The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

So are the navy and oatmeal discontinued?

Nope, we're not carrying them. Didn't see why somebody would want a navy version when you can have one that's essentially a very similar color but with way more depth and that ages over time.  

Can't comment on the 1105's, but go TTS in the 2105's, if you're in between sizes go down. You also have to account for shrinkage when buying so of course they're going to be bigger in the waist pre-soak. If it were me I'd go for the 32, 31 if you want them to be skinnier. 

Thanks.How much would the thigh area shrink for the 2105?I'm not really concern about the waist now since it's going to stretch alot.

Looking at selfedge measurements for a 32 the thigh is 12.1.How much will this shrink to?If I can get approx. 11.5-7 for the thigh after shrinkage that would be desirable.

Thanks.How much would the thigh area shrink for the 2105?I'm not really concern about the waist now since it's going to stretch alot.

Looking at selfedge measurements for a 32 the thigh is 12.1.How much will this shrink to?If I can get approx. 11.5-7 for the thigh after shrinkage that would be desirable.

.5 inches is about what I'd expect after full shrinkage, so that's right there in that 11.6 wheelhouse.  

I have a couple of questions for those who have used Rakuten before.

SelfEdge describes the 1109 as slim tapered but Klax-on and star-foot describe it as SuperTight Straight, which is completely contradictory. The jeans in their pictures do appear to have a tight straight silhouette. 

Are these really the same model as the 1109 on the SE website?

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/klax-on/item/sg1109/

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/star-foot/item/sg1109/

Also, neither shop will allow me to place a size 36 (or any size for that matter) in my shopping cart despite the fact that none of the sizes are blocked out. Has anyone encountered this before?

nutusufu, this is also a matter of perspective. If standard straight is the norm, then slim-tapered will be seen as super tight. When the standard for fit is slim, then a slim-tapered wont be described as super tight. My experience with Japanese tourists visiting New York and wearing these brands and styles, the norm for them is standard straight. The norm for US men these days tends to be slim-tapered. I find myself constantly encouraging people to not wear their jeans so tight. 

Summed up, the same product described from two different perspectives will often be described differently. It's likely the same jean in a different market.

hoggreaser - Yeah, nothing gets highlighted when i try to select any size and wash. I may just try contacting the store as beautiful_Freak has recommended.

Have most people found SelfEdge sizing charts for Strike Gold to be accurate? I read one post here that claimed they were off by quite a bit.

Edit: Jared_Lee, that is very insightful. I had not considered that. 

Edited by nutusufu

hoggreaser - Yeah, nothing gets highlighted when i try to select any size and wash. I may just try contacting the store as beautiful_Freak has recommended.

Have most people found SelfEdge sizing charts for Strike Gold to be accurate? I read one post here that claimed they were off by quite a bit.

Edit: Jared_Lee, that is very insightful. I had not considered that. 

We've found that every run is slightly different, so every time we get a new run in we remeasure them.

FYI, we have a size 36 in stock of the jean you're looking for, we ship for free, and we allow exchanges. 

Edited by kiya

Kiya, I completely agree and appreciate that you folks remeasure. Denim is cotton. It moves when being sewn. Specs allow for standard deviation from the intended target. Even within a batch, there will be variation from pair to pair in the same size. But I can assure you, 1/4" difference at raw measurement will mean little to nothing after a couple soaks and some heavy wear.

We've found that every run is slightly different, so every time we get a new run in we remeasure them.

FYI, we have a size 36 in stock of the jean you're looking for, we ship for free, and we allow exchanges. 

I noticed you're having a sale this weekend. I'm within range of the SF store. Perhaps I will swing by.

Also 13% off this weekend!

needed an every day hoodie since I don't own one, and as of today I do!

acquired the indigo dyed hoodie in L since it's rinsed (would get the XL in the other colours)

can't wait to wear the heck out of it since it's winter in the rockies of Canada for a few weeks now. 

guys , if am i am wearing FH 3002 and Sam 710 in size 33"

for SG 3109 do u think should i go for 32 or 33

thanks

In my experience the 3xxx denim stretches a bit more than advertised on selfedge. I sized down on my pair, have a 36 inch waist and got a size 33. In about a month of wear my pair stretched to this

Waist: 36

Thigh; 12.2

Knee: 8.1

Hem: 7.7

Rise: 10.4

And for reference, I'd be a 36 in the 3002 and a 34 for the 710s but both would be a fair bit looser than my 3109s. 

I just got this hoodie from SE. I like the fit overall but am a little unsure on the length; it's about an inch shorter than I'm used to. Thoughts? Also, this is rinsed already so I'm assuming I shouldn't worry about any shrinkage down the line? This is the XL already so I'm unable to size up anymore anyways...it's either keep this or find something else. (I'm 6' ~210lbs).

IMG_10911_zps25317e3b.jpgIMG_10921_zps53605ee5.jpg

The Indigo crews and hoodies are full on realizations of the maximum possible shrinkage of the loopwheeled fabric that Strike Gold uses.  You are right about not worrying about any kind of future shrinkage.  If you'd like a little bit more length on that, you can probably get a bit just by hand stretching it while it's on...the flip side of being at full shrinkage is that there is a lot of give for stretching the fabric back out, which I think tends to yield a really cool shape to the fit.  I've been in my indigo dyed crew for about a week now, and it was sausage casing tight in the chest and gut when I bought it, but it has now relaxed to be a perfect trim fit.

I definitely get that that hoodie fits shorter than what you're used to, and I don't think stretching the length a little would hurt, but especially once the body stretches out a little, it'll be a really good fit on you.

Tyler

uhm. If it was me, and I was dropping that kind of coin... I'd want something that fits a TON better. Great sweatshirt though. Return and get something that is perfect for you.

If you don't mind, could you specify what you don't like about this fit? For me, it really is only the length. I think everything else will be about as perfect as it can get. I'm also at about my heaviest I'll ever be right now; I'll be starting a mild cut in about 4 weeks or so.