Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I'm currently facing a great dilemma. My true waist measures 35" and I purchased a pair of S710xx in size 35 out of fear that lot 12 was having some similar sizing issues to lot 10. After 2 hot soaks, the waist is still at 35 inches, and the jean is fairly loose all over. If I were to hot wash, I should see a bit further shrinkage, but I still don't know if that will result in a "good fit". As I'm not seeing what I'd like on the resale market, I'm thinking about keeping them, which brings me to my question -- what do you think of the fit? I think it looks like shit, but I may just be used to the fact that all my other jeans are quite fitted.

IMG_0117-1.jpgIMG_0119.jpgIMG_0123.jpg

why are people so hesitant about throwing them in the washer? compared to other manufacturers samurai uses a shitload of starch. i guess without agitation the starch prevents water from penetrating into the fibres.

this may be total bullshit though.... experts elaborate on this.

I realize from Japan. I was looking for a store name, because I'm told most Rakuten sellers don't ship to U.S. Are most of these proxied?

I'm just beginning to appreciate Sams. sry

It was last year's limited edition (500 pairs) 10 year anniversary jean. Bamboo ink X natural indigo.

I have a pair and they've been kind of a letdown - the material wont hold any stitching and it breaks really easily.

Yep... agree to all save that they made 300 pairs.

Like blm, mine are off to a second repair. The fabric is FUCKING AMAZING and the fit is spot on but the thread sucks balls. Was told that Samurai used thicker than usual 100% cotton thread and they're not as strong as their regular thread.

Here are some other pics: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1832216&postcount=5666 and http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1832223&postcount=5667

BiG has 1 size left if you're a big guy:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=5080&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

It is a noob question, but how else do you learn if you don't ask. Anyway, if you see some jeans in Rakuten then email the store and ask if they will ship to US before buying, if not find 'em somewhere else or proxy.
Thank you!

search the entire thread, do your self some favor before throwing a question, that's how ;)

I'm currently facing a great dilemma.

I know a lot of people think the drier is the worst enemy of dry denim but try this... hot wash, throw them in the drier until they are completely dry, soak (doesn't really matter how long here since they were just washed and dried, just get them all the way wet), and finally hang dry... You'll get maximum shrinkage and with the soak and hang dry they will still be stiff as if you only soaked them.

I'm just about a size larger than you and had to go for a 34... I know the resale loss sucks, but you know you'll always regret it if you wear them as is and don't like the fit...

There's always denim doctors in a worst case scenario. then you can pick the exact measurement you want too!

Hey Guys,

I'm new to dry denim, so I was hoping you guys could help me out. I want to make my first Samurai purchase, but not sure about which one. I'm working on a pair of PRPS slim selvage, and want a fit similar to that... I'm leaning towards either the S5000vx or the S0110XJ. I don't really know the difference besides that the S0110XJ is left-hand twill, and I'm not sure what that means. Can any of you guys shed some light?

It was last year's limited edition (500 pairs) 10 year anniversary jean. Bamboo ink X natural indigo.

I have a pair and they've been kind of a letdown - the material wont hold any stitching and it breaks really easily.

Yep... agree to all save that they made 300 pairs.

Like blm, mine are off to a second repair. The fabric is FUCKING AMAZING and the fit is spot on but the thread sucks balls. Was told that Samurai used thicker than usual 100% cotton thread and they're not as strong as their regular thread.

i was wonder where the ais are__ iirc, technicolor has a pair, too.

fortunately, i don't have the same problem. don't have a single thread breakage and everything's holding out really well. of course, i got 4 pairs-deep rotation and have not really got down to abusing them. well, i don't really intend to, anyway.

i realized how the tight-weaved 17ozer is a bit of an overkill for the pure cotton thread, so i do periodic soaks to temper the denim+thread. i figure, they're not gonna fade anytime soon anyway__ might as well take it slow, enjoy the journey and get my money's worth.

FC contest is winding down, so i'll be wearing them a bit more frequently. i'll try to take pics of the progress and post ... maybe, in 2012(?) :).

i was wonder where the ais are__ iirc, technicolor has a pair, too.

I love Samurai's AI denim. I'm really a bigger fan of dyed warp & weft though.

The s5000AI-10SP's denim feels very brittle. The rear pockets can, pretty easily, be torn at the seams if one were to put a small amount of down force on them.

IMG_2490.jpg