Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

love those dr. thanks for the pic. nice to see you use the cinch.

Thanks Fardin,

Yeah, nice to be able to have a useable cinch for a change. Thought that the position of it would be a problem at first, but it is perfect. I get more comments about these jeans than any other I wear.

BTW

Half the time I do put a belt over the top as I'm concious of the relaxed pose of forthcoming middle-age spread!

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers fellas, too kind :)

Really loving the 1930s denims, took a while to grow on me but am loving them now. Also the Evis Lot 2101s, a much slimmer fit but still a great pair of jeans.

The Lazy S Evisu jeans are made of superb denim but suffer from a boxier top block which has a habit of stretching out like mad after a few wears, and ends up halfway down your arse. And the 101Zs are great jeans, but not loving the way that the pocket placement makes my arse look the size of an outdoor toilet block.

Updates to follow, watch this space!

Picked up this deadstock 101J on eBay a few weeks back. Been looking for one in my size (46 long) forever and this finally came up... my guess is mid/late '70s, but if anyone could narrow it down further, I'd appreciate it. There's no selvedge visible, and I know this is a slightly newer label, but it fits great, so I'm pretty happy.

I'm considering a cold-soak just to get any shrinkage out of the way -- does anyone know if these are sanforized?

DSC_0797.jpg

DSC_0801.jpg

DSC_0802.jpg

Picked up this deadstock 101J on eBay a few weeks back. Been looking for one in my size (46 long) forever and this finally came up... my guess is mid/late '70s, but if anyone could narrow it down further, I'd appreciate it. There's no selvedge visible, and I know this is a slightly newer label, but it fits great, so I'm pretty happy.

I'm considering a cold-soak just to get any shrinkage out of the way -- does anyone know if these are sanforized?

DSC_0797.jpg

DSC_0801.jpg

DSC_0802.jpg

Nice find, although it's essentailly a 101J, look at the label and you'll see it's the lot 220. Judging by the label text and features, it's the third edition 220, which going by my references, dates it to mid-late 1970's (the four pocket version came out in '83)

It is sanforized, so like all Lee's it wont shrink more than 3%, and thats only after a hot wash.

Just a heads-up to let people know that OkiNi have still got some of the )excellent) 30s Edwin-made repros on sale.

Most of the sizes disappeared at the end of Jan, but since then they seem to have re- stocked. They have some models full price if you search by maker, but go to the sale section and they still seem to have several good models in a decent range of sizes. Probably best to size down by two inches, on the 30s ones at least.

These are the 1930, with the bright orange stitching. This is the pair I've posted in waywt and i think on this thread too. They're a good fit if you size down.

http://www.oki-ni.com/Mens-Jeans/Lee-Cowboy-1930s-101B-Dry-Jeans/invt/lj0029dnm

The 1934 has more yellow sitiching, and arcuate that's more like the Lazy S. My guess is that these are wider in cut but I could be wrong.

http://www.oki-ni.com/Sale/Lee-101-B-Cowboy-Dry-Jeans/invt/lj0003denm

Yes, exactly the same as mine I think. Did you get them from Oko Ni?

I should've mentioned I sent crownzip the link for the 1930, and OkiNi do ship to the states. For £70 these are a bargain.

Unfortunately for me, it was one bargain too many. I realised I have to sell my LVC 555 201 and my 47 501, once I checked my credit card bill.

Still, no regrets:

IMG_1082.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd bump this thread as It's one of my favs.

All the talk of duck hunting jackets on the Lvc thread reminded me I have a duck jacket I wear when drystone walling, during the winter months. It has come home for it's annual wash.

It's an original early 1970's Lee (91-BJ type) blanket lined duck coat.

These aren't that rare, and I have seen the odd deadstock one, but are harder to find in large size, and can be considered vintage.

Lee91jand101j001.jpg

This a great jacket for the job: big lower pockets for measure, pins and gloves.

.. comparison of colour.

Lee91jand101j006.jpg

Button down top pocket for line level..etc.

The material is really heavy duty and is perfect for the abrasive Cotswold stone.

Lee91jand101j007.jpg

True representaion of the caramel colouring. (Note: two colours of stitching)

Lee91jand101j013.jpg

Bit of oxidisation on the snaps under the collar (for a hood or a mouton collar?)

Lee91jand101j014.jpg

Lee rivets are identical to the wartime rivets with the lower case 'e' pointing upwards(also called the 'ufo' type)

Lee91jand101j010.jpg

Ed ! Are you out there?

Lee91jand101j004.jpg

Lee91jand101j015.jpg

Some pics of my '34 101-J. Bought in 2003, worn lightly since 2008.

Never been washed.

Lee91jand101j022.jpg

Love this jacket, sanforized (so I was told), stitching on the inside a mixture of yellow and orange cotton (not poly.)

Lee91jand101j024.jpg

Slowly getting there.

Lee91jand101j016.jpg

Lee91jand101j021.jpg

Some areas still 'hairy'.

Lee91jand101j019.jpg

Beautifull denim.

@ Paul or Fardin- Earlier Edwin denim, made in Japan by ?

beautiful stuff. i wish i could also find one of those duck lined jackets. i have a normal carhartt wich i wear all the time. but wish i had a vintage one, or a lee like your. have to check e bay.

the cowboy looks great too. mine is in constant use.

Dr. Heech,

That Lee duck is looking sweet! Nothing like well work cotton duck. The blanket lined chore jackets definitely come in handy when it gets cold. I've got a 60's 91-BJ in denim and it's perfect for cold weather.

I've admired the Edwin '34 101-J for some time but have always wondered about the sizing. What size is yours and do you find the sleeve length to be too long? That jacket's really starting to show some great wear.

Thanks for posting the photos!

Dr. Heech,

That Lee duck is looking sweet! Nothing like well work cotton duck. The blanket lined chore jackets definitely come in handy when it gets cold. I've got a 60's 91-BJ in denim and it's perfect for cold weather.

I've admired the Edwin '34 101-J for some time but have always wondered about the sizing. What size is yours and do you find the sleeve length to be too long? That jacket's really starting to show some great wear.

Thanks for posting the photos!

Cheers Crownzip,

Regarding the 101-J, it's a tagged size 42, but IMO fits like a 44".

The sleeves are a little long, but hopefully will produce some sleeve 'stacking' over time.

Here are some fit pics taken about a year ago -

007-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

I like the fit, especially the length.

You're right, the fit looks spot on!

If you don't mind could you give the following measurements of your sz.42 101J:

With the jacket lying flat, front facing up, what's the chest measurement from arm pit to arm pit?

What's the sleeve length from the shoulder seam to the end of the cuff?

What's the back length from the bottom of the collar seam to the bottom of the jacket?

Thanks so much!

You're right, the fit looks spot on!

If you don't mind could you give the following measurements of your sz.42 101J:

With the jacket lying flat, front facing up, what's the chest measurement from arm pit to arm pit?

What's the sleeve length from the shoulder seam to the end of the cuff?

What's the back length from the bottom of the collar seam to the bottom of the jacket?

Thanks so much!

Ok,

Chest measurement from armpit to armpit = 23"

Sleeve length from shoulder seam to cuff end = 26"

Collar seam to waistband = 25.5"

( +shoulder to shoulder, straight across = 20")

The jacket is slim fitting, but slightly stretched from wearing, especially the chest (originally it measured just over 22").

And as Entertainment mentioned, the sleeves are slim, not billowing, so will produce some 'stacking' much like a slim jean would.

I prefer this jacket to all the Lvc ones (no baggy waist!)

once again there is a new 101Z repro out. this time by lee japan. its the replica of the model james dean wears in giant. the original was sould a couple of years ago ( before that it was in the fairmont james dean museum). it even has the warner bros tag on it. i have posted a pic of the original somewhere in a lee thread. the pants look nice and they finally have full salvege and the 50s tag.

here the link to the repro.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/vintage/le15111-89/

L1070388.jpg