Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I dunno know the technical reason but you will find this on many repro models. I think in the 1940s to 1950s range mainly. Completely gone in the 60s when bartacking took over. Someone like Paul T or someone who is sewing jeans could possibly explain the reason and if it is more than a aesthetic detail

How long will s710xx bleed? I've got them in mail today and I am really afraid to ruin my white high-top sneakers. Is there any way to prevent bleeding except to cuff them up? I don't think the tape will help.

Also a soaking question: won't it ruin the bathtube? How have you cleaned it after soaking? I don't have a bathtube at my home, only shower, so I will be doing it at my friend's house.

Thanks a lot.

The 19oz denim isn't a strong bleeder. That said, all raw denim will bleed on your white high tops. So there isn't much you can do about it. Also cuffing won't help as it will still stain the shoes, even from the inside. It stops after some months/washing/enough wear. You can't predict it.

As I said the 19oz denim deosn't lose much indigo when soaking, you should still clean the bathtub. Especially if you use someone else's bathtub. Every normal bathroom cleaning detergent and a sponge will do.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I`m snowed in so quick questions to any who might know. I have used e2nd in the past and all was well but their communication relies on translators too much for my liking, is there any better place in Japan to get Samurai that understand more English ?

How does the Samurai 19oz denim compare to iron heart 21oz denim ?

Totally different denim. Samurai's 19 oz is much slubbier, with way more character, and a rougher feel, especially when new. It does soften up nicely after a while. Iron Heart's 21 oz is much softer and smoother when new, isn't slubby at all, and feels somewhat "stretchier" when you're wearing them. Not in a spandex / APC way though. The Iron Heart denim fades to a more "electric blue" shade while Samurai fades to more of a grayish blue. The Samurai denim has more interesting fades IMHO, probably because of the slubbier texture. I own both, and love both.

How long will s710xx bleed? I've got them in mail today and I am really afraid to ruin my white high-top sneakers. Is there any way to prevent bleeding except to cuff them up? I don't think the tape will help.

Also a soaking question: won't it ruin the bathtube? How have you cleaned it after soaking? I don't have a bathtube at my home, only shower, so I will be doing it at my friend's house.

Thanks a lot.

Put a layer of duct tape around the inside of your hems. Old sneaker head trick. Generally works, but you might try with a pair of sneakers you don't love so much first.

Personally, i'll let my jawnz bleed on just about anything. My vans are partially blue, laces on my chucks are blue, wallet's blue, shirts blue, truck seat blue, truck door blue spots. Hell, i'd let em bleed over yeezys, paris sbs, tiffs, just about anything. Just a personal opinion, not really a sneaker head. Cuffs will still sort of bleed through especially on white, and they won't stop for at least like a month especially 710s. Chicks won't wear white pants on certain weeks of the month, i think the least we men could do is where a pair of beater kicks or some boots while our pants bleed. But good luck on that.

Ah, finally got these s710xx and tried them on. Hope this will be the last question from an annoying noob like me: right now pre-soak I can barely fit it and button the last button. I am afraid of soaking, I think I won't be able to ever fit in after that. Of course I won't be able to wear it unsaforized, so how should I soak them to be able to do it? Take a bath in warm water instead of hot with them on? Simply soak them in hot water and hope they will stretch afterwards (but to stretch them I have to wear it even once haha)? Right now I am going to do the simple soak without wearing in and turning inside out using b_F instructions, the temperature will be about 42 celcius and simply leave them hanging to dry. Am I doing it right?

tl;dr: How to reduce shrinkage during soaking except cold water soaking?

Edited by newp

^exchange them and don't size down that much.

Well, exchanging is as much problem as buying new ones. Shipping+tax for new pair will be kinda expensive. Are you sure this is the only valid choice, they won't stretch at all after wearing them and will soak too much?

they will return to the raw state in the waist if they have to. but if they are uncomfortable now, it won't get better down the line.

how is the fit in the legs and seat? got pictures?

I will post it today. Guess just have to work out and get rid of that skinnyfat belly haha.

One thing you (newp and everybody) should always be aware of: there is a final size your jeans will shrink to over the years. So it might be fine to do a cold soak now to minimize shrinkage in the first place…but your pair won’t be done and will continue shrinking until it reaches its final size.

So yeah, if you plan to give them some proper washes over the next years (and we are all getting fatter the older we get ;) ) an exchange or sell+buy new pair would be the best option.