Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to fardin again.

thanks for the explanation Fardin; i will check out those archive Lee's again next week; they came in a nice box as well; the other pair was a hickory model. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to fardin again. Very nice stuff

cool beatle, thanks. thats how i bought my 30s lee last year. why dont they have any sizing to choose with the 37 ?

guess they are sould out already

Hate to ask, but I really like this jacket, http://ware-house.co.jp/index.php?page=item&ic=28612, but I would love it if it was raw. Does any one know where I can find one?

I can find lots of 101Js, but the 91B is relatively harder (at least in my parts).

This isn't the Warehouse version, just Edwin Lee, probably MIC, but I have had very good luck with the seller. He ships super fast and everything has been top notch.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lee-Vintage-1950s-91-B-Work-Denim-Jacket-38-M-91-J-/160385895795?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item2557be8d73

It's worth noting that most of what they have listed is the Gold Label repros, which aren't as good as the Originals, and have been on sale pretty often - altho' they have the Edwin-made 37 raw jeans at a not bad price.

Good info, thanks Paul.

Does anyone know if these jeans and the same pair as these jeans? I am guessing with the price difference they are not... thanks!

Good info, thanks Paul.

Does anyone know if these jeans and the same pair as these jeans? I am guessing with the price difference they are not... thanks!

THey're both the Edinw-made Lee jeans, from a quick look they are the same model, I guess with the 'Lee Mercantile Co' patch on the left. There are two very similar ones, one with orange, one with a more pink stitching, but I can't see the stitching on the Cultizm jean. THey are lovely jeans, I personally prefer the dry version, for which you need to size down two inches; I don't know about the situaiton with the distressed versions. Crownzip and I have the same mid 30s ones, I think, I can't remember what Fardin has?

yes runormal, they are the same. price is not that different, cause cultizm has a sale.

what a pity the hair on hides are sold out. shoot, i was actually waiting for the cultizm sale and now i missed it.

yes paul, i also have it. i bought them last year at the cultizm lee sale. just about a year ago, and have been wearing then the hole time. looove those. but i d also go with the unwashed one

Paul and fardin thank you both for the info. For $150 USD I decided to treat myself to a pair. I've never owned a pair of Lee jeans before so I am looking forward to seeing them in real life. Its too bad they didn't have a selection of dry 1930s by the time I checked the sale. From what I've read here the dry lee jeans take a long time to break in and it would be fun to start a long term project pair.... i'm sure they end up looking amazing.

jeans arrived today from cultizm... first pair of lees that I have owned.

a_lee.jpg

a_neal1.jpg

a_lee1.jpg

The denim feels really nice. I might have been able to size down to a 32 but would rather have them a little loose for the summer. Overall I think I like the fit on them...

There's a lot to be said for a good wash in 30s-style jeans - they take an age to wear in. THose look better than my LVC 1933, or my 1873 natural indigo, ever did - altho I have hope for my 30s 101J in raw, I won't be posting more pix until Christmas. So please post pics on the 'washed denim' thread, over here...

Good catch, happy for you!

those lee work jackets are on sale all over rakuten, i noticed them a while back, standard price around 8000 yen (on sale). chinese made tho- the same model was being carried here in australia at one of the larger retail stores (gluestore).

img56427647.jpg?_ex=240x240

http://en.item.rakuten.com/sanshin/2419-8-ac02/

they're alright, i guess- i compared them with my gold series 101j at the time, which is a much better construction, and given some of the antipathy around here for the gold series, that may be a useful comparison. i like the gold series, i have a 101j and the clark as well (did my dash at last years cultizm sale), but they're definitely at the lower end of the leepro scale. compared to most of the utter shit that lee markets here in australia, it's pretty good tho, esp at the sale prices.

I just picked up the Lee Zed Turnups (funny Cultizm mentions a buttonfly twice in their description for a zip fly model, the rest of the writeup was accurate). I take it these are not part of the Gold Label? Being new to the high end Lees, all the info seems rather vague and conflicting. These appear to be a dang fine pair of jeans. Great denim texture that looks ripe for vertical fading, two tone varied size stitching, felled inseam, hair on hide patch and painted arcuates (I guess it's a 1940s model) and everything put together immaculately. About the only detail issue I could find lacking was the chainstitch that doesn't go all the way around on the waistband, and personally I couldn't care less about that. What is it about the Gold Label that makes them so ignorable? Is it lesser materials? Historical inaccuracy? I probably would have picked up the Gold Label 'toughened up' rider jacket if they had my size. I dug the button down collar.

ed those really look nice, and intersting details.the color looks similar to the warhouse lee white lable.

@ dom,as far as we know here all lee japan are made by edwin, yes. as crownzip pointed out, and others too,even rmc and warehosue lee are made there but with their own materials. some of the lee japan stuff was even made in china, as the jackts from the 2007 and 2008 season.

just tried on the Lee archives 1930 cowboy model; I loved the fit although it so different from the cuts i usually wear. Sizing runs about two sizes big; I'm a actual size 30 but usually buy my jeans measured size 29". These were tag size 28 and I still had room in the waist. One thing i did not like so much was the bright orange thread on the jeans; looks like a Nudies jeans...

its true they run a bit big. from what i know there is not size smaller then 28. piyt you dont ike the orange thread , thats one of the things i like most. well i dont knwo nudie jeans at all, but if, then its the other way around hahha

Washday. These are a pair of the Euro repros from, I think, the early 90s. I think I'll look out an old pair of my Euro Lees for the worn jeans/white T day on Friday. I am now down to one worn, and two new pairs, as I'm putting this pair up on the 'bay to contribute towards a replacement for my poor dead 'Mac.

Before:

dirtylees.jpg

After

LeeFulllength.jpg

Leebum.jpg

Leefulllengthback.jpg

Leeselvagehems.jpg

leecoinpocket.jpg

Leelap.jpg

Incidentally, I just pulled out one of my first Lee Euro repros, the ones with Sanforized fabric and pocket lining. THey are storming jeans... they have the real greyness you see in the original fabric. I wish I'd kept another pair back, now, but life goes on...