Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

grant great as always, the collor is really beautiful. these are going to be my next lee apir, unless warehouse hits us with something very special.

hope everything is fine with you

I got ignored on the last page so I'll ask again. Where can I get fit and sizing info on the different Lee models? I love the way all of these look and would like a pair myself, but don't really know where to start.

Thanks.

I think this thread probably has the most information. although it would be nice if all brand/style associated threads had a 1st page like the samurai one.

is there even a thread dedicated to Lee Japan/Edwin made Lees?

I got ignored on the last page so I'll ask again. Where can I get fit and sizing info on the different Lee models? I love the way all of these look and would like a pair myself, but don't really know where to start.

Thanks.

Accurate size charts for the Lee Japan models can be found at :

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/furutaka/c/0000000112/

Here's a photo of my Edwin '36 Lee's. After three washes they've shrunk very little in the waist and inseam so I'd recommend getting your size.

The jeans look awsome! And the fit i great.

About the shrinking...

I too have the Edwin made Hair on hide and my shrunk about 11 cm in the inseam and at least an inch in the waist.

EA, That's interesting you had that much shrinkage. After washing, mine also feel as though they've shrunk a little but always stretch back to their original size after i wear them a while. I've been meaning to have the legs shortened as I have more than enough length for a healthy double cuff. Regardless, isn't the denim on these Lee's awesome? They have a unique look that sets them apart from LVC and others.

crownzip

Yes, the denim is really great! I love the color of the jeans, it's like no other. I think that Edwin has made a great jean. The fabric is terrific and the stitching is flawless.

I don't think my waist has strectched out all the way after washing, but perhaps it's just me getting fat. The inseam however shrunk a ton, no question about it. I did not soak them but wore them raw for 7 months and then did a 30 Celsius wash. The shrinking continued after the second wash but stopped around the third.

Anyway...the Lee is a awesome jean!

LFC4ever you should ask chicken, i dont know if he is still around though. he has some real mccoys and tryed or saw the warehouse lee in person in japan, as far as i remember. but you cant go wrong with either of em. warehouse does not have the 101Z anymore, and realy mccoys has two different ones. i think one can still get the 101B from warehouse.

hey grant what is the difference in the real mccoys 1101B and lee japan you have?

LFC4ever you should ask chicken, i dont know if he is still around though. he has some real mccoys and tryed or saw the warehouse lee in person in japan, as far as i remember. but you cant go wrong with either of em. warehouse does not have the 101Z anymore, and realy mccoys has two different ones. i think one can still get the 101B from warehouse.

yup, i've been wearing mccoy 101z for a little over two months now, and i've tried out warehouse 101z before. perhaps, i would've purchased warehouse pair if i didn't already have my mccoy's.

i agree with fardin: they are both really good leepros, as far as i could tell. warehouse gets a little crazier with details, imo. they would do things like simulate faded threads and copy imperfect pocket shapes from the originals on purpose.

so I disregard my s501xx´s and wore my 1966 101z for the last months...

but they still need some wear before the first wash. does anyone around washed a pair of em? how much do they shrink in length? mine are 30/32, actual measurments are 33/34...

img3578a.jpg

Gorgeous. I haven't seen these in the flesh, they look like Kaihara fabric to me. WHEre are they made?

Shame they don't chainstitch the hem, though. All the 40s and 50s Lee's I've seen have a rolled, chainstitched hem characteristic of the Union Special 43200G; fortunately, The Clerk was still doing his promo deals recently, and I got him to chainstitch my last pair of Euro repros.

That said, it's only a detail...

Leeselvagehems.jpg

yup, i've been wearing mccoy 101z for a little over two months now, and i've tried out warehouse 101z before. perhaps, i would've purchased warehouse pair if i didn't already have my mccoy's.

i agree with fardin: they are both really good leepros, as far as i could tell. warehouse gets a little crazier with details, imo. they would do things like simulate faded threads and copy imperfect pocket shapes from the originals on purpose.

Many thanks - seems both excellent.

Have to say I got a bit confused looking at various sites as to sizing, especially on the Warehouse. Do they tend to run large?

Any preference as to 101Z or 101B?

I know this isn't Lee but I was looking on the Real McCoy website and saw these - wondered if anyone had any experience/knowledge of them - they look interesting and I assume they're the 1947 Wrangler 11MW (though I'm not sure of the difference between the 47, 52, 56 and 64 Wrangler models.....

https://www.realmccoys.co.jp/catalog/products/detail.php?product_id=2432&pg=1

I grapped em for only 70euro so i didn´t mind, originally they were sold for around a 200euro and came in black cardboard box, they are made in Poland. Those are the so called "beatles" 101z´s... By the way the denim is really great can´t see any difference in qualaty to the edwin repros...

I wasn't criticising! I think they look great.

All the Lee EUro repros are really under-rated. The best thing about them is that for a long time you could get them for £55 or £60; well-made jeans that wear in brilliantly. I"m pretty sure my early ones have cotton stitching, too. Kiahara Sanforized denim for Lee looks v different to their Levi's... it could be someone else but i'd bet on them.

LEvi's in Europe should have done a similar no-frills line, sub-£80, no-wash selvage 501 10 years ago - if Uniqlo can do it, so should they.

paul t,i know you were not critizing... actually these are the 1st pair that i´m wearing in without any soak or wash, and i think the result is much better...

looking at crownzips 42s i even more fall in love with lee...

i have pair of deatstock 1960s lee with a snap button, the have double felted in and outseam so the don´t show up any selvage but the denim is very nice and crisp, i should take some photos...

Many thanks - seems both excellent.

Have to say I got a bit confused looking at various sites as to sizing, especially on the Warehouse. Do they tend to run large?

Any preference as to 101Z or 101B?

i prefer the cut on 101z. lower rise and slightly slimmer i think all the way through. even though i prefer button flies, i went with z because of it.

sizing-wise, iirc, warehouse and mccoy 101zs were both very similar. however, hard to really tell until i have a chance to also hot-soak warehouse 101z. so sorry, i'm no big help here.

my mccoy 101z, like grant's 101b, stretched back after the initial hot soak. overall, they don't shrink much.