Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Yeah, the shirt shown there is pretty nice too. I still prefer the "old" pocket style though I think. However their interpretations of the classic western shirt never disappoints. I wish companies like Levi's would dare to take some risks with that too, because it would be a lot easier on my wallet ;)

Edit: talking about the shirt in the  post from 2014.02.20 17.40.09

Edited by Cucoo

What do you mean with old? they announced both the "classic" and the "Lee-inspired" model

http://ameblo.jp/samuraihonten/entry-11776315317.html

http://ameblo.jp/samuraihonten/entry-11776342230.html

I prefer the style of this one: http://ameblo.jp/samuraihonten/entry-11776315317.html - that yoke and pocket flaps, I fell in love with them at first sight ;)

On my vacation I got access to green grass and sunlight so I couldn’t resist taking some progress pictures. The jeans are the S5000vx 25oz 15th anniversary after little more than six months and one wash.

IMG_3927_zpsbfedad91.jpg

IMG_3930_zps712155ed.jpg

IMG_3935_zps6db476df.jpg

IMG_3932_zps6a699cf1.jpg

IMG_3933_zpsfdf803b4.jpg

like this faded so much…..

Right. Just about to enter the Realm of Raw with a pair of 710xx, possibly 15th anniversary edition size/availability allowing. I've read most of this thread and have taken a lot of helpful info re: size and fit to confirm my choice of the 710s. I do however have a size/fit question from an angle I haven't seen covered... Namely, I tried a pair on at S.O.A.S on a recent trip to London. The size I chose was pretty much bang on, perhaps a tiny, tiny bit tight. My question then is, if they are a perfect fit in the shop brand new, will they be the right size to buy bearing in mind soaking/shrinking and subsequent stretching?

Ps two things I really, really don't want are saggy arse or hip flare...

I don't want to sound like a penis or anything but why would anyone know how long you wore your denim? It's just a pair of jeans you wear it and you beat it. I think asking how long you wear something is just irrelevant.

Because how long you've been wearing your jeans is directly related to how they fade and change over time.  Because if there's a hole in the crotch and you've been wearing them for four months rather than twelve it gives you a dramatically different picture about the quality of the denim.  Because it gives people interested in buying the same jeans a better idea of how they can expect the jeans to fade.  And so on.

Occasionally people with this attitude show up here - "It's just a stupid pair of jeans, who cares" - and while I understand why people who don't particularly care about jeans would think this way, won't people who spend hundreds of bucks on their pants be interested in nitty-gritty details?  The whole reason why people are buying stuff like Samurai in the first place is because they think all these little parts of the hobby are fun.  If you don't care about that sort of thing, then fine, but why bother with expensive hobbyist-oriented brands like Samurai in the first place?  At the very least you shouldn't act surprised when people ask if you did a hot soak or cold soak, or comment on the patina of copper rivets or whatever.