Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Honestly, that's the only thing I don't like about the denim, its streakiness. I've never seen a pair of Shoai - is the streakiness from various shades of indigo or from the undyed yarn? This denim appears to have many shades of indigo. I would rather the streaky goes away if it's from the undyed yarn but if it's from the indigo, it could be interesting!

I think it's a combination of the uneveness of the yarn and a difference of the dyeing intensity.

you coud ask Gordon if he already has them in stock. they were planned to be ready at the end of march but I haven't seen any info on the Samurai HP that they finished them

A speedy reply from Gordon, as usual.

Hi Lance,

I'm well thanks. I've not washed a pair of these yet but I spoke with Samurai and was told to expect more shrinkage in these, around 8%, compared with their other denims which average around 6%. The 8% comes out to about 2"~3" shrinkage in the waist and length.

The denim on these is a tighter weave than the previous AI model (that from what I've seen personally have held up well for the majority of our customers so I'm assuming those with any problems were an isolated issue).

The denim is very similar to the other AI model in terms of color and streakiness, and the streaky results come from the yarns being hank dyed which will always give off different shades of blue. Also the thickness and unevenness of the yarns add to the streakiness but not in a way that a pure indigo rope dyed slubby denim looks which is streaky just due to the size and unevenness of the yarns. An example of this being the Oni 18oz jeans:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=

shop.flypage&product_id=8072&category_id=&manufacturer_id=8&option=com_virtu

emart&Itemid=28

The streakiness of the S510AI-OGSP will settle with wash and wear but due to the different shades of indigo may still keep some of the uneven color. I'm taking pictures now and can send you some of those later this afternoon.

Regards,

Gordon

I'll post pics when I receive them.

thanks for posting his reply. so more shrinkage than usual. good that it is the 510 cut and the higher rise makes it easier to deal with a smaller waist. the size 34 I pre-ordered should work.

and interesting that my assumption of the streakiness was kinda right :D

thanks for posting his reply. so more shrinkage than usual. good that it is the 510 cut and the higher rise makes it easier to deal with a smaller waist. the size 34 I pre-ordered should work.

and interesting that my assumption of the streakiness was kinda right :D

Didn't know you pre-ordered them and when do you expect to receive them? How did you size?

I tip my hat out to anyone who purchases $800 jeans. Me rather spend that money on some firearms :D (my other hobbie)

Definetly go for the jeans .if i got $800.but im broke .just install new engine into my drift machine.

I used to think that I could never spend $800 on jeans, but after buying 2 pairs of new Samurai's, a Samurai denim jacket, tee, cap, a pair of Trickers and numerous other bits and pieces so far this year, who knows how deep a hole I can dig myself.

My wife is going to literally kill me.....

Didn't know you pre-ordered them and when do you expect to receive them? How did you size?

I pre-ordered from Yuichi but since the tsunami, I can't tell you when they will arrive. the pair will be kept at Samurai HQ till Yuichi starts to operate again.

I just took the size I always (mostly) took in Samurai: 34. I have 3 510s in size 34 so these should fit. waist isn't the problem for me, thighs would be and the 510 has enough room in that region

THAAAAAANNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKSSSSSS

Mega,b_F, & the rest of samurai freaks...i just hotwash my 21oz s5000vx...right after wash i do measurement.here how much it goes.

RAW HOT WASHED

waist ;38 waist ;;34

inseam;36 inseam;33

Still not yet dry..better go n break in to strech em back...no need to hem dough.

yippy...but im afraid after dry.it will break my nuts...still wearing this damp jeans.will post pic soon.after dry.im supprise by the result.crazy.

yippy...but im afraid after dry.it will break my nuts...still wearing this damp jeans.will post pic soon.after dry.im supprise by the result.crazy.

Wear them in now dude, if they're not fully dry yet they will stretch out and be really comfy.

b_F, told you this 21oz denim has crazy shrinks man, careful with the 24oz as thats meant to be even worse.

Here is a macro of the S510AI-OGSP from a couple shots Gordon sent me last night. He promised more today and I'll post them when they arrive. If I look closely, seems like the streakiness is in the undyed yarn. Still, beautiful looking texture.

sams510ai-ogspdenim2.jpg?t=1301756127

Wear them in now dude, if they're not fully dry yet they will stretch out and be really comfy.

b_F, told you this 21oz denim has crazy shrinks man, careful with the 24oz as thats meant to be even worse.

Today evrybody will see my teeth. until dawn.

Megatron ,dont u think 17oz vx and 24oz vx the uneven yarn is about the same character..this is difrent with 21oz vx.or mybe im wrong

*For the 24oz vx mybe i will try post soaked .still long way to go..

Here is a macro of the S510AI-OGSP from a couple shots Gordon sent me last night. He promised more today and I'll post them when they arrive. If I look closely, seems like the streakiness is in the undyed yarn. Still, beautiful looking texture.

sams510ai-ogspdenim2.jpg?t=1301756127

had to qoute it again :)

the OGSP is now available in the stores. Can't wait till I get mine :)