Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I dunno. I doubt they would make such a careless error. Maybe.....they wanted to misspell? Some historical thing none of us know? (Like the upside A) Either way, what's done is done and there is a batch of misspelled tags.

While I could really care less about the typos (I kinda like them), but it is rather weird that these pop up all the time on Japanese clothing. Not just typos but flat out wrong sayings. And it does seem like this could just be alleviated by hiring one gringo or english speaking dude to double check stuff.

On the other hand my wife always laughs at bad japanese on signs in europe or the US and western clothing that has japanese on it and peoples 'japanese' tattoos.

^yep. thats how it works.

*figured this would be more appropriate here than in superconfessional or something- finally lost enough weight (and then some) to fit comfortably back in my 710s!! great morning revelation :)

On the other hand my wife always laughs at bad japanese on signs in europe or the US and western clothing that has japanese on it and peoples 'japanese' tattoos.

I always laugh at americans who have zero Japanese culture but go crazy with the Japanese designs on their tattoos. It's pretty funny and I assume something like 50% of the tattoos don't mean what they think they mean.

I always laugh at americans who have zero Japanese culture but go crazy with the Japanese designs on their tattoos. It's pretty funny and I assume something like 50% of the tattoos don't mean what they think they mean.

haha for sure - theyre like "this tattoo means love". I think i've seen like 5 or 6 different kanji tattooed on people that supposedly mean "love"

found this picture from a while back - this was a few months into wearing my 500xxs. contrast is a little high, but i edited it a long ass time ago and i dont have the original. I love that electric blue they turn in the beginning stages of fading.

3437104164_1f3fe99039.jpg

EDIT::: i just tossed them in a hot machine wash with rose dr. bronners. :) covered in dirt sweat and chain grease. and i think there was ketchup on there somewhere. and chili.. .. and a lot of other stuff.

Eh who cares. I think badly spelled English is part of the charm. Besides how many Americans can read or speak Japanese correctly, let alone, English?

agree..................................................:cool:

So here are my S0510xx after 1 soak, 7 months of wear (almost every day) and 1 wash at 40°

sam0510xx_01.jpg

sam0510xx_02.jpg

sam0510xx_03.jpg

Denim is pretty ripped on the back of the knees and where the turnups used to be. Is this normal after 7 months already? How can I avoid it, should I have soaked them more often to soften the fibres?

sam0510xx_06.jpg

sam0510xx_07.jpg

sam0510xx_04.jpg

sam0510xx_05.jpg

I think you're probably gonna get rips on the cuffs no matter what... unavoidable. It's kind of a side effect of being extra cool with rockin cuffs, but getting as much starch out as possible before wearing should eliminate getting tears behind the knees.

Many japanese wash the hell out of their jeans prior to wearing just for this particular reason. You should read how the guy who does the proxy for Japanese items suggests you wash your jeans. It's like a hot soak and then like 2 or 3 warms washes.

I just Cold soak at the beginning and cold handwash every 3 months or so.

samurai opened their own store ! ground floor of their main office in osaka!

http://www.samurai-j.com/samurai/blog/

Any more information on the special "Opeing" day jeans, Edmond?

I see gold buttons, 15oz denim, silk screened pocket bags, and the s0510xx cut.

I'm curious if I could actually get a hold of a pair.

Then my second special Edmond question is. What do you know about lot 12? I know lot 11 relieved the waist sizing issues (Lot 10 waist shrank below waist size, lot 11 shrank to waist size), but is lot 12 back to being larger than tagged waist just like lot 9?

It would be so helpful to know what size to pre order the damn s0510xx 24oz's in! (My lot 10 so510xx's fit great in a size 33).

Once we get all the lot 12 information out in the air that should alleviate some sizing questions people may have. Lot 9, 10, 11, and 12 information should be documented and put straight at the top of the first post.

Someone should get a hold of gimmegimme.

2828_168764905720_567235720_6471479_4256175_n.jpg

2828_168764900720_567235720_6471478_2025364_n.jpg

samurai s710xx19oz sz 30

comments?

good fit, how did you size on those and what lot.

and i agree, hem those shitzzz. who gives a fuck about stacks and cuff those shits, bloooodddd. whats the point of buying selvage jeans if you aint going to flaunt?

[end gangster mode]