Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

made an impulse buy on these: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/kind-u/item/331112000483/

anyone has experience ordering from this shop (Kind-U)?

Seems like they only sell used stuff but a lot of times the jeans look unworn. I asked about this pair and they guy said they were unworn. Seemed like too good of a price on them to pass up.

Anyone here that can comment on the 710 vs 003jp model? When I tried on the 003jp model the guy at Take 5 assured me that the fit was the same as the 710, but I was always under the impression that it was a tad slimmer? I would've tried on the 710 myself but unfortunately it was out of stock. The 003jp fit me pretty well, the only thing I was afraid of was that the rise might be a tad on the short side..

Edit: I just compared measurements on BiG but it would seem the 710 is actually slimmer and has a shorter backrise.. I did quite like the fit of the 003jp, a presoak 33 fit me perfect in the thighs (my biggest concern) so I should probably size up to a 34 to account for shrinkage?

Edited by Warakia

Anyone here that can comment on the 710 vs 003jp model? When I tried on the 003jp model the guy at Take 5 assured me that the fit was the same as the 710, but I was always under the impression that it was a tad slimmer? I would've tried on the 710 myself but unfortunately it was out of stock. The 003jp fit me pretty well, the only thing I was afraid of was that the rise might be a tad on the short side..

Edit: I just compared measurements on BiG but it would seem the 710 is actually slimmer and has a shorter backrise.. I did quite like the fit of the 003jp, a presoak 33 fit me perfect in the thighs (my biggest concern) so I should probably size up to a 34 to account for shrinkage?

S003JP is definatily slimmer than the 710!!!

I tried on both at DC4. The 710 in 35 (which I bought) and the s003jp out of curiosity in a size 36. The s003jp was even slimmer in a bigger size and the rise was way shorter.

big measurements say the same. maybe you looked wrong

Not sure what you were comparing but the 003 cut is the slimmer cut. Regarding sizing, I had the same idea in sizing up but now I regret it. The waist is too loose now. I could have just gone TTS and been very careful with the washing.

I just checked again and you guys are totally right, I knew it wasn't making any sense.. Guess I was a bit more tired that I thought when I was comparing the two tables at BiG, I just checked again and it all makes sense now. What kinda threw me off was the guy from Take 5 insisting that they were the same cut but with different details (repro details vs. non repro details was the difference according to him). Did you experience much shrinkage at the thighs Shinobi? I'm not a very frequent washer so going by what you're saying I could perhaps pull off going TTS on the 33 and just trying to keep shrinkage to a minimum..

On a sidenote the paper weft 003's definitely have an interesting feel to them, very different. Curious to see what kind of fading results they would yield.

the jp denim will def stretch @the waist__ just make sure you're good @the thigh area. if you got larger thighs & you want to stick with the Yamato esthetics, check out the 001jp [w/c are s5000 silhouette] model__ size down 1-2 for slimmish straight.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Here are my black knights, worn on and off for a year. Washed twice. I don't wear these that much anymore. Hard to get natural lighting in the winter right now, so this will have to do. Still not as awesome as Alex's or Poly's but it holds it's own!

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg