 2007 - they called it slim fit 47 / translated to a slimmer thigh - so my guess is that's what ur looking at here...but a sugar cane

found a pic on styleforum - hope the guy doesn't mind me posting it

levis_1947.jpg

also up here

http://www.oipolloi.com/store/LeviStrauss-501LimitedEdition1947ShrinkToFitDryIndigo-1752.html

We got the 1947 Type II Slims last week at Self Edge.

it's basically a '47 with a narrowed down thigh, lower rise, and the denim is slightly lighter in weight.

I believe Levis had a limited editon of 1947 cut in 2007 - they called it slim fit 47 / translated to a slimmer thigh - so my guess is that's what ur looking at here...but a sugar cane

found a pic on styleforum - hope the guy doesn't mind me posting it

levis_1947.jpg

also up here

http://www.oipolloi.com/store/LeviStrauss-501LimitedEdition1947ShrinkToFitDryIndigo-1752.html

i always thought those were just the mass consumer non-lvc non-selvedge 1947's? at least i remember it that way, could be wrong

Bill, im in L.A. can i work for you?

also, do you hem/taper denim?

I was going to ask the same thing, mr. invincible...

Hey Fellas,

At the moment, we're running a really lean operation over here. Only myself, Pete and Rosa. We don't have any money or need or extra help at the moment, but you guys are more than welcome to come kick it at the shop and be involved.

We are offering hemming and taper service w/ chainstitching. For the time being it is done outside of the store, with a few days turnaround. We're looking for a working Union Special as we speak....

whats the chainstitch service cost?

Still figuring out pricing for all the different alterations options.... for the time being, a regular chainstitch on a raw jean is $20

anybody seen any fit pics for the 47 slims? they sound promising

We'll have photos up this weekend with measurements.

Hey Fellas,

At the moment, we're running a really lean operation over here. Only myself, Pete and Rosa. We don't have any money or need or extra help at the moment, but you guys are more than welcome to come kick it at the shop and be involved.

We are offering hemming and taper service w/ chainstitching. For the time being it is done outside of the store, with a few days turnaround. We're looking for a working Union Special as we speak....

that's awesome. i am down to work for little to no money at all.

They are hella shrinkers/stretchers. In the end you will be absolutely fine with these.

Gave my Union Stars a hot soak with some Doc Bronners soap to raise some of the dirt and Murray's pomade out of them......

Just soaked them in the sink in soapy water, then pushed clean water through them. Water was pretty blue and oily looking. Took the shine that had accumulated off, and they shrank a good deal more. I definitely co-sign previous statements on this thread that SC's take a good two or three washings/soakings to finish shrinking