Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

nice job on the tapering. i prefer that look a lot actually..

where did you start tapering from? and what were the measurements of your hem? (before and after tapering)

The fit is almost exact the same measurement as Nudie Thin Finn's.. The tapering starts from the crotch down to hem.. quite a re-engineering! haha...

The hem is around 6 inches wide...

At first, I'd like to sell it off coz I don't like the fit but then I changed my mind since I love the fabric so much... 19oz denim is beautiful for me... so I did this to get to wear it every day.

my 710XXBK's are at Denim Dr. right now, i'm getting them tapered and hemmed. They should look similar to vootzilla's samurais. I'll post fit pics when theyre done

We just love the skinny jeans with high quality denim, don't we? so we made them ourselves!!

I'm interested in 710BK too... wanna see it!

Yeah, I have been on a binge purchasing old vintage board shirts and some newer ones as well.

Yeah, I have been on a binge purchasing old vintage board shirts and some newer ones as well.

I have 4 pendeltons. I love that the pocket flaps don't have a button, and the patterns are unreal. I found one about 2 years ago at the thrift store by my house, and then I started buying them on eBay, cause they are pretty cheap.

Okay,... I'll join after read-only for a big while....

Anyways, this is my altered S710XX 19oz, Sz 29x29... 1 hot soak at the beginning then worn for around 2 mths.

I love it this way..

;-)

R0012543.jpg

R0012544.jpg

R0012547.jpg

Planned on doing something similar this summer before school starts up again... so a few questions if you don't mind.

What measurements did you give them (tailor?)

Also, what shoes?

I have 4 pendeltons. I love that the pocket flaps don't have a button, and the patterns are unreal. I found one about 2 years ago at the thrift store by my house, and then I started buying them on eBay, cause they are pretty cheap.

Shhh... Don't tell anybody. You are probably the one I am bidding against these days. I have trouble finding my right size on vintage ones, cuz mediums fit more like smalls and sometimes the sizes aren't listed.

If you have a 38in chest. I have a couple I am selling on ebay right now. One is beautiful and I think probably from the late 50s or 60s. I have a hard time telling. I am a bit too large for these, but larges from the period seem to be too large for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=160327775850

So a little birdy told me that there will soon be another Samurai x BIG collab, s710 cut with a s5000bk finish with black stitching throughout.

I guess I can forget about having to order another pair of s5000bk's and having denim doctors taper them :P

Crossing my fingers in hopes they are gonna be 19oz !

God I'm so excited for these I've gotta double post :D:D:D:D:D

I was so anxious to get the s710bk when I first heard about them but once I found out that they had yellow stitching it was an instant deal breaker and it broke my heart and I didn't end up buying a pair.

I CANT WAIT FOR THESE !!!!!!!!

because of so much pendleton talk - I have 3 pendleton shirts (one is from 1960 the others i have no idea) and 2 vintage pendleton knock offs. the quality isn't as good but they look pretty cool. I got the vintage pendleton and the knock offs from my grandfather, the others were found at a local thrift store for 6 dollars. there are a few more, but I dont remember if they were my size.

this is the 1960

Photo184-1.jpg

and to make this relevant - also shown are my samurai s5000vx on their 4th month

Just got a email back from Gordon..

"Hi Jason,

Yes, we're working on a new collaboration called "The Black Knight" using

the left over 19oz Black from the S710BK. There's only enough denim to make

about 90 or so pairs and we'll be using the 710 cut together with all black

details: black stitching, black patch, black buttons and rivets, etc. We're

just waiting for the dollar to gain strength against the yen before

producing to try and keep the price relative the S710BK's original price.

We're hoping to have these finished and in the store by mid-Summer but sure

of an exact date yet.

Regards,

Gordon"

because of so much pendleton talk - I have 3 pendleton shirts (one is from 1960 the others i have no idea) and 2 vintage pendleton knock offs. the quality isn't as good but they look pretty cool. I got the vintage pendleton and the knock offs from my grandfather, the others were found at a local thrift store for 6 dollars. there are a few more, but I dont remember if they were my size.

Nice. Big ups to pendletons. Lets not start too much talk about them. I don't want the price of them to go up on ebay.

Planned on doing something similar this summer before school starts up again... so a few questions if you don't mind.

What measurements did you give them (tailor?)

Also' date=' what shoes?[/quote']

hmm.... actually I didn't give any measurements to the tailor. Instead, I went to him and have him measured for me. He started cuffing some fabrics and asked me if this part is ok or not, then he measured it... He did this from thigh, knee, to hem.. That's all.. (I wore Nudies Thin Finn that day to give hiim some idea what I was looking for..)

For the shoes, they're Clarks bee-waxed (but not desert boots, just normal shoes with bee-waxed leather). I mistakenly applied Mink Oil on them, so they got darker!! I didn't mean to..but I can live with it.

Hope that helps..