Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

As far as I can tell for some of the jeans at Pirates, they only come in raw, so I think they may just wash all their raw jeans for sizing/hemming purposes, and so their wash methods may be less commercial and more like, regular washing machine wash.

As Samurai come raw, Yuichi's wife washes them at home. But you can request a raw pair if he has still some in stock. Otherwise he would order some from Samurai. That's how he did it for me. He's just great!

i love the 15 oz texas cotton denim. it's harsh as shit. there is a definite difference in feel (thickness) between 15 oz, and 17 oz, and 19 oz, and so on. my last pair was 19 oz, and that's about my threshold. i definitely wouldn't want anything thicker. i'm currently breaking in a pair of 15 oz. 0500's and i love it. reminds me a lot of skull's 6x6 denim (i.e. 5010XX 6x6) which if i had bought the right size, would've been the perfect jean.

I've had 15(retired)/17/19/21(sold)/24

For me, it comes down to the climate. I live in ATL right now so we get all 4 seasons. I prefer 15s for summer, 17/19 for spring/fall, won't ever rock less than 24 for winter now.

For what it's worth, I've found that the heavier stuff lasts longer (duh) if all other things were equal (stitching).

As for my overall favorite? I'll never tell, make your own decisions.

the thing is i cant really judge for myself, this being my first pair of samurais. the only thing i can judge off of right now are my new standards, which are basically n00bshit in this neck of the woods. im torn between the 710 and the 500, as you might have guessed; which would you recommend someone to buy first? as far as i can see the 500 sized down one and the 710 tts are nearly identical so i suppose this is just a matter of what kind of denim. thanks for the help guys

as far as i can see the 500 sized down one and the 710 tts are nearly identical so i suppose this is just a matter of what kind of denim. thanks for the help guys

yeah, you're actually pretty much correct with this assumption. both provide a relatively slim fit, mid to slightly high rise, and maintain that proportion all the way down, as long as your legs are normal (i.e. diametric mass tapers down from the hip) and not sausages.

Hey guys, just came back from osaka samurai shop, they are already sold out of the 710 with arc and tab. I try others dealers in the kansai area but still no luck. In the end i ordered from 2nd, and they have really good customers service. Btw bought the air force samurai sweater, is very nice.