Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

whats the difference?

Nerd:

A foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious.

Geek: an unfashionable or socially inept person

- (with adjective) a person with an eccentric devotion to a particular interest.

I've always preferred geek over nerd. It just makes it seem like I have obsessions in my everyday life instead of my obsessions being my everyday life.

Use it wisely!

Back on track..

21oz Sammy's anyone?

When will we see a new model or a reproduction of an old one?

the official samurai site is www.samurai-j.com. when you go there you'll see the S5000AI shoguns. nice jean,but i dont wear gold, so it doesn't appeal to me. btw, from what ive seen, they look more beige/khaki colored, so you might get away with them in a casual office setting...

those are dope casper. quiet as kept, train tracks are my fav type of fade...and yours are the suject of envy. overall beautiful overall jean,imho. question: does anyone have sams that say "made in the united states" on the leather patch? if so please holla @me!!!

how do s5000bk's run compared to '47 501s? i have a pair of washed 47's that fit great in a 31/32. i'm looking to pick up a pair of these 5000s, and i'm torn between 29 and 30. i measured my lvc's, and it seems like all BiG's measurements for both 29 and 30 are bigger than my 47s. but reading through the thread it seems like sammys shrink a lot? ughhhh someone help me. also, i'm looking for a straight up straight fit, not so slim, which is why i'm leaning towards the 30, but the measurements for everything just seem so big. -_-

here are my lvc measurements compared to a 29 (lvc-s5000bk size 29)

waist: 33-31

front rise: 11-10.5

back rise: 13.5-14.25

upper thigh: 11-12.25

knee: 8.5-8.75

leg opening: 8-8.5

now compared to a 30 (lvc-s5000bk size 30)

waist: 33-32

front rise: 11-10.5

back rise: 13.5-14.5

upper thigh: 11-12.5

knee: 8.5-9

leg opening: 8-8.5

it would be helpful if someone can post their post-strectched/soaked/washed measurements, so i could compare it with BiG's. (:

one last question: i know it would be better to order from japan through proxy because of arcs/tabs and price, but i'm pretty sure a 36 inseam will be WAY too big on me. i can have these chainstitched at SE, correct? because i know BiG can hem them for me for free, so yeah.

damn, long-ass post. i hope it made sense. thx in advance anyone who helpzzzz me.

quick question, its probably been discussed, but im drunk and don want to search through the ENTIRE thread..

is the "zero" denim special in any sort of way? like, the texas cotton is hella slubby and hairy an shit.. whats special about the famed zero denim? i dont own it.. just 500xx slubby texas cotton

is the "zero" denim special in any sort of way? like, the texas cotton is hella slubby and hairy an shit.. whats special about the famed zero denim? i dont own it.. just 500xx slubby texas cotton

The thing about it most people seem to recognize is the way it can shrink and stretch more than your average denim. To me it's in a way that it doesn't try to do anything 'special' that makes is a winner; a very successful middle ground. Rough and rigid 17oz, but not too heavy to drape nicely (this goes for the only Zero denim I have hands-on experience with; the s5000). Also there's something in the texture I really like. I could swear the weft shows more on my s5000's than on any other denim I own, when looking at a straight angle. Could be just that the indigo in the vx are so dark they almost look like the bk's, but I don't think that's all of it.