Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

I agree with you guys, a lot of the contrast fades we see look artificial. but when it's done right,, it has it's own appeal.....it's just another aspect of the beauty of good denim.

What I love about crownzip's though is the way that the green caste has really come through. I think that if the fade was more contrasty that effect wouldn't be as strong.

The denim looks great against the roughouts BTW crownzip!

cant rep you crownzip but fade and fit are outstanding. would you say these are also oversized (just as the other Lee Japan's?)

Hi all - I'm usually a Levi's man, but a friend in Japan a few years back, who was in product development for The Real McCoy's, gave me a pair of their samples - a washed Lee Repro. They are a great pair of jeans (Hayakawa-San, arigatchi!!) and if anyone is keen to see them, I am happy to post pics.

desu

Okie, her they are. Lee Cowboy jeans by The Real McCoys. They have been washed half a dozen times over the years I've had them, as I never really wore them - the wide stance pockets always looked funny on my rugby players arse. The Union label is in the back right hand pocket, and there was once a label above the Lee patch that was washed away to nothing. Heavy white selvedge on denim that looks like it's a pure indigo left hand, so it has faded to a light blue. All stitching in yellow with flat, undecorated buttons, save the top waist button, which says Lee Cowboy. I'm guessing it's a late 50's cut? The rivets and burrs are squashed flat, with a great, retro italic LEE mark on them. I'm guessing it isn't the standard hand press riveter I have used in the past that has made them look this way. Anyway - here are the pics. Again apologies for the copious number and poor quality of them.

RMCLeeUnionTab.jpg

P7043664.jpg

P7043663.jpg

P7043662.jpg

P7043660.jpg

P7043656.jpg

P7043654.jpg

P7043652.jpg

P7043651.jpg

desu

• 2 weeks later...

Those are nice desu...you should rock 'em.

@CTB ...looking forward to the pics. I have been wearing mine exclusively for the last couple of months and I like them more and more. The hues in this denim are really nice and different from anything else I own. They started out navy and are moving towards a sort of royal blue.

I like putting them on every day, which is for me is the test of a good pair of jeans....

Those are nice desu...you should rock 'em.

@CTB ...looking forward to the pics. I have been wearing mine exclusively for the last couple of months and I like them more and more. The hues in this denim are really nice and different from anything else I own. They started out navy and are moving towards a sort of royal blue.

I like putting them on every day, which is for me is the test of a good pair of jeans....

Yeah, I'm not one for wearing the same pair of jeans every day but these have had the lion's share of wear over the past six months:

dscf0976x.jpg

dscf0980v.jpg

dscf0982.jpg

dscf0984o.jpg

dscf0985t.jpg

dscf0987p.jpg

Both pairs are looking great CTB. Thanks for posting the pics. unfortunately "must spread"...

The Evis are LHT?

I washed my 1930 101B last night and was impressed by the level of detail involved in their construction. There's at least 5 colours of thread involved and there's chainstitching everywhere- even the bottoms of the pocket bags are chainstitched with white thread!

hey guys,

I have ordered a rmc taxi driver 101z. The site where I have purchased those, says that those are sanforized and will only shrink 0,25inch in the waist. Can anybody confirm that please.

http://shop.dc4.de/real-mccoys-p-353.html

$347 USD! I like them, but can't afford that right now...

hey guys,

I have ordered a rmc taxi driver 101z. The site where I have purchased those, says that those are sanforized and will only shrink 0,25inch in the waist. Can anybody confirm that please.

http://shop.dc4.de/real-mccoys-p-353.html

it's been about three months with one hot soak for me, and that sounds about right. nowhere near the shrinkage you would get from, say, evisu 2000 no.1 denim.

I have read all 104 paiges of this thread yesterday night. And

I have asked the shop (dc4) about the sizing. They told me, that those are sanforized. I just want to be sure, because another guy told me that they aren´t sanforized...

haha, yeah sorry about that- i just assumed they wouldn't be sanforised, especially since that japanese link you sent me said they were shrink-to -tagged size.

better safe than sorry, tho, so it's worth asking around and checking for sure :D

Thought you might like these vintage Lee's I picked up the other day....

DSC04334.jpg

DSC04335.jpg

DSC04349.jpg

DSC04351.jpg

and you thought WE love our jeans... This is what love looks like... 40 years ago....