Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

sorry beautiful_FrEaK ive no info on these but ive got a link for a pair of jeans for sale (what waist are you?) i cant seem to pm , i can only reply to pm's , so send a pm and ill foward the link ( there not SD but there a great price , pitty there not my size )

hey beautiful, strange they are 46 repros, because actually the war time lees had the laurel leaf buttons. and the pockets a pretty close, same with the euro version of the 101b. so would be intersting to know more about it.

these 101bs are belonging to my buddy Mika,he bought them 7 years ago:

4254801304_6c59dde671.jpg

4254799520_0858b8e366.jpg

4254802876_850e6e3e83.jpg

cinchback,half selvage,"homespun denim" printed on the pocketlining,whats the deal with these?

sorry for quoting my own post,but any help is much appreciated.i would also like to know the differences between 101bs with cinch and without.i had a bookmark to a site which infos about all models of LEE bout lost it after buying a new computer.any help?

awesome dr. curious to see how much it will end up . 48 is way to big for me, pity. i love the lining of the 50s 101lJ

beautiful fr. they look great anyway, and sd makes geat quality pants. dont forget to tell us about them as soon as you get them.

hey markus, leider nein.

i read the post but maybe dr heech or paul know something about it.

i guess everybody here thinks i am , wich is nice but i am far from beeing a lee expert. i just like the brand. the 101bs with cinch are just older then the ones without. up until the war lee still had the cowboy pant with cinch, as levis they changed that do to the production restrictions during the war. so the 1942 is the first repro without a chinch and different style pockets ( smaller). thats also the time when lee changed the shape from a dungaree style pant to the more slim cut lee riders. the 1928, 1930s 1936 and 1939 plus the 131 cowboy pant from the 30s are the repros with cinch. allthough lee x warehouse also has a 30s white lable cowboy pant with cinch.

couldnt rep you for all you great posts, mus spread!!!

wow,thanks a lot for such an complex answer!thats a lot more than i expected.must spread also..

i suppose the model i took the pics from is just some special edition,like what levis is making once in a while.just wondered about the half selvage,i thought that was a vintage/repro only detail.

Half selvage, incidentally, seemed to mark the point when Lee's denim moved to wide (selvage) looms.

Levi's were among the last to keep the narrow ones, for wider looms first appeared in the 50s. The selvage definitely varies across examples for Lee, I have seen photos of 1958 Lees with no visible selvage at all, from the time they slimmed the fit radically.

Hard to say without seeing the internal tags. There were a few different Euro versions, I can't remember whether they originated from Belgium or the UK, but I've never seen that pocket lining before - and the other repros were full selvage (up until they introduced the open or 'fake' selvage Euro repros).

i just saw that real mccoys has a new lee rider jean. its a i guess a late 40s 101z, different from the taxi driver one wich is from the 70s. the nice thing is that is has full selvedge wich makes em the only ones after the 40s cowboy 101z from warehouse.

here a link

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/threeeight/rmc-mp9191-140.html

i dont have the 1944, but the last lee japan pair i bought were the 1930 101b and they did not strech at all. though the 1952s do a bit. so i dont think you will have to expect a lot of streching.

but maybe some can correct me.

so do both have the same real waist size ?

No, my 1936 was a Sz 30 - i don't know if you remember our discussion on the 1936 and you told me they are over sized and I should size down which I did and it worked out perfectly. So even though I bought a 30 in 1936 and I'm a 32 it fit just fine after a soak. I got the 1944 in 31 and I wear a 32, figure maybe after a soak might stretch to 32.

Half selvage, incidentally, seemed to mark the point when Lee's denim moved to wide (selvage) looms.

Levi's were among the last to keep the narrow ones, for wider looms first appeared in the 50s. The selvage definitely varies across examples for Lee, I have seen photos of 1958 Lees with no visible selvage at all, from the time they slimmed the fit radically.

This is one of those things I have a hard time getting my mind around. So regardless of the visible selvage, Lee's half selvage and no (visible) selvage were still the same fabric as when they were visible selvage just cheaper to make on wider looms? I hope that makes sense. Also since they both bought from Cone and Lee and Levi went to wide at different times that means Cone was transitioning technology and probably Levi had a quality or tradition issue with going wide?