Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

worst advice ever.

Lots of light and dry is the bacterias worst enemies.

Hang them up outside inside out.

Freezer just make the bacteria sleep.

Thank. You. !

Afterwards I have to admit that I will never wash a jeans to shrink if there are other ways to do it. strange faded creases...one over the thigh. I have to see how it evolves.

That's happened to my S0500 and my WH 660s, mainly due to washing them inside-out. The denim abrades against itself. :(

I've found washing on a gentle setting helps, and I'm not doing inside-out anymore.

Hey All,

Thought I's post some pics of my s5000vx 21oz after their first wash. I have had them a year now and up until now they haven't been soaked other than the initial soak either. I washed them in warm water rigorously in my bathtub with some Seventh Generation unscented laundry soap. After the wash I let them soak in a hot bath for about an hour. Hung on a hook to dry. Surprisingly not a lot of indigo came out. Here are the results. Let me know what you think.

These first shots show the most accurate color.

Picture7-4.png

The over all front and back. These images are a tad dark.

Picture8.png

Some macro shots of my "wallet wound" and some fading.

Picture9.png

my 710s are beginning to reek beyond belief, but only had them 4 weeks, so i'm resisting the wash and am just putting them in the freezer overnight.

i'll have the four week pics up soon

putting them in the freezer overnight kills all the odor causing bacteria, so when they come out of the freezer they no longer smell like anything

dude seriously? just wash them jawns! 710s retain their color for a long time so it won't affect your sick fade. plus you won't get beezies with nasty ass denimz.

mine stretched ~1.5 inches, 1 inch past should be easy enough

same for me, and like kit said, they shrink a lot.. but stretch back out after a couple of wears..

nyc, you should definitely wash your pair.. if this helps, after my washes, my 710s actually got darker.. the whole freezer concept is stupid imo.

@kit99bar: Samurai always uses the same size charts. They never consider the different denim they use. So do never trust those charts unless you talked to your dealer.

@morse: I dunno. But I took size 34 and it never failed me so far. But most likely, as with most special editions and heavier denim, they shrink from tag size or are just 0,5" bigger than tagged.

I don't think you can get information about it before it's out.

Haven't paid so far but the pair is around 29.000 Yen + shipping...so go figure ;)

^Wash if you want (your jeans will last longer but your fading will lost contrast) or hot soak if shrinkage is your game. Just putting them in the freezer for a while will also purportedly kill your stink.

here's my 710s on just over 4 months

Great fit. Sized up one or TTS?

From someone who washed 1 month old 19oz 710's just over a week ago.....dont sweat it, they hardly lose any indigo at all. Just make sure not to spin them.