Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

Today I had a talk with a salesman/agent from Edwin and he told me that he had never heard of a link between Edwin and Lee. He was from the Europe division of Edwin though. And we had a talk about this and almost got into an argument. Bottomline is, now I have to e-mail him some documentation along with some pics of my jeans, and if I'm right he'll give me a really nice pair of Edwin jeans - although I'm not really into Edwin generally.

So where do I get this information? I looked on the tags of my Lee 55's (from Speedway) and there where no evidence of them being made by Edwin.

I am looking for some speedy help here fellas.

Today I had a talk with a salesman/agent from Edwin and he told me that he had never heard of a link between Edwin and Lee. He was from the Europe division of Edwin though. And we had a talk about this and almost got into an argument. Bottomline is, now I have to e-mail him some documentation along with some pics of my jeans, and if I'm right he'll give me a really nice pair of Edwin jeans - although I'm not really into Edwin generally.

So where do I get this information? I looked on the tags of my Lee 55's (from Speedway) and there where no evidence of them being made by Edwin.

I can photograph my Edwin Lee tags, which should give the proof you need I think - too dark now tho. PM me your email addy.

Sorry Simon, I checked my jeans and they don't actually mention Edwin on the tag, even though they're made by them.

WOuld the fact the Edwin Corporate website mentions that they've been Lee and Wrangler licensees since 1987, help you win your bet??

That constitutes proof, surely?

mabye is says on the lee japan website somewhere. i have to check.

by the way got my free&EASY 10 yesterday and lee japan will have a 1955 101J and a 1955 101LJ, plus a nice wwII 1942 lee cowboy without any pocket stiching. i havent found any pics on the net yet

Yep, Edwin did all the Lee and Wrangler repros in Japan until recently (Warehouse and McCoy now do them).

Edwin first acquired the rights to make Lee in Japan in 1987, and then the rights to Wrangler in 2001.

See here:

http://www.edwin.co.jp/company/bluegenes.html

I'm surprised the Edwin rep doesn't know :rolleyes:

been looking around to pick up another pair of Lee 1942 but can't seem to find any place. Seem to be sold out everywhere. Looking to pick up a 31/33 any ideas, links? Cheers.

Like this?

Conact Naoki at Pants Shop, lots of sizes available.

LeeWWII-m.jpg

mabye is says on the lee japan website somewhere. i have to check.

by the way got my free&EASY 10 yesterday and lee japan will have a 1955 101J and a 1955 101LJ, plus a nice wwII 1942 lee cowboy without any pocket stiching. i havent found any pics on the net yet

Looking forward to the link!

Cant wait, thanks again fardin.

from what we learned here edwin still makes th lee archives series. thats why they are on the edwin site. good link by the way.

thanks dr hope i can find one quick. the old 42 model i going to be sold out soon. the new one does not have the nice upside down arcs anymore, pity and the demin looks different too.

Yep, Edwin did all the Lee and Wrangler repros in Japan until recently (Warehouse and McCoy now do them).

Edwin first acquired the rights to make Lee in Japan in 1987, and then the rights to Wrangler in 2001.

See here:

http://www.edwin.co.jp/company/bluegenes.html

I'm surprised the Edwin rep doesn't know :rolleyes:

Like this?

Conact Naoki at Pants Shop, lots of sizes available.

LeeWWII-m.jpg

Do you have a link? Or contact info?

Fardin,

That'll really be a shame if they change the denim as it fades just like sixty year old denim.

from what we learned here edwin still makes th lee archives series. thats why they are on the edwin site. good link by the way.

thanks dr hope i can find one quick. the old 42 model i going to be sold out soon. the new one does not have the nice upside down arcs anymore, pity and the demin looks different too.

ialso think its a shame. the 42 denim looks different then the rest of the lee jeans. from what i have seen in the free&easy 10 it looks darker and its a special pity they dont have the arcs anymore, wich was quite unique. i wonder if some of the wwII lees didnt have any pocket stiching , cause levis also didnt have any due to the restrictions. so it might be accurate. but i cant read japanese.

Managed to find this after some searching:

2010-09-13.jpg

those sda's lee shaped back pockets look somewhat out of proportion; way too wide?

They look fine when worn IMO. Fit pics are at:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/more-net/d1496/

I really like them. Also the patch is maybe my favourite ever. I'm considering copping. My only question is whether I would actually have much use for 26 oz jeans.

I bought a pair of the 101Z 1952's but are they Edwin or no? The tag says lee-japan.jp but I thought it was made by Edwin however cant find anything that mentions their name anywhere.

Pre Soak :

Lee_Raw_f.jpg

Lee_Raw_b_Tag.jpg

Post Soak :

Lee_f.jpg

Lee_b.jpg

The inseam came in about an inch or so and the rest a little not too much. Went TTS. One of the back pockets had some odd shrinkage...

Lee_pocket.jpg

They look fine when worn IMO. Fit pics are at:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/more-net/d1496/

I really like them. Also the patch is maybe my favourite ever. I'm considering copping. My only question is whether I would actually have much use for 26 oz jeans.

I love the patch too - it's just too thin for my liking, especially considering the denim is 26 oz post-soak, they just don't really match up.

The pockets are indeed a little larger when compared to other SDA Leepros, but all the better for big wallets :)