Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

Pictures above are from an ebay auction, and apparently they're a sample

Hmmmm.... these didn't sell and the seller is offering to sell them for $100 + S&H ($27 to the States... not sure how much to Uganda, hah!). I'm torn. More money than I have any business spending given my income...

Anyhow , was messing around on ebay start of the week , ended up scoring these for £35 . A pair of the new Lee 101 range - model 101z . They just arrived a few hours ago . Having only seen pics before I wasnt sure what they would be like . Now Im a stickler for retro details , but these arent really pushed as a exact repro . Compared to the 1952/1966 models , the pockets sit to low , are a bit oversized , the badging is modern (had to remove the shittiest looking fake hair on hide tag you could ever see) I tweeked the shield back pocket stitching also and some of the stitching patterns are slightly different . The cut is quite good , the denim is sanforized , very dark indigo though not rigid or soft . Selvage is cool , looks great with a pair of black boots . Wouldnt pay the full retail , approx £120 but for £35 they will do nicely (probably for a while until I flog them lol !!!)

Btw , marks are camera spots .

002-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

i looked at these very closely in the sales, and the denim looks great. It's quie a flat colour in the flesh, not as black as, say, LVC, but pretty authentic. I suspect it's much the same denim as its predecessors, in which case the fade is fantastic,

Agree on the denim , its not unlike in colour to 70s/80s Lee Riders I have owned . What doesnt come across well in the pics is the fat gold selvage and the gold and vey bright lemon stiching , some of the better detailing .

• 3 weeks later...

few weeks ago, i got my self a great bargain when buying the ltd 1966 101z beatles edition and i´m fascinated by the quality of the denim and details, better then many lvc´s i´ve seen... right now i´m cheating my beloved s501xx ;)

can anyone post some pics of an inworn piece?

few weeks ago, i got my self a great bargain when buying the ltd 1966 101z beatles edition and i´m fascinated by the quality of the denim and details, better then many lvc´s i´ve seen... right now i´m cheating my beloved s501xx ;)

can anyone post some pics of an inworn piece?

Well done on getting the ltd 1966, they sound great. This is a repost, of the jeans I sold to beatle that I think are the same fabric. All the LEe denim looks amazing when worn in, I think it comes from Nisshinbo.

Leefrontmain.jpg

Anyhow , was messing around on ebay start of the week , ended up scoring these for £35 . A pair of the new Lee 101 range - model 101z . They just arrived a few hours ago . Having only seen pics before I wasnt sure what they would be like . Now Im a stickler for retro details , but these arent really pushed as a exact repro . Compared to the 1952/1966 models , the pockets sit to low , are a bit oversized , the badging is modern (had to remove the shittiest looking fake hair on hide tag you could ever see) I tweeked the shield back pocket stitching also and some of the stitching patterns are slightly different . The cut is quite good , the denim is sanforized , very dark indigo though not rigid or soft . Selvage is cool , looks great with a pair of black boots . Wouldnt pay the full retail , approx £120 but for £35 they will do nicely (probably for a while until I flog them lol !!!)

Btw , marks are camera spots .

002-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

can we get some fit pics and measurements?

First day in the Oko Ni 1930s 101B. Normal size for me is 32, these are 30, pretty much perfect, an inch of shrinkage here or there will be fine. In fact I'll probabyl get an inch of shrunkae after today's rain. The Clerk shortened them from 36 to 34 and did a great job in matching the vibrant orange stitching.

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

you got them wet in the rain??how could you do that,you ruined them!

what a waste,Paul,now you have to start again...

I know, I posted an 'emergency!' thread to ask what to do and Cotton nixed it. Now my pockets have blue patches it's a disaster.

paul they look incredible on you. so exept the rain no soaking? still cant rep you. i love the 1930s, still my favorite pants

NO soaking before the rain... I've never soaked my Lees, and altho on some the Sanforization is better than others I've never found the shrinkage too much of a problem. Either way the thighs will be plenty wide, I'd prefer if they don't shrink much in the length as I like the big cuffs.

These are lovely jeans, I prefer them to my old 555 1933, although I didn't downsize enough on those, so it's not a fair comparison. These are my first Lee r/h twill, it will be interesting to see if they fade differently to the l'h.

I love the 1930s lee's Paul. I would have gotten a pair during that sale, but I cannot allow myself anymore indulgences. I've gotta finish what I've got on my plate before I can go back for seconds.

do you have any detail photos? can't rep you, but I would if I could.