Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

yes i think they are all the same length as far as i know.

check out this page for the sizes

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/furutaka/c/0000000112/

intersting thing is that the cant bust em stuff that first poped up on the warehouse blog and then page is also beeing sold on the furutaka page ( they dont sell warehouse though)

so i guess it is made by lee japan rather then warehouse. all very confusing. strage thing is also that some of the lee jalan products are not on the lee homepage.

I went through ratuken and bought my first pair 34/34 going by their measurements and they were wrong. They measured 37/37 !!

Thankfully, Will at Aero sorted me out with the correct size.

My original 2002 Lee repro of my 1934 101J sz 42 is smaller in size to the recent 30's 101J sz 42 which is why I thought Lee edwin and Lee Japan were different companies.

Also the 1930 101's are much bluer than my jacket, which is a shame, as I cant wear both together (they dont look right).

no lee edwin and lee japan were the same thing till now.

i think the difference in the sizing was because some earlier ones were made in china and the recent jacket for example are made in japan again ( i think that a reason for the difference) my first 101j 1946 i bought through aro was also cut much samller then the one i bought two years ago. so there was a change in sizing. the warehouse cowboy 1940s 101j is cut the same as the lee japan jackets, exept the warehouseX lee 101LJ wich is much shorter and more accurate as far as i can tell.

what i dont understand is that some of the warehouse stuff are called warehouseXlee and some are lee archives.

no lee edwin and lee japan were the same thing till now.

i think the difference in the sizing was because some earlier ones were made in china and the recent jacket for example are made in japan again ( i think that a reason for the difference) my first 101j 1946 i bought through aro was also cut much samller then the one i bought two years ago. so there was a change in sizing. the warehouse cowboy 1940s 101j is cut the same as the lee japan jackets, exept the warehouseX lee 101LJ wich is much shorter and more accurate as far as i can tell.

what i dont understand is that some of the warehouse stuff are called warehouseXlee and some are lee archives.

Fardin - you are Mr. Lee!

Yeah, the range of Lee repro stuff is all very confusing (much like the Lee history itself) but that makes it more interesting. It's denim- detectives like ourselves who try and piece together the jigsaw.

Found that link to the early thirties 101 LJ (blanket lined one pocket buckleback) yet? Would really hope to find one in my size, if it exists?

CTB

These are Lee Japan I believe, rather than edwin. I have a pair - They are great jeans: Alot 'bluer' than most Lees, could be natural indigo, but I dont think so.

Sizing: I'm a 34 and the 34 measured 36, so I bought a pair of 32 which measure 34. Hemmed, washed twice at 40c, had them for 6 months. Leg has shrunk 1".

They are identical to a pair pictured in Paul T's book.

They are a QUALITY item.

I see what you mean about the colour of the jeans mate...not too sure about the rise on them, but I'll try and get some fit pics up over the weekend...

Fardin,

I managed to get hold of that Boon (Denim jackets edition) book I showed you, so will post some pix of the early one pocket Lee 101LJ ! Bought both the denim jackets book and another early denim book, which has a pair of deadstock 1930 501xx's too. Gonna take a shed load of pix for all you Lee, and Levi heads.

As promised, fit pics of the 1930 101B I picked up...loving the cut, definitely prefer jeans with a fuller leg as these thighs need room!

Worried though that the arse might sag a lot when worn, can anyone share their own experiences?

Here ya go:

dscf4198l.jpg

dscf4197o.jpg

Comparison with the 52 101Zs I picked up a few months ago...love the jeans but hate the arse on them:

dscf4192m.jpg

dscf4191x.jpg

I'm assuming that the 30s won't sag as much, being RHT. Am I right?

oh man Dr cant wait to see the scans of the book. where did you find it ?

Got it from a chap on the bay, plus another old 1990's 'boon type magazine (which I only bought because it has some photos of a deadstock pair of 1930 levis 501's).

I'll have to get busy, as I also have some photos of a deadstock pair of 1938 Lee 101 hair-on-hide jeans too. You're gonna love 'em.

ed just check back with the seller. wich 101j? mccoys, lee japan , warehouse?

lee japan and warehouse are produced oversize.

check out the warehouse site and the edwin frutaka site for sizing.

Fardin, got some pix from these two books!

From Boon vol#1(1995)

denimphotos002.jpg

1938 Lee hair-on-hide

denimphotos003.jpg

Lots of info...

denimphotos004.jpg

And then there's Boon vol#4 (1996)

denimphotos013.jpg

denimphotos014.jpg

Loads of Lee info (you can also find some of this at - www.vintagemotorcyclejackets.com)

denimphotos017.jpg

denimphotos018.jpg

And here we have it -

denimphotos021.jpg

The 1933 Lee 101LJ (NOT stormcowboy!)

denimphotos022.jpg

Earliest grey/OD green striped blanket lining, Label on collar has no Lot number (Aaaarrrgh!) and the buckle has been removed.

denimphotos023.jpg

I dont know about early models with Levis shaped back pockets...

There are several pix there showing buckleback Lee's, the earliest being 1936.

But in the back of the denim jackets edition there is a small black and white pic of a chap at the Rose Bowl holding up a pair of what look like the same early pair that appear in your book (with the rivets on the back pocket corners).

dr the scans are great thank you. the dead stock hair on hide is great. looks like lee japan is really doing a great job, they look pretty much the same, exept the back pocket stiching. and i love the first lined 101LJ. withought you and those pics we would have never found that out. i cant find the link to the lee sammler piece. but i hope secially warehouse is going to make a repro of that.

and the pic of the 30s lee with the levis back pockets is great too, just like in pauls book.

great

dr did you see the pic i posted from the warehouse blog? they are making some of the early models for 2010, i just wonder what that white tag is ?

dr the scans are great thank you. the dead stock hair on hide is great. looks like lee japan is really doing a great job, they look pretty much the same, exept the back pocket stiching. and i love the first lined 101LJ. withought you and those pics we would have never found that out. i cant find the link to the lee sammler piece. but i hope secially warehouse is going to make a repro of that.

and the pic of the 30s lee with the levis back pockets is great too, just like in pauls book.

great

dr did you see the pic i posted from the warehouse blog? they are making some of the early models for 2010, i just wonder what that white tag is ?

Hi Fardin

Yeah, saw those pics. The only white tab with red text I've seen is on the '31' series (there's a pic on some dungarees in Paul T's book. Other than that, I'm unsure. Lee changed it's neck tag design and colour combo every week by the looks of things ...