Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Here you go BOF.

pre soak

S3000VXpresoakred.jpg

post soak

one hot soak in the bathtub and one wash in the machine. still slightly damp

S3000VXpostsoakred.jpg

Afterwards I have to admit that I will never wash a jeans to shrink if there are other ways to do it. strange faded creases...one over the thigh. I have to see how it evolves.

After the denim has stretched I'll wear them a bit lower. beatle's opinion of how to wear the S3000VX

Hey Clou, love the fit on those S0500xx, what size did you get and measurements pre and post soak ?

They're size 28. Sorry, I didn't take measurements pre soak. I'll try to measure them tonight.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

P.S. Yuichi is dope. After shipping my jeans, he refunded me back like $1.30 or something because he said shipping cost less than he thought. Can't believe how honest he is and his service is amazing.

How is the stitching holding up on those?

'know me & my obsessive-compulsive tendency to "preventive" reinforcement__ got 'em done before the break in, the multiple soaks @ the getgo prove to pay off bigtime. stitches are all intact & denim's currently developing a unique+awesome purplish patina__ too bad it does not register on photos.

They're size 28. Sorry, I didn't take measurements pre soak. I'll try to measure them tonight.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

P.S. Yuichi is dope. After shipping my jeans, he refunded me back like $1.30 or something because he said shipping cost less than he thought. Can't believe how honest he is and his service is amazing.

haha, yeah, he did the same to me too; i wouldn't have mind at all him pocking that extra $; great service!

these are back on rotation for fall/winter:

***Xposted:

'talk about natural indigo jeans having reputation for retaining their color, these mofo doggedly latch on to their indigo like a pitbull. 1.5y/o = 8mos [approx effective wear] = x8 soaks = n0 wash.

it's prolly how the yarns were weaved so tight together__ every after soak, the damn jeans seem to reset back to almost new condition__ like having bigtime focus/attention disorder, lulz. but, i'm not complaining. it means that i'm getting my money's worth. all i know is that, everytime i put them on, i'm banking ataris [a few strikes @ a time]__ payback is when i decide to wash.... muuuahahaha!

***shots taken w/available light @ISO 800 except for the last frame [w/c was taken w/flash].

Samurai s5000AI-10SP

That ability to shrink back to essentially post-first-soak measurements is, I think, this material's downfall. I've probably worn my pair more than anyone else on here and that amount of shrink/stretch caused me to have blowout after blowout. I'm seriously scared to wear them now in case they fall apart. The material is AMAZING and holds its dye like no other, which makes it kind of hard to justify wearing them until they literally fall apart.

Has anyone else on here had problems with their pair developing holes randomly?

what is the actual measurement of those 710s? The issue could be

1) lot 13s sizing is messed up and 31 710s actually measure 31 instead of ~33.

2) your true waist is actually 33.

kind of. my waist is 30.5 so i got a 31,but for some reason they fit really tight without soaking. i just figure get 5000vx's

^^ Yes it very likely they did. But usually the measurements they post reflect that it's already got the first wash. That's just how it's sold over there.

this makes alot more sense. the thing is, i wouldn't want them to shrink anymore. will they give in a sufficient amount or any? and would they shrink much more?

The 19oz denim actually stretches a decent amount (1.5 waist, .5 thigh for me after turning extremely tight with a wash). If the picture you posted is indeed the final shrunk amount, then post stretching will be a great fit.

this makes alot more sense. the thing is, i wouldn't want them to shrink anymore. will they give in a sufficient amount or any? and would they shrink much more?

^ thx!

it's size 34. that used to be TTS but now it's more sized down 0,5-1" :D

It's a fantastic fit from the looks of it. I was never sure what to do with the 3000 since they seemed like a great fit and I love the painted arcs, but with BiG not carrying them I had no idea what size I'd need. I guess that's some info to stock away for the next couple of years or until I just break down and buy another pair...

The 19oz denim actually stretches a decent amount (1.5 waist, .5 thigh for me after turning extremely tight with a wash). If the picture you posted is indeed the final shrunk amount, then post stretching will be a great fit.

thanks for the input kit. still not sure in i wanna keep them. i think i might go for the s5000vx. not my pic, but would anyone know how i would size to get this type of fit?

dsc1149y.jpg

dsc1154cv.jpg

dsc1152.jpg

^^ I agree. Hang them inside out in the sun. The UV is what kills it. The freezer just stops it spreading.

A better solution (read: an actual solution) is to soak them and then hang them inside out in the sun. A soak isn't likely to shift any of your creases if you pre-washed/soaked properly nor is it likely to wash-out all of your indigo.