Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Dont post soaked or wash any jeans with detergent. unless you have to.indigo that runs out during 1st wash ,most likely dry indigo turned powder on surface of denim.I did wash my jeans ,even hotwashed it.still dark blue after dry.

Yeah what is with the abundance of horrendous grammar on this website? Usually I just assume english isn't their first language, but then sometimes their location will be a US state...

LOL just dont really get the the process of soaking/shrinking/stretching..... thanks anyway...

It's not really difficult. After a few washes, the jeans have shrunk to their smallest proportions. They're not going to get any smaller. They will stretch out over time with wear, but with every washing will shrink back to that smallest size. They won't continue getting smaller and smaller every time you wash them (a size 32 isn't going to shrink, shrink, shrink down to a size 27 over a dozen washes). And with the initial soak/wash, you will lose indigo. But, whether it's from the fabric tightening up, or the shiny starch going away, jeans usually darken after an initial soak or wash. Every time you wash them, you will lose indigo, but different brands are going to lose indigo at different rates. The dryer seems to be much more abusive than the washing machine when it comes to indigo loss.

I posted awhile ago but did not really get a response. So I'll try again: what model would be the most representative of the samurai brand? I have a friend who is travelling to Tokyo and Kyoto. I see on the BIG website that only a few of the models have back pocket stitching and a red tab. Would all models in Japan have this detail? I have been looking at the "water" model but would like it with a red tab and stitching. Would this come standard in Japan? Sorry if this is a dumb question and easily answered by reading through the thread...I just don't have time or patience to go over 1000+ pages on an iPhone.

I posted awhile ago but did not really get a response. So I'll try again: what model would be the most representative of the samurai brand? I have a friend who is travelling to Tokyo and Kyoto. I see on the BIG website that only a few of the models have back pocket stitching and a red tab. Would all models in Japan have this detail? I have been looking at the "water" model but would like it with a red tab and stitching. Would this come standard in Japan? Sorry if this is a dumb question and easily answered by reading through the thread...I just don't have time or patience to go over 1000+ pages on an iPhone.

In Japan, all of them should have the arcs and tab. The S710 and S5000 seem to be the most popular cuts here on sufu, but which one you get should be up to you based on what kind of fit you're looking for.

reference for Samurai would be the S510 cut. They choice of denim is yours (15,19,21 or 24oz).

after that, the S5000VX is probaböy the best selling Samurai (not based on Sufu but Samurai's total sales)

Yes, they will all come with a red tab. SOme with yellow contrast arcs, some with clack stealtg arcs. This depends on the model (19oz denim always comes with black arcs IIRC) and depends on the lot# (lot13 has black arcs on every model)

Guest nooblet333
Was afraid that was the answer :( really want another pair of sammies.

Oh well! PBJ would be decently similar I hope?

Iron Heart!! Just like samurai! (Not really, but similar!) Heavy denim 21 oz on most or all jeans! And offers in black + superblack. (Of course original Indigo.)

There was talk here (many pages back now) about the 17oz black denim showing up in a 710 cut for BIG. Was this just a hopeful rumor? I never saw any evidence of it.

It wasn't just a rumor, I emailed Gordon and he confirmed that it was happening, but they were supposed to get them in around mid-March I'm not sure what happened, unless it has something to do with the tsunami.

If only the S710 black knights could come back =(!!

Since my ande whalls are out of commission for a bit, I've been wearing my black knights everyday for 4 months. Any and all hesitation I had about these has gone away. Love the fit. Fading like a champ. In my experience, if you want black denim that fades beautifully, don't fuck with anything other than samurai.

Since my ande whalls are out of commission for a bit, I've been wearing my black knights everyday for 4 months. Any and all hesitation I had about these has gone away. Love the fit. Fading like a champ. In my experience, if you want black denim that fades beautifully, don't fuck with anything other than samurai.

I'm only a few weeks away from swapping into my S5000BK's for the summer, so reading your post was music to my ears poly.