Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I wouldn't do it. I had the S5000BK before I got the Black Knights. While the fading and denim properties are different, it's just not worth it unless you really want to start a 2nd black pair! I did it cos the Zero denim stretched so much and I hated the S5000 cut.

I wouldn't do it either. The black knights are gorgeous, I know I'll stir up some anger but I just don't think the black shadows compare

black knight are of course (in my eyes) more special as they use a deadstock denim.

and why all the hate for the S5000? I learned to like it ;)

especially if you wear a size 32 or smaller you can get a great slim fit with the s5000 (yeah..no taper...but not every pair has to be stacked and one can cuff or hem)

black knight are of course (in my eyes) more special as they use a deadstock denim.

and why all the hate for the S5000? I learned to like it ;)

especially if you wear a size 32 or smaller you can get a great slim fit with the s5000 (yeah..no taper...but not every pair has to be stacked and one can cuff or hem)

Not just because of the deadstock denim..i mean just LOOK at it! -- the sleek design of the all black detailing is soooo eye-catching.

Yes I too have learned the benefits of sizing down with the s5000s and can certainly vouch for them. Look in the Elements thread, there are at least 3 guys there including me that got a good slim fit on them.

I wouldn't do it either. The black knights are gorgeous, I know I'll stir up some anger but I just don't think the black shadows compare

The 17oz denim feels kinda flimsy on the 710BKII??? Hope to see the 19ozers again someday...

Edited by Wolfteeth

People still give a shit about arcs and tabs? That is so sufu 5 years ago...

There is a visible difference right off the bat between the 15oz yamato and the 17oz. Just looks completely different fabric wise.

There are my first sams, but having looked and felt a few of my friends' pairs, it's still the same slubby texture. Perhaps not as rough, I think the ones I felt were texas cotton whereas this is pima/egyptian cotton blend.

Looking at the stray strands that bunch up around the belt loops, I pulled them out since they looked a little unsightly, and in doing so took a closer look at the yarn. it feels waxy to the touch which is very unusual. i suppose that's the mark of the paper denim, looking at the nature of the yarn post production, i'd say these won't retain indigo as well, resulting in a faster fading process.

I hope this helps, afraid i can't be more helpful than that :)

^ a fine display of sandpapered garbage.

Actually, my suspicions on those pics are that he adjusted the contrast incorrectly. I'm only basing this on how weird the coloring on the inside looks.

edit -- read the other thread ...you guys are a lot better at describing the flaws than I am clearly! :-)

Edited by shinobi2000

Actually, my suspicions on those pics are that he adjusted the contrast incorrectly. I'm only basing this on how weird the coloring on the inside looks.

The front looks beautiful. The back combs look like shit. Sorry. But that's my personal take on it. I'm sure the combs looked fine before but even if they were sandpapered or not they are way to contrasty with the jeans. Maybe he just wanted them to have combs so he did that.

that's also another good observation lax. But I still can't get over the weird color of the inside surface. The Sky s5000gx interior definitely doesn't look like that does it? Man, and here I was looking out for fades of non-Earth/Water Elements jeans and THIS is the first Sky I get to see? Got my hopes up and shit.