Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

@Chubacca: you could look into the S0500XX...it's a bit bigger overall but still tapered

What do you think about S5000VX vs S0500XX?

What are your thoughts of Texas cotton with the S0500XX? Again, thanks!

^

Wasn't the GX denim essentially the VX denim, but with colored wefts? Regarding texture, they seemed very close. Maybe a slight bit less heavy though...

Thanks I will try the VX if thant is the case, I loved the cut so much and the weight of denim was spot on IMO

What do you think about S5000VX vs S0500XX?

What are your thoughts of Texas cotton with the S0500XX? Again, thanks!

the 0500 gives you more room in the top block. with the lower rise and the fitted top block, I'm not sure the s5000 will fit you the way you want.

you can compare the measurements on blueingreensoho

the 0500 gives you more room in the top block. with the lower rise and the fitted top block, I'm not sure the s5000 will fit you the way you want.

you can compare the measurements on blueingreensoho

If it's a slimmer cut with enough room in the thighs you're looking for, the 0500 sounds indeed better. The 5000 has no real taper and thus is pretty wide at the hem (9,5" raw in my case, size 34).

Edited by Max Power

Craziness... I wonder how those will hold up. With my 24 ounce jeans, the fabric started to come apart in a couple of places where there wasn't even real wear. I have also never had jeans start to tear at the cuffs without them being long enough for me to step on. I should be getting them back from the tailor again on Monday.

Edited by BlueOctoberFan

They should really be using poly core (I think most Samurai use 100% cotton, correct?) thread if they are going to make such a heavy fabric. I won't be surprised if the seams bust before the fabric is real worn in, as BlueOctoberFan just mentioned.

Actually, the seams are generally fine nine months in. It's the material itself which has come apart, both where the cuff is folded (not entirely surprising) and in a couple of random spots which aren't under stress at all (middle of the shin, possible at the back of one thigh).

Falerbrand, very nice. I like the rough texture and how the fading shifts from above the honeycombs to below.