Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

i have read about the james dean jean too. the thing is that lee japan already produces a 1955 101z, so i wonder what the difference will be , the washed one on the pic dont look like deans.

warehouse is coming up with some new models too.

they seems to celebrate 120 years of lee, with a whte lable series. i am a litle irritated by the white tag on the back pockets and the pocket of the jacket.

here is a pic

and the warehouse link to the complete series

http://ware-house.co.jp/index.php?page=white_label

o0800055610337468209.jpg

i have posted this yesterday on the vintage workwear thread, but these pants are interesting. erwin pants ( maybe they have something to do with erwin mills) look how similiar these are to lee jeans with the levis pockets, the denim and color, cich and ufo rivettes resemble lee´s too

o0800080010336855578.jpg

i have posted this yesterday on the vintage workwear thread, but these pants are interesting. erwin pants ( maybe they have something to do with erwin mills) look how similiar these are to lee jeans with the levis pockets, the denim and color, cich and ufo rivettes resemble lee´s too

o0800080010336855578.jpg

Fardin,

Looks like the pic wont upload.

By the way, I'm not sure about those Lee white label - I mean, why bring out yet ANOTHER label (we already have the 'gold' label), which is basically ANOTHER version of the traditional black label stuff??????

If they dont buy the black label or gold label line, what will make people buy the white label? I mean, how many versions of hair-on-hide 101's can you have?

... too stuck in my ways for my own good, that's my problem...

Jin's at one month. Not so good phone picture. Probably gonna wash next weekend.

IMG_01191.jpg

Farmer, I would +rep but I have to spread it around before I can get you again.

If those are 1 month, IMO don't wash them yet. Those are work jeans right? Yeah they're probably crazy dirty - but just leave them for a while.

Fardin

You checked out that Lee westernwear re-issue stuff at oki-ni?

LOVE the westerner shirt (always wanted an original one- never seen one in my size) - I'm bummed that they dont make the shirt in an XL, but it all looks fantastic anyway.

IMO Lee really leave Lvc behind when it comes to the repro stuff....

thats true as far as i know they dont make an xl. the original westerner stuff pop up on e bay quite often, maybe you can find a decent size there.

yeah i am also suprized with the lee repros. its interesting how much more they are liked in japan then in the rest of the world. and different companies making beautiful repros.

Fardin

You checked out that Lee westernwear re-issue stuff at oki-ni?

LOVE the westerner shirt (always wanted an original one- never seen one in my size) - I'm bummed that they dont make the shirt in an XL, but it all looks fantastic anyway.

IMO Lee really leave Lvc behind when it comes to the repro stuff....

Per Fardin's suggestion, here is a Westerner shirt available now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-LEE-WESTERNER-SANFORIZED-COTTON-WESTERN-SHIRT_W0QQitemZ380186953476QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Men_s_Clothing?hash=item5884e88704

Thanks mate, yeah spotted that one, but it's too snug shoulder-wise.

Dont get many 'clean' originals like that though. I've got an original jacket to match which is spotless!

:)

Thanks mate, yeah spotted that one, but it's too snug shoulder-wise.

Dont get many 'clean' originals like that though. I've got an original jacket to match which is spotless!

:)

Do the Westerner jackets shrink a lot? I tried on a vintage one that was size 42 and it felt like a 36. Usually I can fit in a size 40 and I couldn't really get my arms in it. Maybe it was mismarked originally though.

Do the Westerner jackets shrink a lot? I tried on a vintage one that was size 42 and it felt like a 36. Usually I can fit in a size 40 and I couldn't really get my arms in it. Maybe it was mismarked originally though.

Maybe..It is possible?

I think Lee westerner stuff is a vat-dyed heavy twill which is sanforized so mininum shrinkage.

I cant say for the repro stuff, but for original jackets that fall within the 101 'Riders' style spectrum (ie 100J, 101J, 101LJ models) - all are on the snug side, and more importantly, very short. I sized up on all my Lee riders jackets and the back length on all of them is 23.5" !

thats funny heech. i must be realy smaller then you. for me they are to long. though my experience with the 101J is that the lee japan repros are cut much bigger.

i dont have the westerner stuff but i cant imagine they would shrink that much.

here is the sizing from the furutaka site

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/furutaka/1016-51/

thats funny heech. i must be realy smaller then you. for me they are to long. though my experience with the 101J is that the lee japan repros are cut much bigger.

i dont have the westerner stuff but i cant imagine they would shrink that much.

here is the sizing from the furutaka site

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/furutaka/1016-51/

Yeah, i only know about ORIGINAL jacket sizing with the 101 style (Ive owned probably nine or ten jackets in the past) - You're the man when it comes to repro Lee stuff. So the repro stuff is bigger AND longer? I was under the impression that Lee japan was smaller in fit. (?)

Whats the difference (apart from the price) between the 1931 and 1937 101J cowboy buckleback jackets on that page?

well from what i know the 101j is cut bigger. you can check the sizing on the furutaka site.

the warehouse 101j has the same sizing. the 101lj are cut regular.

the length is to long for me but to short for you. as you said they are arounf 24 inches.

i posted a fit pic of mine somewhere in this thread i think.

the 1930 is made in japan and the 1937 is made in china as far as i know, and some of the details are slightly different, but hardly visible. the pocket has a more pointy shape on the 1930 and the cinch is cut a bit different, and the collor also seems a bit lighter same as the 1930 pants.

strange enough the new warehouse white lable 1930s cowboy jacket does not have a cinch in the back, wich is odd for the time, but i guess they know what they are doing.

well from what i know the 101j is cut bigger. you can check the sizing on the furutaka site.

the warehouse 101j has the same sizing. the 101lj are cut regular.

the length is to long for me but to short for you. as you said they are arounf 24 inches.

i posted a fit pic of mine somewhere in this thread i think.

the 1930 is made in japan and the 1937 is made in china as far as i know, and some of the details are slightly different, but hardly visible. the pocket has a more pointy shape on the 1930 and the cinch is cut a bit different, and the collor also seems a bit lighter same as the 1930 pants.

strange enough the new warehouse white lable 1930s cowboy jacket does not have a cinch in the back, wich is odd for the time, but i guess they know what they are doing.

My repro Lee 1934 101J is 25" down the back from collar seam to waist, whereas my original 1959 101LJ, 1969 100J and my (now sold) Nos 1970 101J are all 23.5. The two different shapes have a totally different fit, but then ones a repro, the other 3 are original.

Love the card neck flasher on the 1930 (actually, the 101 jackets came out in '32) - never seen one of those before. Always wondered what the big square stitch mark (seen on the yoke) was on the pics I've seen of originals (look at the one in PT's book.

Fardin

This is what i was talking about - original jacket sizing. Check out the measurements of this early Lee 101J , ebay seller's name 'makemytable' (sorry, dont know how to link)

I take a 44", but the chest would be too tight, the arms and back length is too short.

Lovely conditioned jacket mind.

yes that a very nice jacket doc. although also the chest would be a 46.

but the length is shorter then the 46 repros. but maybe the jackets were a tad longer in the beginnig then later. cause as we know the 30s cowboy jackets were also cut longer.

yes that a very nice jacket doc. although also the chest would be a 46.

but the length is shorter then the 46 repros. but maybe the jackets were a tad longer in the beginnig then later. cause as we know the 30s cowboy jackets were also cut longer.

Yeah, I just Love my '34 101J - it's the perfect length. Do the edwin-made jackets shrink at all? I've never washed mine, but just wondered..

Pleeaase find that Sammler link!

thanks party, yes thats the most complete link i know, there are some more, but i could not find the jacket anymore. i guess it was part of an earlier collection. but as you can see its all not accurate stuff. so we better wait for warehouse to make it hopfully one day.